+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I am a citizen, my wife is a PR since April. She had a child from a previous relationship in her home country that we are now trying to sponsor.

We do have a couple of issues. Our 2018 income was very low as I had been out of the country for over a decade, but our taxes are current.

The biggest problem is that we were unable to get the form for the child’s father filled out as he is not from either of our countries, and has never acknowledged or supported his child in any manner. We did include a letter of explanation.

The child had a medical done for my wife’s PR application so we included that.

I was able to link the application to GCKey after many attempts and combinations that I can’t recall.

The application was received on Nov. 12, 2019.

We got an email requesting Biometric fees which we paid and sent the receipt of through the webform, which was acknowledged in another email.

Now we wait.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I am a citizen, my wife is a PR since April. She had a child from a previous relationship in her home country that we are now trying to sponsor.

We do have a couple of issues. Our 2018 income was very low as I had been out of the country for over a decade, but our taxes are current.

The biggest problem is that we were unable to get the form for the child’s father filled out as he is not from either of our countries, and has never acknowledged or supported his child in any manner. We did include a letter of explanation.

The child had a medical done for my wife’s PR application so we included that.

I was able to link the application to GCKey after many attempts and combinations that I can’t recall.

The application was received on Nov. 12, 2019.

We got an email requesting Biometric fees which we paid and sent the receipt of through the webform, which was acknowledged in another email.

Now we wait.
You need to be able to track the application online. Post medicals the wait time starts.

All the best

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
You need to be able to track the application online. Post medicals the wait time starts.

All the best
Thanks.

I have the application linked. Also the medical submitted is still valid for a little while longer. It will expire as the application is processed, but I don’t know if it will need to done again.

Biometrics paid for but not requested yet.

Hope to have it all done by next school year but who knows how long it will take.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello, We received a letter from VO today that they need Additional Medical Information Requires. They have said to print out their email and go back to the physician who did the exam but they didn’t tell us what the additional info is about. Has this happened to you before?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hello, We received a letter from VO today that they need Additional Medical Information Requires. They have said to print out their email and go back to the physician who did the exam but they didn’t tell us what the additional info is about. Has this happened to you before?
Usually it is standard tests and the results are reported. Then it is the issue with the Medical Exam center not to provide all information.

I think you should check with them as to what is missing.

Never heard about this scenario. Though I have come across cases where personal details reported were wrong and had to be corrected.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks.

I have the application linked. Also the medical submitted is still valid for a little while longer. It will expire as the application is processed, but I don’t know if it will need to done again.

Hope to have it all done by next school year but who knows how long it will take.
It does depend on the VO

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Usually it is standard tests and the results are reported. Then it is the issue with the Medical Exam center not to provide all information.

I think you should check with them as to what is missing.

Never heard about this scenario. Though I have come across cases where personal details reported were wrong and had to be corrected.
Thank you! I wonder what is missing, getting nervous right now.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks.

What is the VO processing this request?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Happy New Year 2020 everyone.

Hope everyone's dependent sponsorship applications get approved smoothly.

Lets hope for good things this year.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
1) For Additional Proof of relationship to Sponsor:

Can we show them the dependent child's passport last page where it contains Surname (Parent Name), who will be the sponsor.

2) Application package need to be sent to Mississauga or Sydney address for dependent child only sponsorship.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2015
HI,

Me and my family including my wife are Canadian PR with Pakistani nationality. We got PR before our son was born, landed in April 2017 and came back. Our son is born in Saudia (as we live in saudia) in November 2019. We are planning to move to Canada permanently in next 2-3 months (as our RO timeline for default is approaching) and now i am applying for TRV (Visitor visa) so we can bring our child along with us.

Q1: I need info for application for TRV whether i should select less than 6 months or 6 months or more in the application for visa.
Q2: Hopefully, when we reach Canada along with our new child, what will be the procedure for PR application for him and generally it takes how much time?

Hoping for response from experts soon!!!!