third draw - cut off 808!

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toben said:
Received ITA
I think it's a good idea to check your email to make sure, some say they got an ITA by mistake and it was cancelled.

noodle_soup

Feb 2, 2015
I wonder if this draw was made specific to CEC so that they can essentially reissue ITAs to previous applicants had who previously received ITAs under FSW "in error"?
I see that there are several people on the forum who are reporting that their previously issued ITAs (under FSW) are now being cancelled by CIC. It may be good to check if these people were invited in the 3rd round.
Of course if this is the case, it makes sense why the cut off didn't go down substantially from the previous draw since basically the same people are being invited. This is just a speculation though.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noodle_soup said:
I wonder if this draw was made specific to CEC so that they can essentially reissue ITAs to previous applicants had who previously received ITAs under FSW "in error"?
I see that there are several people on the forum who are reporting that their previously issued ITAs (under FSW) are now being cancelled by CIC. It may be good to check if these people were invited in the 3rd round.
Of course if this is the case, it makes sense why the cut off didn't go down substantially from the previous draw since basically the same people are being invited. This is just a speculation though.
no it is not a CEC specific draw, the score is too high. those people got their ITAs cancelled cause they are CEC but were mistakenly considered as FSW, as far as I understand.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
^Maybe that is why they deviated from the 779 number this time to compensate for their mistake.

And it is a CEC specific draw. Ministerial instructions specify it. All ITAs in this round are CECs.

noodle_soup

Feb 2, 2015
Hey A.B. 123,

As someone pointed out earlier, the instructions were as follows (emphasis added):

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and

(b) in any other case, zero.

Section 2 of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System is as follows (again, emphasis added):

2. Subsection 10.1(1) of the Act applies in respect of

(a) the federal skilled worker class referred to in subsection 75(1) of the Regulations;
(b) the Canadian experience class referred to in subsection 87.1(1) of the Regulations;
(c) the federal skilled trades class referred to in subsection 87.2(2) of the Regulations; and
(d) members of the provincial nominee class referred to in subsection 87(2) of the Regulations who are nominated by the government of one of the following provinces under its provincial nominee program express entry stream:
(i) Ontario,
(ii) Nova Scotia,
(iii) New Brunswick,
(iv) Manitoba,
(v) British Columbia,
(vi) Prince Edward Island,
(vii) Saskatchewan,
(viii) Alberta,
(ix) Newfoundland and Labrador,
(x) Yukon, and
(xi) Northwest Territories.

Based on the above, my understanding is that this was a CEC specific draw. I agree, the cut off seems quite high, but it is what it is.

Loving Serene

Feb 20, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
^Maybe that is why they deviated from the 779 number this time to compensate for their mistake.
Yea, I think so. The third draw is specifically for CEC so that those who received ITA for applying PR under FSW stream by mistake but can now be invited to the right stream, CEC!. So..it means there are hundreds of CECs got LMIA or PNP..........Hopefully there is another round for CEC again and by then those without LMIA or PNP will have a chance....

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
EEKnowledge said:

And it is a CEC specific draw. Ministerial instructions specify it. All ITAs in this round are CECs.
We may have to start saying that all CECs with LIMA.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noodle_soup said:
Hey A.B. 123,

As someone pointed out earlier, the instructions were as follows (emphasis added):

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 20, 2015 and ending on February 21, 2015 is:

(a) in the case of foreign nationals who are members of the class referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, 849; and

(b) in any other case, zero.

Section 2 of the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System is as follows (again, emphasis added):

2. Subsection 10.1(1) of the Act applies in respect of

(a) the federal skilled worker class referred to in subsection 75(1) of the Regulations;
(b) the Canadian experience class referred to in subsection 87.1(1) of the Regulations;
(c) the federal skilled trades class referred to in subsection 87.2(2) of the Regulations; and
(d) members of the provincial nominee class referred to in subsection 87(2) of the Regulations who are nominated by the government of one of the following provinces under its provincial nominee program express entry stream:
(i) Ontario,
(ii) Nova Scotia,
(iii) New Brunswick,
(iv) Manitoba,
(v) British Columbia,
(vi) Prince Edward Island,
(vii) Saskatchewan,
(viii) Alberta,
(ix) Newfoundland and Labrador,
(x) Yukon, and
(xi) Northwest Territories.

Based on the above, my understanding is that this was a CEC specific draw. I agree, the cut off seems quite high, but it is what it is.
oh, I see, that means all CEC applicants needed LMIA or PNP to get ITA in this round. wow. :(

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
We may have to start saying that all CECs with LIMA.
arghhhhh, why couldn't they inform us about the necessity of LMIA earlier before they launched EE :mad: at least 6 months before. what a painful, stressfull exprience of trying to immigrate to Canada. Terrible, simply terrible. :mad:

candy00

Sep 9, 2013
Yay I got the invitation under Cec and FST. Can I apply into both CEC and FST or do I have to pick one? Thanks everyone. :D