+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Guys, I wanted to ask if people noticed a change in processing times for dependant child.. at first Inland was 11 months pre covid then it turned into 12 months. Now its 13 months.. I was wondering if the same is for outland applicants..
I noticed this, too. The processing time prolonged..

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hi, my hubby & i are PR. I already have my twins(born in India) Visitor visa for Canada and their PR is under process. I am in India with my twins right now & my husband is in Canada. I am thinking to fly to Canada next month or Dec 2020(not sure though),& then inform ircc about twins physical address (country) change . once i reach there... is this a good decision? will my twins get Ohip , any idea? plz & thx.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi, my hubby & i are PR. I already have my twins(born in India) Visitor visa for Canada and their PR is under process. I am in India with my twins right now & my husband is in Canada. I am thinking to fly to Canada next month or Dec 2020(not sure though),& then inform ircc about twins physical address (country) change . once i reach there... is this a good decision? will my twins get Ohip , any idea? plz & thx.
Hey.. I know its extremely hard waiting for an unknown amount of time.. believe me I know.. I would recommend that ur husband since he is here in Canada call the IRCC and ask them if it is possible to change the address at this stage.. they will inform him and you can then make travel plans... Congrats on the TRV :)

Reactions: chinusha21

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
I am in a similar situation except I have applied for Visitor Visa..Can you please tell me when did you apply for Visitor visa and when it was approved? I have applied in July and didn't hear anything so far on it..

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Regarding OHIP.. your kid is eligible to apply when u arrive.. here's a link.. you just have to prove that he is in process of getting PR..

https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card#section-0

Good luck :)

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I am in a similar situation except I have applied for Visitor Visa..Can you please tell me when did you apply for Visitor visa and when it was approved? I have applied in July and didn't hear anything so far on it..
Hi,
I had applied for my twins TRV on 27th Dec 2019 & got medical request on 3rd Jan 2020 & had got TRV stamp on 24th Jan 2020. I didnt fly then as was waiting for my mother-in-Laws’ TRV & i regret it... We submitted her TRV application on 2nd March 2020, got her medical done on 13th March 2020 & on 25th March 2020 covid lockdown started in India.. she got her TRV on 14th July 2020...

Reactions: Bindanzic

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
Hi,
I had applied for my twins TRV on 27th Dec 2019 & got medical request on 3rd Jan 2020 & had got TRV stamp on 24th Jan 2020. I didnt fly then as was waiting for my mother-in-Laws’ TRV & i regret it... We submitted her TRV application on 2nd March 2020, got her medical done on 13th March 2020 & on 25th March 2020 covid lockdown started in India.. she got her TRV on 14th July 2020...
Thank you for the details @chinusha21 . I have applied online application in July and still waiting..not sure if there are processing TRV application while the VAC in India were closed.

kaki77

Feb 11, 2020
(Anyway working at least)
Hope after this ask for ppr which are in line

IRCC is now sending courier instructions to clients who previously received a passport request letter. If you receive this letter via email, follow the instructions to submit the letter with your valid passport. Do not submit your passport without this letter. If you submit your passport without a genuine courier instruction letter, which has a unique client code, your passport will not be processed and will be returned to you at your own expense. VACs remain closed for the health and safety of clients and staff. This 2-way courier service is the first step towards resuming some VAC services in India. More details to come as we monitor the situation

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi has anybody started receiving AORs? I have sent my kid's application this month.
When should we link the application to online account, is it after receiving AOR?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi has anybody started receiving AORs? I have sent my kid's application this month.
When should we link the application to online account, is it after receiving AOR?
April applicant here.. no AOR yet.. just temporary application number and can't link it yet.. any march applicants getting AORs?