+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys!
Thanks so much for this thread. I have been reading all the inputs from people and they have been super helpful.
I just started the application to sponsor my infant son as he was born outside of Canada and my husband and I are permanent residents.
The application was received at the Sydney Office on April 17th. Still waiting for the AOR. wish me luck and thank you so much to whoever started the thread. Filling out the forms and gathering the documents was a breeze because of all you guys.
All the best :)

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks tried but still unsuccessful. I guess maybe it's too soon. It's only been 10 days since they received the application. I'll try again tomorrow since I exceeded the number of attempts for today.
You need to have the AOR (Application of Receipt) number. Have you got that mail.

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I had tried many times with different letters etc to link mine...eventually I got through when I change the number of person listed on application....I was putting one thinking it was my child alone since I was sponsoring her, the answer was two me and her....check that part and see. Hope it helps
There are details on how to link your paper application online after you get the AOR mail from IRCC. Please check the older pages.

manvin

Jun 15, 2015
Washington DC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
13-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
hello everyone
Here are timelines for inland application for my 3 yr old US born daughter.
Application received by Cic: Dec 24,2019
Sponsor approved: January 28,2020
Medical request : Jan 28, 2020
Medical completed: Jan 29, 2020
Medical passed: Jan 31, 2020
Application forwarded to Mississuaga: Feb 3, 2020
Waiting for the next communication from them! Hopefully everything goes well :cool:
Still no update from them. I guess current situation is making things slow.

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
For Inland application, how do we get AOR, is it through physical mail or do we receive an email.

I applied for my son on 27th March but still have not received any communication yet

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
AOR is by email it takes 3-5 weeks generally but due to pandemic delays might occur
For Inland application, how do we get AOR, is it through physical mail or do we receive an email.

I applied for my son on 27th March but still have not received any communication yet

Reactions: ankurrana

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hi Guys... I need to start with child sponsorship application.. can anyone let me know the documents required for it ? Also, I beleive this is paper based application, pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017

Applied feb. 20, not received any thing yet. The package was delivered on Feb 24. I communicated with them through webform, I was told my application is not in their system yet. Inland applicant. Update me please if you got any update from them.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Applied feb. 20, not received any thing yet. The package was delivered on Feb 24. I communicated with them through webform, I was told my application is not in their system yet. Inland applicant. Update me please if you got any update from them.
I have sent my application to them and it got delivered on March 16th. I checked with them through webform and mentioned the same that the application is not in the system yet. Let me know, if you got any update. Thanks.

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
This means that they have not yet started working on your application..I have not yet received any communication,will raise a webform and update if there is anything positive

Last edited:

kimber123

May 8, 2019
Hi , anybody applied for there dependent child Outland . I sent in my daughters application, and it was received April 6 . I called IRCC but it’s not in the system as yet .