Doc's Request.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
16th sep
VISA ISSUED...
23rd January 2016
LANDED..........
13th September 2016
Hello, I am Canadian PR, my son is born in India and I would like to bring him to
Canada. I have applied for Visitor visa but I need to make few changes to imm5257e form. Is it possible to make any such changes to file? Or should I withdraw my current file and file a new one?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
My Sponsorship application for my Dependent Child - Outland - Updated

VO: NDVO (Outland)
Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Done: 26-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Passed: 28-Nov-2019
App transfered: 02-Dec-2019 (NDVO)
PreArrival Services Email: 27-Jul-2020
PPR (Passport Request) Email: 31-Oct-2020
Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: 02-Nov-2020
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa: 04-Nov-2020
CoPR status: Approved, Document created on 16-Nov-2020
ECAS Status: Complete, Became PR through virtual landing IRCC Etobicoke on 17-Nov-2020
Passport sent back from Ottawa: 16-Nov-2020
Passport Delivery: Pending, apparently Canada post has done a sorting error from their end and delayed delivery for the passport. Now expected delivery is for Friday.

Feeling happy but still anxious due to the superb delivery facility of Canada post who are moving my package from one center to another during covid.

Thank you all for your support. Wish you all good luck and pray that you get PR approval soon.
Wow.. you must've been so anxious.. a few days before the medical exam was going to expire you got your virtual landing... so happy for you.. and thanks again for starting this thread.. :)

Reactions: tapa.n

Paling0316

Nov 21, 2020
Hello there,

Need advice please, I am new here.

I have submitted a sponsorhip application for my 2 kids last August. As per Canada post tracking file was delivered to Sydney NS on Sept 8, 2020 but until now I haven't got any confirmation from CIC that the applications were receive. I tried to send follow up on webform for but their response only mentioned that they have verified the file but it is still not in the system.

I am really worried now as one of my kids is already turning 22 on Feb.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello there,

Need advice please, I am new here.

I have submitted a sponsorhip application for my 2 kids last August. As per Canada post tracking file was delivered to Sydney NS on Sept 8, 2020 but until now I haven't got any confirmation from CIC that the applications were receive. I tried to send follow up on webform for but their response only mentioned that they have verified the file but it is still not in the system.

I am really worried now as one of my kids is already turning 22 on Feb.
This is normal.. to put your mind at ease that they received the application, call them and ask for the temporary application number and confirm with them the date that they received the application.. A lot of people haven't received AOR yet.. we are all in the same boat.. it took them months before I got an AOR for my son's application but they confirmed that they received it on the day it was delivered.. and when I linked the application it showed that the date submitted was the date they received it not AOR date.. So I would advise you to call them and confirm that they received the application on that date and to ask for the temporary application number as well..

Hope this helps :)

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Done: 26-Nov-2019
Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: 02-Nov-2020
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa: 04-Nov-2020
ECAS Status: Complete, Became PR through virtual landing IRCC Etobicoke on 17-Nov-2020
Passport Delivery: Pending, apparently Canada post has done a sorting error from their end and delayed delivery for the passport. Now expected delivery is for Friday.

Feeling happy but still anxious due to the superb delivery facility of Canada post who are moving my package from one center to another during covid.

Thank you all for your support. Wish you all good luck and pray that you get PR approval soon.
Congratulations, worth the long wait. Thank you so much for starting this thread :) it is really helpful as it shows we are not alone in this whole long process.

Paling0316

Nov 21, 2020
This is normal.. to put your mind at ease that they received the application, call them and ask for the temporary application number and confirm with them the date that they received the application.. A lot of people haven't received AOR yet.. we are all in the same boat.. it took them months before I got an AOR for my son's application but they confirmed that they received it on the day it was delivered.. and when I linked the application it showed that the date submitted was the date they received it not AOR date.. So I would advise you to call them and confirm that they received the application on that date and to ask for the temporary application number as well..

Thanks that gives me a bit of hope... will try call them too... :)

Thank you DFARGHALY88,

That gives me a bit of hope. How did u confirmed they receive your application tho? Just by calling them? Sorry for asking too much really had hard to connect with them, so I used the webform and they didn't even confirm they receive my applications.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks that gives me a bit of hope... will try call them too... :)

Thank you DFARGHALY88,

That gives me a bit of hope. How did u confirmed they receive your application tho? Just by calling them? Sorry for asking too much really had hard to connect with them, so I used the webform and they didn't even confirm they receive my applications.
Yes.. I received the same response through the webform for months.. I could only confirm over the phone and got the temporary application number over the phone as well.. I know its frustrating.. I was losing my mind for months until they sent me the AOR.. so I understand completely.. all of us here are as anxious and nervous as u.. so don't worry about it :)

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi All,

We came over to Canada in Sep this year and I submitted the PR sponsorship for my child by the end of Sep2020. He has US passport so i didn't get Visa for him. Does anyone know:

1. How much approx time it may take to hear back from IRCC whether they accepted the file.
2. How much approx time it may take from acceptance till getting the PR status.
3. How and when to extend his stay. I am assuming he was able to enter Canada without a visa but can not stay forever without one.

Thanks in advance.
I have an exact same scenario like you...son is US born...came to Canada in mid September...
Border Officer just put an entry stamp on US passport..

did the border officer gave you a Visitor Record ?

I tried calling CIC many times but line is always busy..
so finally i have raised a webform and waiting for the reply...

US citizen can only stay for 6 months..you need to apply extension of stay online 1 month before the 6 month max stay limit...

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
My daughter is also US citizen and we entered Canada mid April. Submitted PR application around mid June and haven’t got AOR yet. I was able to get a temp number though after speaking with an agent.

As for extending stay, you have to submit application for extension online. We did that around mid June and got an extension approval within 2 months. Make sure you do this at least a month before initial 6month period.
does the US citizen needs a Visitor Record to stay in Canada ? as Border Officer did not gave me....he asked me to apply online...
but then i applied his PR application..

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thank you @DFARGHALY88 and @Kothai :)

I want to thank everyone who have been supporting by providing information on this thread. In this long and frustrating journey, every bit of information shared will always help all of us.

I am sure there are many others who follow the thread silently. Request them to share information about their process.

Wish everyone good luck and hope all the approvals come in soon.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019

ECAS Status: Complete, Became PR through virtual landing IRCC Etobicoke on 16-Nov-2020
Passport Delivery: 20-Nov-2020 *** finally done by Canada post *****
Applied for PR card: 21-Nov-2020

** Received CoPR letter through email. Sent the letter copy and PR card photo to the mentioned address.
Yet to link the application to track status of the PR card application.