+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

faithozzy

Jan 2, 2020
Please I intend to sponsor my spouse’s orphaned nephew in Nigeria, he's 11yrs. I have also done all the necessary paper work back in my home country to confirm my husband and I as his legal guardian. Do I necessarily need to officially do an adoption paper for him again and please gurus in the house do give me a step by step instructions on how to go about it

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
HI,

Me and my family including my wife are Canadian PR with Pakistani nationality. We got PR before our son was born, landed in April 2017 and came back. Our son is born in Saudia (as we live in saudia) in November 2019. We are planning to move to Canada permanently in next 2-3 months (as our RO timeline for default is approaching) and now i am applying for TRV (Visitor visa) so we can bring our child along with us.

Q1: I need info for application for TRV whether i should select less than 6 months or 6 months or more in the application for visa.
Q2: Hopefully, when we reach Canada along with our new child, what will be the procedure for PR application for him and generally it takes how much time?

Hoping for response from experts soon!!!!
Applying PR for new born baby seems will get faster process. 6 months get everything done is possible and you can apply for extension if it's not done after 6 months.
average processing time is about 11 months.

Reactions: tapa.n

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
My one year old child file has been sent to London VO and we got AOR as well although child is in Canada.
How much time London VO takes?
AOR from London says says it should be completed within 6 months from first AOR otherwise we can ask for the status.

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
My one year old child file has been sent to London VO and we got AOR as well although child is in Canada.
AOR from London says says it should be completed within 6 months from first AOR otherwise we can ask for the status.
Background and BM are not required in this case

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
HI,

Me and my family including my wife are Canadian PR with Pakistani nationality. We got PR before our son was born, landed in April 2017 and came back. Our son is born in Saudia (as we live in saudia) in November 2019. We are planning to move to Canada permanently in next 2-3 months (as our RO timeline for default is approaching) and now i am applying for TRV (Visitor visa) so we can bring our child along with us.

Q1: I need info for application for TRV whether i should select less than 6 months or 6 months or more in the application for visa.
Q2: Hopefully, when we reach Canada along with our new child, what will be the procedure for PR application for him and generally it takes how much time?

Hoping for response from experts soon!!!!
A1. Please state less than 6 months. Getting TRV approved is important.
A2. When you reach Canada, start the PR process immediately so that it is completed within the visit time frame. Else you will need to file for extension stay for your child. Usually the timelines are as follows since the day the package gets delivered at Sydney:

1 month to receive Application details
2 more weeks for Sponsorship approval
2 more weeks for Medical request
4 days to approve Medicals and might be instantly sent to VO
VO processing 3 to 5 months depends on VO

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Please I intend to sponsor my spouse’s orphaned nephew in Nigeria, he's 11yrs. I have also done all the necessary paper work back in my home country to confirm my husband and I as his legal guardian. Do I necessarily need to officially do an adoption paper for him again and please gurus in the house do give me a step by step instructions on how to go about it
You can go through the following links to get an idea regarding the process

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadians/adopt-child-abroad/processes/choose-process/immigration/eligibility.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5196-sponsorship-adopted-children-other-relatives-sponsor.html

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=401&top=2

Hope it helps

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Depends on VO but usual time frame is 3 to 5 months. In some cases it has extended beyond 6 months because of VO.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
GC key updated today as Medical Passed for my 9 y/o old sister. How long would it usually take to get PPR after medical is passed?

Reactions: tapa.n

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
has anyone linked the paper application online before recieving aor ? if so please let me know i have been trying but no luck

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019

priti_ria

Nov 1, 2019
h
My Sponsorship application for my Son (Dependent Child) - Outland

Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019

Note: I have started the following Thread Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications for 2019 and 2020.

The purpose is to help others in Canada Visa Forum in the same process understand the current timelines and reduce their anxiety since we are all travelling in the same boat.

Have you heard anything yet after the Medical result?

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Ecas Status PA side change from In Process to Application Received after medical has passed. What does this mean?