+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Hi all, I am new to this thread. My wife is applying for sponsoring her son (my step-son, I am co-signer). The application form 5481e is a bit confusing to us. In page 1, We don't know what we should enter in front of questions 5.A and B as well as 6 A and B. We didn't sponsor anybody before.

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
G

Find the thread here that says How to Link your Application to GC Key. Follow it step by step and you will successfully link your app. That’s what I did.
Hi all, I am new to this thread. My wife is applying for sponsoring her son (my step-son, I am co-signer). The application form 5481e is a bit confusing to us. In page 1, We don't know what we should enter in front of questions 5.A and B as well as 6 A and B. We didn't sponsor anybody before.
I entered 5A as 1 - For my dependent son (also the applicant), the rest of 5.B were 0s (none in progress) that's how we treated it.
For 6 A. and B. - had 1 for wife, and 1 for our older son - Altogether tallying to 4.

This total technically is what matters, You(Sponsor or PA) + how many dependents are on your application.

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
Tried multiple times, no luck connecting my application.. keeps saying not found. Planning to call the immigration office tomorrow.

bobysingh

Oct 26, 2017
Check you ECAS status. In the below link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Permanent Residence Details

>>>> We received your application for permanent residence on October 3, 2019.
>>>> We sent you medical instructions on November 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
>>>> Medical results have been received.
PR Application (Dependent child)
>>>>We received your application for permanent residence on September 10, 2019.
>>>> We sent you medical instructions on November 02, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I receive medical letter on 14 December and i did it on 19 December after that panel physician said me that he send medical sheet to immigration on 22 December.
But I Don’t see any update on my timeline after that.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
PR Application (Dependent child)
>>>>We received your application for permanent residence on September 10, 2019.
>>>> We sent you medical instructions on November 02, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I receive medical letter on 14 December and i did it on 19 December after that panel physician said me that he send medical sheet to immigration on 22 December.
But I Don’t see any update on my timeline after that.
Usually it takes one or two weeks for the medical results to be confirmed and updated

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
I entered 5A as 1 - For my dependent son (also the applicant), the rest of 5.B were 0s (none in progress) that's how we treated it.
For 6 A. and B. - had 1 for wife, and 1 for our older son - Altogether tallying to 4.

This total technically is what matters, You(Sponsor or PA) + how many dependents are on your application.
Thank you so much. what about the names for 5B i, 5B ii, 5B iii, 5B iv? We didn't sponsor anybody before (I left these sections blank, just wanted to make sure).

And 6A and 6B, what names I have to write? should I write the applicant's name here too? For 6A I wrote my name, and for 6B I wrote the name of my daughter. I didn't know where I have to write the name of the applicant?

bhavik121083

Jan 11, 2015
hi ,

I am also new on the thread. myself and my wife are pr holder and lived canada for 9 months and living in india since 2 years. we have twins born in India and myself planning to go canada next month. so i am trying to fill the forms right now and sumbit once i will land in Canada.

I have couple of queries which is mention as below

1- Form 5481 -Section 5 to 7- As i will sponsor both my twins, so how many number I supposed to put from 5 to 7. we never sponsored anybody except visitior visa for my in-laws.

2- Form 5604- who supposed to sign

Please suggest.

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
hi ,

I am also new on the thread. myself and my wife are pr holder and lived canada for 9 months and living in india since 2 years. we have twins born in India and myself planning to go canada next month. so i am trying to fill the forms right now and sumbit once i will land in Canada.

1- Form 5481 -Section 5 to 7- As i will sponsor both my twins, so how many number I supposed to put from 5 to 7. we never sponsored anybody except visitior visa for my in-laws.

Please suggest.

I put 0's in those fields - 5

For 6, my wife's FN, LN and Birthdate, One for my son in the dependants section

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
hi ,

Please suggest.
Are you saying that you lived in Canada for 9 months, left to India - had kids and now coming back?

Form 5481 - your total should come to 4, you + wife + 2 kids (Atleast thats what we did, I applied for my second son who was born post PR) currently in Medical request phase.

Form 5604 ? - or did you mean 5406? Irrespective of it the step by step instruction is a pretty good resource to read when you fill. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#5406

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
I have exceeded the try limit, I kept answering no of dependents on the application as 1 when it includes me and should have been 2. Will be trying again in 24 hours.
UPDATE: Connected his profile to my GC key account. As lame as it sounds, the trick that seemed to do it was to use ALL CAPS when filling in the Name field. Sigh.

Reactions: tapa.n

bhavik121083

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks for replay.

I am talking Imm5604- Declaration of non-accompanying Parents/ Guardian for Minors immigrating to canada

As I will be Sponsor both child. That form supposed to signed by my wife or myself at time of sumbission.

jetsongospel

Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for replay.

I am talking Imm5604- Declaration of non-accompanying Parents/ Guardian for Minors immigrating to canada

As I will be Sponsor both child. That form supposed to signed by my wife or myself at time of sumbission.
Ah sorry, dont know much abt that but there is a thread on Canada Visa, give a read and see if it helps.

Last edited: