+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Yes that's what is worrying. But I have applied for TRV and received the same. So hopefully that will help my son to travel when the process happens.
Hi when did you apply for TRV, after sponsorship approval? Is there higher chances to get TRV after sponsorship approval?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi when did you apply for TRV, after sponsorship approval? Is there higher chances to get TRV after sponsorship approval?
I applied TRV long before the sponsorship application since I wanted to bring my family to Canada. Only my dependent child needed the visa.

There is no such thing regarding higher chance after sponsorship application.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I don't know why they are taking so much time for a one year old baby. In few cases it is super fast and for many they haven't even sent it to London office and processed in Canada only.
Waiting since November 28 '2019 for the next update after Medical is cleared. No news yet.

Reactions: priti_ria

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I applied TRV long before the sponsorship application since I wanted to bring my family to Canada. Only my dependent child needed the visa.

There is no such thing regarding higher chance after sponsorship application.
Thanks for the quick response. What is the process to apply TRV for new born baby? Also do we need to show return ticket and how many days before travel we need to apply?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. What is the process to apply TRV for new born baby? Also do we need to show return ticket and how many days before travel we need to apply?
They gave visa for my son till 2021 - multiple entry. So there is no such date requirement. You can apply anytime when you feel the need to travel.

I had not shown any return tickets.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Anyone got any updates on the PR processing for their dependent child. I am still waiting since Nov 28 '2019 for the next update.

naresh78

Jul 28, 2013
Here are timelines for inland application for my daughter
Application received by Cic :Nov 1,2019
AOR Dec 1,2019
Sponsor approved: Dec 5,2019
Medical request : Dec 5
Medical Completed: Dec 6
Medical received: Dec 10
Application forwarded to local passport office: Dec 10
Passport Request: Jan 10,2020
Passport received in Ottawa :Jan 14
COPR Recieved : Jan 21,2020

Reactions: Dasha
Jan 28, 2020
Do we have to provide undertaking for Child pr sponsorship in the PR form which says we will not take social assistance from government for sponsored Child ?What does it mean, whether the child will not be.eleigible for child care benefits , school fee assistanceship and so on.

Jan 28, 2020
Do child PR sponsorship undertaking means that the child is not eligible for any of the child social assistance ort are few exceptions?

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Here is my timeline for my son (5 years old )
I’m the sponsor from Canada .
Transferred to Manila Visa Office - October 2019
Medical Request - January 22, 2020
Medicals done - January 31, 2020

Of course nothing heard yet but.. wanted to join this forum to share and see others experience.

Thanks

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Here are timelines for inland application for my daughter
Application received by Cic :Nov 1,2019
AOR Dec 1,2019
Sponsor approved: Dec 5,2019
Medical request : Dec 5
Medical Completed: Dec 6
Medical received: Dec 10
Application forwarded to local passport office: Dec 10
Passport Request: Jan 10,2020
Passport received in Ottawa :Jan 14
COPR Recieved : Jan 21,2020

Do you mind sharing where your visa office is? Curious of Manila visa office timeline. I know the timeline might vary if different visa office

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Anyone got any updates on the PR processing for their dependent child. I am still waiting since Nov 28 '2019 for the next update.
Is your sponsorship inland or Outland? I live in Canada but sponsoring my child from Philippines. His file is in Manila visa office