+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Roosterific

Aug 10, 2020
can you please help explain why it should be 2? i am preparing the form and the same confusion even i am having. Me and my wife is PR and sponsoring child.

down below within that form it says "you spouse or common-law partner if not listed on the generic Application form for Canada" so i am confused.
I haven’t submit my application yet. My answer to that question is 2 because me and my son that im sponsoring. Then the #4 has a number 1 already when i add up its 3. Im also confused. Please help. Thanks

kaki77

Feb 11, 2020
Got pre-arrival mail on aug 12
What is next? No ppr request till that
Anyone has ppr request of June, July August getting pre-arrival mail ? It will be helpful

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think its an exception now due to COVID-19 and am not sure if its granted by mistake but there are people who had got approved.
Perhaps but don't think so still think someone made a mistake or there has been a policy change recently. Everyone in Ontario, even visitors, have access to covid testing and treatment without an OHIP card. People don't have acess to all medical treatments. Many doctors aren't open in person anyways. People should apply and see what happens. Ther isn't any harm in doing so.

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Sorry what form is that? Also read the guide that might help.
form imm5481e

4) yourself 1 (me sponsoring my child - i have PR)
5a) Current Undertaking 1 ( child being sponsored)
6a) your spouse 1 ( my wife - she also has PR)
total = 3 is that correct ?

I see lot of people saying total should be 2 and i am confused why ? guide is not helping either.

Can someone please help ?

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
form imm5481e

6a) your spouse 1 ( my wife - she also has PR)
total = 3 is that correct ?

I see lot of people saying total should be 2 and i am confused why ? guide is not helping either.

Can someone please help ?
This is what we go with as a Sponsor.

Any specific reason why you are adding your spouse in this undertaking? Did you sponsor your spouse.

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
This is what we go with as a Sponsor.

Any specific reason why you are adding your spouse in this undertaking? Did you sponsor your spouse.
No, i am not sponsoring my wife - the only reason i am adding 6a) count because it says :

Your Spouse or Common-law partner if not listed on the Generic Application form for Canada (IMM 008) in the box #3 under section Application details:

Since she is not in that application (this Application being for my child only) - i was adding her here. But i am confused if she should be counted in 6a) ?

Can someone guide ?

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
OMG. I got decision made today on ecas but nothing on gckey. It makes me nervouse though as we havent received anything in the email, could it be rejected or approved?

• Love
Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG. I got decision made today on ecas but nothing on gckey. It makes me nervouse though as we havent received anything in the email, could it be rejected or approved?
Hi Codepink!
I'm happy you finally got an update. Do you mind telling us your timeline, just to give us a little reference?

Thanks in advance

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hi Codepink!
I'm happy you finally got an update. Do you mind telling us your timeline, just to give us a little reference?

Thanks in advance
App Sent: Nov 15, 2019
AOR: Dec 3, 2019
Transfer to MVO: Dec 30, 2019
AOR2: Jan 14, 2020

Not too sure if they will issue PPR sooner because of covid.

• Love
Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I got DM today! I'm wondering if anyone else here got an update recently. And what's next after this?

Thanks in advance!

• Love
Reactions: codepink