+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
So i got email for just one of the twins yesterday...

Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit***

Dear ANSH :

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us
immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-
ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent
resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you
receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it
along with one photo that meets our
photo specifications to the address listed above. Please
ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo.
You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us
with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation.
Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’
guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in
Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or
a federal/provincial/territorial identity document.The permanent resident card is Required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our
website for
more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides
access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to
use this number.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

SO I DONT SEE ANY PASSPORT REQUEST OR VIRTUAL
LANDING MENTION here. WHAT TO DO NOW??
MY TWINS ARE WITH ME IN CANADA already on their visitor visa since 17th Nov 2020. Thanks

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other

Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit***

Dear ANSH :

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us
immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent
resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it
ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo.
You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation.
Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’
guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in
Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or
a federal/provincial/territorial identity document.The permanent resident card is Required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our
website for
more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides
access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to
use this number.

Sincerely,

MY TWINS ARE WITH ME IN CANADA already on their visitor visa since 17th Nov 2020. Thanks
Congrats.. That seems to be the virtual landing.. so happy for u

Reactions: chinusha21

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Reading about people getting PPR and other approvals gave me lots of encouragement.
I just started filling the application for my daughter who is in Canada with us on visitor record. She was born in USA.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask some questions on how to fill the application. If there is a separate forum for it please guide me to it. Meanwhile I will post my queries here regarding IMM008 Generic Application
- Question 3 How many family members.... application? I am putting 1 as my answer as it is only my daughter we are sponsoring. Me and my wife both have PR. Please let me know if it is the correct answer.
- At the bottom of the form I have clicked the button REMOVED DEPENDENT. Thinking that no one is dependent on our daughter.

thanks in advance

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Reading about people getting PPR and other approvals gave me lots of encouragement.
I just started filling the application for my daughter who is in Canada with us on visitor record. She was born in USA.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask some questions on how to fill the application. If there is a separate forum for it please guide me to it. Meanwhile I will post my queries here regarding IMM008 Generic Application
- Question 3 How many family members.... application? I am putting 1 as my answer as it is only my daughter we are sponsoring. Me and my wife both have PR. Please let me know if it is the correct answer.
- At the bottom of the form I have clicked the button REMOVED DEPENDENT. Thinking that no one is dependent on our daughter.

thanks in advance
Hi
Just responding to your 2 questions

The number of family members should be 1 since your daughter is the principal applicant in this application with no dependents. So You're right to uncheck/Remove the dependents tab on Form IMM 008.
Good luck

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019

Dear ANSH :

website for
more information.

use this number.

Sincerely,

Congratulations @chinusha21 :)

Reactions: chinusha21

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Sponsorship application for my Dependent Child - Outland - Updated

VO: NDVO (Outland)
Date Received at Office: 3-Oct-2019
AOR Received: 6-Nov-2019
Sponsorship Approval Mail: 21-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Request: 22-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Done: 26-Nov-2019
Medical Exam Passed: 28-Nov-2019
App transfered: 02-Dec-2019 (NDVO)
PreArrival Services Email: 27-Jul-2020
PPR (Passport Request) Email: 31-Oct-2020
Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: 02-Nov-2020
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa: 04-Nov-2020
CoPR status: Approved, Document created on 16-Nov-2020
ECAS Status: Complete, Became PR through virtual landing IRCC Etobicoke on 17-Nov-2020
Passport sent back from Ottawa: 16-Nov-2020
Passport Delivery: Pending, apparently Canada post has done a sorting error from their end and delayed delivery for the passport. Now expected delivery is for Friday.

Feeling happy but still anxious due to the superb delivery facility of Canada post who are moving my package from one center to another during covid.

Thank you all for your support. Wish you all good luck and pray that you get PR approval soon.
Tapa N. Im happy for you!!!! Congratulations!

Reactions: tapa.n

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asking for a friend. I hope someone here can help us out. A close friend of mine has 3 dependents, all of them are minor and are trying to come to Canada. They had their medicals done last January 2020, one child had to retake his medical but had to wait due to Covid. In short, he had completed his medical last October 2020. My friend got an email last December 3, for a passport request. It has the name of the child who had done his medical recently but not the other 2 kids.
My questions are: - Are we expecting 3 passport request emails or this one will do for all 3 kids
- Is the passport request process the same for 1 dependent vs multiple? I just got my daughter here last October but I don't remember having to go to Vfsglobal for passport request. I included the copy of the email recieved for easy reference. I hope someone could help us out.

Date: December 3, 2020

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.
If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
STEP 1: CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, cohabitation, divorce, separation, annulment or death of spouse or common-law partner;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse/common-law partner, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health, including pregnancy;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence;
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform our office of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
STEP 2: PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).
If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
  • Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
  • Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
  • All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
  • Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
  • Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.
  • IMPORTANT: If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country before becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding your flight back to Canada. Here’s how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp.
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. Completed and signed Appendix B form (enclosed).
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
How and Where to Submit your Passport(s)/Photocopy(ies) of Passport(s) and required documents
1. If you are residing outside Canada – thru a Visa Application Centre (VAC)

Please note that you are required to pay a VAC service charge when submitting your passport and/or required documents.
Find more information on VAC service fees and locating a VAC near your area at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/.

WARNING: WE DO NOT ACCEPT PASSPORTS AND DOCUMENTS COURIERED TO OUR OFFICE NOR DO WE SEND VISA PACKAGES BY COURIER.
2. If you are residing in Canada – please contact our office for next steps: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
The issuance of your visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Residence form(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or if applicable, photocopy(ies) of passport(s) when requested. Failure to comply within the given timeframe may lead to the refusal of your application.
We will make our best efforts to have your passport(s) returned to you with your permanent residence visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form(s) within 90 working days from their receipt. You should not make any plans to travel to Canada until you are in possession of your immigration documentation.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sending this again as my first comment was too long... lol! For applications with 2 or more applicants, do you get 1 or multiple passport request for each person? Thank you in advance :)

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014

Dear ANSH :

website for
more information.

use this number.

Sincerely,

First of all, congratulations!!!

You should just sent one photo for your kid's PR card. That's it!

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi all,

Kindly help with the below questions:

1. Is it necessary for spouse to co-sign in sponsorship application for child ?
2. My spouse may have to leave the country for work while our child's PR application is in process. Is this permitted if they are co-signer?
3. Does having a co-signer have any impact for financial evaluation even if it is for dependent child ?
Hi all,
Would really appreciate any help if someone can respond. Thanks.

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Hi All,

I Received Medical request for my son on Friday(4-Dec-2020) and got it completed from my end on 7th Dec 2020.
And got an update that file is transferred to NDVO. It also stated that the sponsorer meets the eligibility criteria.

Any idea how much time its taking ahead of this stage?
Hoping to see some movement soon.