+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi, i am in the process of family sponsorship for my child born in India ( but currently in Canada in visitor visa). As part of the application, i am unable to get the Emp letter from my employer as they confirmed they normally dont provide any letters related for immigration purpose.
Is there a alternate option for this .. or has anyone has been in similar situation before.

Hello, how did you get tourist visa for your child? I had applied for my baby but it was refused. What reason did you provide? We both parents are PR holders and are still in India. My husband was supposed to travel but due to flight cancellations he could not yet travel.

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hello, Any in-canada applicants who were able to get OHIP for your dependent child while PR is in progress?

My 19 mo is a US Citizen currently in CA as a visitor (visitor record valid until Feb 2021). His PR is in progress (AOR Jan 2020).

OHIP site says if we produce any one of the below documents from IRCC, he can get OHIP while his PR is in progress.

Do we know at what stage of the PR process, can we get these documents from IRCC?

• Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada
  • IRCC document (e.g. work permit, visitor record, temporary resident permit or study permit), with a note confirming all three of the following. You have:
    1. applied for permanent residence
    2. met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
    3. have not been denied

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Dependent Child - Outland - Updated

Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Done: 26-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Passed: 28-Nov-2019
App transfered: 02-Dec-2019 (NDVO)
PreArrival Services Email: 27-Jul-2020

*** Finally some good news after a long time. Keeping fingers crossed.

Reactions: Sherine K

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi All,

If you get any updates on your applications or those who have sent applications in 2019 - 2020, please post your timelines so that it helps others understand the progress.

Thank you

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
Hello, how did you get tourist visa for your child? I had applied for my baby but it was refused. What reason did you provide? We both parents are PR holders and are still in India. My husband was supposed to travel but due to flight cancellations he could not yet travel.
Did they gave you any reason? when did you apply and after how many days they rejected?

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
My Sponsorship application for my Dependent Child - Outland - Updated

Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Done: 26-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Passed: 28-Nov-2019
App transfered: 02-Dec-2019 (NDVO)
PreArrival Services Email: 27-Jul-2020

*** Finally some good news after a long time. Keeping fingers crossed.
Wow! You guys are very lucky your VO is continuing to work. Manila VO/Philippines sucks. Takes forever.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Wow! You guys are very lucky your VO is continuing to work. Manila VO/Philippines sucks. Takes forever.
Is the Manilla VO not operational? But it has been a long wait for me as well.

I am not sure when the PPR mail will arrive. Some say its takes a few days to weeks to months :( hope its not the worst.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Is the Manilla VO not operational? But it has been a long wait for me as well.

I am not sure when the PPR mail will arrive. Some say its takes a few days to weeks to months :( hope its not the worst.
I don’t know if they’re back to operation. I started ordering gcms notes due to my frustration. Lol

Reactions: tapa.n

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I don’t know if they’re back to operation. I started ordering gcms notes due to my frustration. Lol
Sometimes getting GCMS notes helps you understand the process and progress. But then if offices were closed due to covid, there wont be many updates than you already know

sri987

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
US
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Hello, Any in-canada applicants who were able to get OHIP for your dependent child while PR is in progress?

My 19 mo is a US Citizen currently in CA as a visitor (visitor record valid until Feb 2021). His PR is in progress (AOR Jan 2020).

OHIP site says if we produce any one of the below documents from IRCC, he can get OHIP while his PR is in progress.

Do we know at what stage of the PR process, can we get these documents from IRCC?

• Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:
    • be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
    • state IRCC has confirmed you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada
  • IRCC document (e.g. work permit, visitor record, temporary resident permit or study permit), with a note confirming all three of the following. You have:
    1. applied for permanent residence
    2. met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
    3. have not been denied

Hi Jancy,
Am in the same situation, my Son AOR is Jan 20th,2020. Still no update after file moved to Mississauga. Medicals passed on Feb 21st.
and regarding OHIP card, i have not heard about this, but during pandemic if we have PR approval we do not have to wait 3 months on Ontario which i know. Other than this if you get any info please let us also know. Thanks

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Thank you. I guess we need to keep waiting for ages.

A child who doesnot have any criminal background, dont need interview, dont need biometrics will have his application processed after a year.

Such a shame.
I don't think they will issue any PPR till the flight restrictions are lifted. In case even they issue the visa to us only COPR holder before 18 march are allowed to travel.
They might be processing all the applications and keeping things ready. As soon the flight will be open they will be issuing the PPR.

Reactions: tapa.n

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hey guys, my dependent child's TRV was approved last week and the mail said that New Delhi mission office would be contacting with further instructions. Anybody in the same situation?