+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hi, I had applied for TRV before applying Sponsorship and brought her in Feb 2020, in the airport we got stamp to stay for 6 months. I submitted the Sponsorship application on March 2020 and didn't hear from them until last week.I had applied for her Visitor Extension via Online Application in June 2020 but they haven't started processing yet.
i am in a situation here... my twins (born in India) PR is in process & i just brought them here to Canada on TRV. Border office didnot put any stamp on their passport!!! and he didnot even put any stamp on my mom(supervisa)s Indian passport or my mother-in-laws’ (visitor visa holder) Indian passport:(

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I had called CIC today.

Got to know that sometime in october the file is marked to have all required documents.
I haven't yet got an AOR though. Dont know how long it is going to take further.

We had also applied for TRV last month - it was an online application. No update on that too.

Any idea how long is TRV processing taking these days? The cic website says 238 days.. :( I dont want to believe this..

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
I had called CIC today.

Got to know that sometime in october the file is marked to have all required documents.
I haven't yet got an AOR though. Dont know how long it is going to take further.

We had also applied for TRV last month - it was an online application. No update on that too.

Any idea how long is TRV processing taking these days? The cic website says 238 days.. :( I dont want to believe this..
I am also in a similar state...didn't get AOR yet.. I have applied TRV in July from India ..till now didn't hear anything about it..

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
I had called CIC today.

What number did you call to get info that the application is received ?

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
Did any one got PPR for dependent child, for outland application specially of india. From NDVO, physical location INDIA.
As enquiry have got the response that you not meet criteria for travel exemption.

JohnAntony88

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Did any one got PPR for dependent child, for outland application specially of india. From NDVO, physical location INDIA.
As enquiry have got the response that you not meet criteria for travel exemption.
Where did you get that information from? We got our childs PR approved on the 31st and awaiting the stamped passport .

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
What number did you call to get info that the application is received ?
I am also looking for a number or email ID to enquire from....I mailed my Son's PR application by the end of Sep this year and haven't heard back anything so far.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi All,

We came over to Canada in Sep this year and I submitted the PR sponsorship for my child by the end of Sep2020. He has US passport so i didn't get Visa for him. Does anyone know:

1. How much approx time it may take to hear back from IRCC whether they accepted the file.
2. How much approx time it may take from acceptance till getting the PR status.
3. How and when to extend his stay. I am assuming he was able to enter Canada without a visa but can not stay forever without one.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: cecict

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I am also looking for a number or email ID to enquire from....I mailed my Son's PR application by the end of Sep this year and haven't heard back anything so far.
+1 888-242-2100 Option 2-1-0 you can ask them if they also finished a completeness check on the application.. And can also get a temporary application number, starting with XF000XXXXXX.. Which will become the permanent application number without the X (F000XXXXXX)...

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
+1 888-242-2100 Option 2-1-0 you can ask them if they also finished a completeness check on the application.. And can also get a temporary application number, starting with XF000XXXXXX.. Which will become the permanent application number without the X (F000XXXXXX)...
Thanks for the info. I appreciate. And for my understanding, we can attach this application to our online account with this temporary application number? I tried it just now (without any application# for client#) but got a response saying "unable to find this application".

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hi All,

We came over to Canada in Sep this year and I submitted the PR sponsorship for my child by the end of Sep2020. He has US passport so i didn't get Visa for him. Does anyone know:

1. How much approx time it may take to hear back from IRCC whether they accepted the file.
3. How and when to extend his stay. I am assuming he was able to enter Canada without a visa but can not stay forever without one.

Thanks in advance.
My daughter is also US citizen and we entered Canada mid April. Submitted PR application around mid June and haven’t got AOR yet. I was able to get a temp number though after speaking with an agent.

As for extending stay, you have to submit application for extension online. We did that around mid June and got an extension approval within 2 months. Make sure you do this at least a month before initial 6month period.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
1. Its really hard to say how long it will take.. I sent in the application on April 17th and got an Acknowledgement of Receipt email on October 27th. But they forwarded the application to the visa office for further processing the next day.. there are also some from May who are still waiting so its difficult to say.
2. Approximately a year from when they received the complete application.. Some got it earlier.. it depends and during this time it is also hard to say..
3. Your child can stay for up to 6 months... 30 days before his/her stay expires (approximately 5 months from arrival or before) you can apply for a visitor record (extension of his/her stay) online..

Wish I could be of more help but at this time there is no normal timeframe for application processing when it comes to sponsorship.. Best of luck :)

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks for the info. I appreciate. And for my understanding, we can attach this application to our online account with this temporary application number? I tried it just now (without any application# for client#) but got a response saying "unable to find this application".
Once the application is in their system as complete you can link it.. I wasn't able to link it before receiving the AOR and kept on trying for a month after getting the temp number.. After I got the AOR I was able to link it and also it showed on ECAS a day before I received the AOR..