+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

adelaid

Aug 12, 2020
I havent received AOR yet, with my Payment receipt and communication information to IRCC asking for update, provided as proof for OHIP, it took 1month time for processing and received the card later without photo.
@sat_cse28, thx for your reply! It's interesting as OHIP was denied for my daughter (submitted my OHIP request in the middle of April 2020 and received a denial on June 1, 2020). Our PR application was received on July 22, 2019 at Sidney, NS and I have AOR2 from London VO back from January 2020 (but no Pre-arrival letter yet though). I emailed my OHIP request to the same email address as yours and they denied it on the basis that the eligibility criteria for PA not determined yet, e.g. no Pre-arrival letter yet.
@sat_cse28, pls would you answer the below questions:
1. as per your signature, you're PR right? not a person on a work Permit who had been working for more than 6 months before applying for OHIP?
2. has OERC requested any additional documents related to the OHIP eligibility proof?
3. is there anything specific you might think of that influenced the positive decision in your case pls? maybe there's a specific person I should talk at OERC etc? :)

Last edited:

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Done with sponsorship approval and medicals file transferred to NDVO March 2020 since no movement I applied TRV
It looks like they are not releasing PPR and further due to ongoing Covid related restrictions.

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada
IRCC
@CitImmCanada
·
21h

Reminder: You cannot travel from inside Canada to apply for a visa or permit at a port of entry. You also cannot travel from inside Canada to a port of entry to provide biometrics in support of an application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@sat_cse28, thx for your reply! It's interesting as OHIP was denied for my daughter (submitted my OHIP request in the middle of April 2020 and received a denial on June 1, 2020). Our PR application was received on July 22, 2019 at Sidney, NS and I have AOR2 from London VO back from January 2020 (but no Pre-arrival letter yet though). I emailed my OHIP request to the same email address as yours and they denied it on the basis that the eligibility criteria for PA not determined yet, e.g. no Pre-arrival letter yet.
1. as per your signature, you're PR right? not a person on a work Permit who had been working for more than 6 months before applying for OHIP?
2. has OERC requested any additional documents related to the OHIP eligibility proof?
3. is there anything specific you might think of that influenced the positive decision in your case pls? maybe there's a specific person I should talk at OERC etc? :)
Children aren't usually granted OHIP until they are PRs. Someone must have made a mistake granting OHIP without even AOR.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Children aren't usually granted OHIP until they are PRs. Someone must have made a mistake granting OHIP without even AOR.

This is what OERC communicate when you send a mail

Your e-mail has been received by the Ministry of Health’s OHIP Eligibility Review Committee (OERC)

All incoming correspondence to the OERC is reviewed upon receipt. If you do not receive a reply to your e-mail within the next 2 business days, you have provided enough information for our office to open a review of your OHIP eligibility.

How long will it take until I have a decision from the OERC? All reviews are completed in order of date received unless your medical circumstances require an expedited review. At this time, our office is reviewing files that were received approximately 5 weeks ago.

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
It might be the case but aren't COPR valid for atleast a year. Anyone getting COPR from August onwards will have time till next year. By delaying they might again ask for Medicals to be done. Which is another major issue considering the condition of hospitals and clinics.

What about children who are on TRV in Canada and cant go back to their home country due to restrictions. Why is their COPR kept on hold. They will anyways have to be in Canada for a while till things improve.

Is processing of Children PR as complex as that of Spouse PR or other Regular PRs.
We are also waiting for our child and it has been more than a year now. Don't know why child PRs are taking long time

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well. I'm also awaiting for my child's papers. Her medical was done last January 22; I have not received any updates since then. I know most of us are on the same boat, hopeful, frustrated, and just wanted to be with our loved ones, especially in these hard times. I don't want to cause panic, but I want to ask if anyone here has heard that CIC won't start processing papers until next year, 2021. This is stressing me out even more; I just need to know what to expect from now on.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, did you receive any update?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I applied for my 14 months old son PR sponsorship on 30th March 2020. It was an inland physical application. There has been no communication since then, I am still waiting for AOR. When I try to link the application or check for status online, it says no application found with given details. Should I raise a webform request to check the status
Hey.. I am on the same boat but I applied for my 6 month old son on April 17th. Still no AOR.. Have u received any updates yet?

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everybody, for child sponsorship is there any minimum income or savings that we need to show without a job? Any idea on how they assess the sponsorship application?

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Hi , I am planning to prepare package for child sponsorship and i have couple of question if someone could please help

- I understand this is paper-based application and does it need to be sent to CPC sydney.
- Do i need to send photos only for my child or child's parent as well ?
- Any idea how long does the process takes (online shows 11 months)
- Can i apply for OHIP (we are in Canada already) for my child while PR is in progress ? if yes then at what stage ?

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
1. Yes, am a PR.
2. Yes, they requested for PR application status, for which have provided with the communication email from IRCC raised through webform, Address Proof for Child and Visitor visa extension application details.
3. I think, both Parents are here and Child is with them and they might need support in this COVID-19 situation.

Last edited:

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
I think its an exception now due to COVID-19 and am not sure if its granted by mistake but there are people who had got approved.