+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

third draw - cut off 808!

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Agreed nuno and fkl, the first few runs appear to be a test of the new system (and it seems to have thrown a lot of bugs up already judging by the software problems people are having). Let's just hope they hurry up as the delays are negatively affecting a lot of people's lives

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not a matter of "if", its a matter of "when" people like me (without LMAI/PNP) will get their ITAs. This gives us time to collect all the paper work necessary for the final application. So that when the ITA is thrown out, we will be all ready to submit everything. Then onto the 6 month processing period that we are promised. We have or we will invest too much time, energy and $$ into the Canadian economy for the government to neglect us. Let us be patient and see how it all unfolds

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
Panka79 said:
I was very upset and angry with myself as I had the invitation from the 2nd round in myCIC, when I was trying to open it and instead of that I deleted it. So when they told me (after 11 days of being directed from one place to the other "-email tecnical issues, -no phone gckey, -talk to imm office,- why are you phoning us its technical issues question") I got told I cant get back my account and I lost my invitation, ("Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. We verified the information you provided. Please note that it is not possible to link an Express Entry application to your new MyCIC account. If you are not able to login your first MyCIC account, you may submit a new application. Please note that you will have to meet the Express Entry requirements in place at that time".)
I made right away a new profile, did again an Expression of interest and got selected again (CEC 834). So everyone chin up THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE (even for blondies like me :D) !! and the cut off point is going down every time ;)
Congratus bud.
Last time, I found it was funny but hey it can happen to anyone. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure it will help people in future. Good luck

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So when are the people with 450+ without a job offer/pnp will get a chance ? (this category of people are qualified or well experienced)

Unfortunately we do not fall under CEC but just FSW.

Do we have to wait till end of the year?

CIC is taking everyone between a certain cutoff (808-819) or do they use any other filter too?

Meaning were there only 779 people (applicants) who had over 889 points in the first draw ?

Also I didn't know they were going to have a specific CEC draw? Maybe they are trying to dodge a lawsuit after what they did to the CEC class. They kept accepting applications when the 8000 cap went over in October and CIC did not make any press announcement up until beginning of this year?

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuno1313 said:
Hey folks.. Call me a hopeless fool, but I strongly believe that CIC is drawing a less than 1000 ITAs so far on purpose just to check the efficiency of the new EE electronic system. Just imagine what would happen if they actually pulled out 2000 profiles for ITAs with the system that still seems to have certain bugs and inefficiencies. Once they have sorted out the system and cleared of any remaining bugs or so, we could actually see draws in the range of 1500 - 2000 (hopefully). Also, there are only so many applicants with valid LMO/PNP. Once they are all out of the way, the CRS cut-off will drop to below 600.

i am in the same boat as many of you out there with a score of 509 and no LMAI. My CEC application was sent back because the max 8000 cap was reached. My WP has expired and I am trying to get an extension on my WP currently. Also, my company is applying to get me a positive LMAI which I know could take up to a few months. Hopefully the points cut-off will drop and i can get an ITA and I would not actually need an LMAI by that point. Hope it works out for every hard working person out there.
Stay hopeful, stay persistent.
1. how can one renew the expired WP? there is no way to renew or extend an expired LMIA expempt work permit. only a valid LMIA expempt work permit can be extended AFTER you get an ITA.

2. so, you are not working cause your WP expired. And it'll take you at least several months to restore your WP in case you get a positive LMIA. your employer is not only ready to go through this costly, time and effort consuming process of LMIA application but is also keeping your position for you for several months??? wow, that's generous. if you don't mind me aksing what's your noc and what kind of company are you working for?

Mazher Ahmed

Jul 17, 2014
My question is that if I make a profile for Express Entry and after that profile if I need to do some change can I do these changes. For Example (if I make a profile with my Ielts score 7, and later on i again gave Ielts Exam and in that Exam I got Ielts score 8, Can I made this change to my express entry profile)PEASE REPLY ME AS I HAVE TO MAKE MY EXPRESS ENTRYPROFILE

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
leights said:
No not yet.. fingers crossed.. I have 919 points so will wait and see and if I don't then something is going on.. lol.. I'm pretty sure I have enough points to receive an invitation.. I guess there is always the next draw if I don't.. I guess there is only 849 applicants permitted as well.. who knows
@leights : Something looks missing here. Why would you not get an invitation with 919 points? I scored 935 points and received invitation on 1st Feb. You might like to check with CIC on what's going on?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
nuno1313 said:
Hey folks.. Call me a hopeless fool, but I strongly believe that CIC is drawing a less than 1000 ITAs so far on purpose just to check the efficiency of the new EE electronic system. Just imagine what would happen if they actually pulled out 2000 profiles for ITAs with the system that still seems to have certain bugs and inefficiencies. Once they have sorted out the system and cleared of any remaining bugs or so, we could actually see draws in the range of 1500 - 2000 (hopefully). Also, there are only so many applicants with valid LMO/PNP. Once they are all out of the way, the CRS cut-off will drop to below 600.

i am in the same boat as many of you out there with a score of 509 and no LMAI. My CEC application was sent back because the max 8000 cap was reached. My WP has expired and I am trying to get an extension on my WP currently. Also, my company is applying to get me a positive LMAI which I know could take up to a few months. Hopefully the points cut-off will drop and i can get an ITA and I would not actually need an LMAI by that point. Hope it works out for every hard working person out there.
Stay hopeful, stay persistent.
You need LMIA anyways , as you said "My WP has expired and I am trying to get an extension " in order to extent your WP , you must need LMIA.

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
carl321 said:
Also I didn't know they were going to have a specific CEC draw? Maybe they are trying to dodge a lawsuit after what they did to the CEC class. They kept accepting applications when the 8000 cap went over in October and CIC did not make any press announcement up until beginning of this year?
I'd be interested to know if there is a lawsuit, this happened to me. I checked the quota specifically before I sent it off and I'm sure it was around 3,500. Then got it back saying the cap had been reached. This whole process has been a total joke, my application got sent back twice for refused payment, why not just call the applicant to find out if something as happened as it did the second time round in my case, when my CC got compromised while they had the forms. I guess it would make too much sense for the government to do something that actually helps the general public, they'd rather just f*ck with our lives and future instead! I'm not holding out much hope of being invited back with a score of 320, guess I better get used to living back in the UK :(

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RickD said:
I'd be interested to know if there is a lawsuit, this happened to me. I checked the quota specifically before I sent it off and I'm sure it was around 3,500. Then got it back saying the cap had been reached. This whole process has been a total joke, my application got sent back twice for refused payment, why not just call the applicant to find out if something as happened as it did the second time round in my case, when my CC got compromised while they had the forms. I guess it would make too much sense for the government to do something that actually helps the general public, they'd rather just f*ck with our lives and future instead! I'm not holding out much hope of being invited back with a score of 320, guess I better get used to living back in the UK :(
Unfortunately I do not have a proper link or a source. Try your best to get a job offer

Good luck mate

but i did find this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/class-action-lawsuit-against-cic-over-lack-of-transparency-re-cec-cap-t269443.0.html

Mazher Ahmed

Jul 17, 2014
dan_and said:
Yes. You can make changes after you submit your profile.
Does that means as long as my profile is not short listed in the bi monthly draw pool.I can make changes in my qualification, Ielts and my work experience and can gain add on points. Can you share some specific link from CIC about this question.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Mazher Ahmed said:
Does that means as long as my profile is not short listed in the bi monthly draw pool.I can make changes in my qualification, Ielts and my work experience and can gain add on points. Can you share some specific link from CIC about this question.
Correct

rvssrajesh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eeuser said:
Hi

I am in the same situation as you. Falling short off 4 points in fsw though meeting all the minimum requirements of eligibility. Is it possible to apply under EE if we secure PNP even if we don't qualify for fsw points criteria?
right now am much bothered in getting a PNP and an alternative try for getting a job offer which raises us to have a try under FSW or reaches us to EE pool which u asked me.. am even planning and attending the french classes from the next month as to learn the language and gain some points under FSW.. the second lang has 4 points which I can gain if possible with the french language.. however in the mean while will give a try for PNP once it's open.. So if I can get required pts with the sec lang and I meet the 67 point criteria by the time the draw scores fall down to 300-400 by the mid-end of the year.. if that doesn't happen will have an alternative of pnp once it's open.. So I guess now some clues are out and might u even try and please don't mind if this all doesn't apply you ...

have a look at the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

D) Summary of points per factor for Express Entry candidates
D. Additional points (maximum 600)
Arranged employment 600
PN nomination 600
A. Core/human capital + B. Spouse or common-law partner factors + C. Transferability factors + D. = Grand total - 1,200

All the best..

rvssrajesh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
k.miteshshah said:
U r talking abt PNP. Can u pls tell me how to apply for PNP. Can you guide me on this.
am really very sorry to tell that I have no much idea about a PNP 2015 as there are no provinces which have opened their regular PNP's yet.. But in general to know about each PNP u may search results on google giving 'PNP canada 2015' where u can find results under EE system..

eeuser

Feb 2, 2015
rvssrajesh said:
right now am much bothered in getting a PNP and an alternative try for getting a job offer which raises us to have a try under FSW or reaches us to EE pool which u asked me.. am even planning and attending the french classes from the next month as to learn the language and gain some points under FSW.. the second lang has 4 points which I can gain if possible with the french language.. however in the mean while will give a try for PNP once it's open.. So if I can get required pts with the sec lang and I meet the 67 point criteria by the time the draw scores fall down to 300-400 by the mid-end of the year.. if that doesn't happen will have an alternative of pnp once it's open.. So I guess now some clues are out and might u even try and please don't mind if this all doesn't apply you ...

have a look at the link:

D) Summary of points per factor for Express Entry candidates
D. Additional points (maximum 600)
Arranged employment 600
PN nomination 600
A. Core/human capital + B. Spouse or common-law partner factors + C. Transferability factors + D. = Grand total - 1,200

All the best..
You are going right my friend. We are stuck in the first leg of entry, which is 67 points. I guess to get into EE pool we need to secure job offer which will push us above 67 points, while pnp on other hand got no points in fsw first grid category, it will be only beneficial after we enter the pool