+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

think about this, after you become PR

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ricky.kaushal said:
Hey you all guys ..... Its my sincere request to you guys to stop replying on this thread as it is getting worse and worse. Please we are all here to help each other. Please stop it . And its my humble request to the guy who started it - Please remove this thread .

If you guys are agree please stop it right away :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thank you :) It was fun to watch/read but it got annoying along the way. So please let it be and I hope we all have better things to do with our time.

I think we all agree to disagree. 8) 8)

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
jes_ON said:
For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with the original post or this topic, even if a bit of a tangent - maintaining PR status is obviously relevant to CEC applicants, and the CEC class is just as susceptible to fraud as any other program. I'm more disturbed by the efforts to censor the discussion - this is Canada, freedom of speech is one of many reasons people want to immigrate here, and no one is forcing anyone to participate in this thread. Thank you to those who contributed substantively to the discussion (on this page, AnilGurung, on-hold).

Residence fraud is very much an issue of concern with CIC -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-residence.asp

and in the media and general public -
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/09/canadian-citizenship-to-be-stripped-from-thousands-in-historic-fraud-sweep/

Fraud is not a victimless crime, it hurts us all when it makes it harder and more costly to obtain PR, keep PR, or obtain citizenship. It hurts us all when it turns public opinion against immigrants and immigration. Of course, deciding to leave Canada after obtaining PR status not fraud, and there can be many reasons to leave. But leaving Canada while fabricating false documents as "proof of residence" - that IS fraud, and is indefensible.
it's amazing the turn this thread took. i expected people to come after me with guns blazing, but didn't expect people to want to end this thread. it's as if i chose someone specifically, disclosed their identity, and attacked them personally. typical attitude of some here: we don't like what we're hearing so let's shoot the messenger and end the discussion.

if fact, it was a general, and growing public concern about immigrants in Canada that compelled me to put up this post. over the last year, Canadian public has become increasingly weary of immigrants. a big reason is that everyone believes immigrants come here to exploit the system. and i'm frankly sick of defending myself, and implicitly, other immigrants. it's as if we're constantly on the defensive.

but i do know full well that there are many immigrants who become PRs in bad faith. so, i wanted to share my frustration, and remind people that we all go through signficant stress in obtaining PRs, and in my opinion, applying to get PR knowing IN ADVANCE that you won't reside here permanently is equally as fraudulent as fabricating your application.

what a disappointing responses from some posters wanting to end the thread, in Canada, and reporting it to the moderators as if they're my teachers and i will get expelled from school. juvenile people here.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OHKIDDA said:
it's amazing the turn this thread took. i expected people to come after me with guns blazing, but didn't expect people to want to end this thread. it's as if i chose someone specifically, disclosed their identity, and attacked them personally. typical attitude of some here: we don't like what we're hearing so let's shoot the messenger and end the discussion.

if fact, it was a general, and growing public concern about immigrants in Canada that compelled me to put up this post. over the last year, Canadian public has become increasingly weary of immigrants. a big reason is that everyone believes immigrants come here to exploit the system. and i'm frankly sick of defending myself, and implicitly, other immigrants. it's as if we're constantly on the defensive.

but i do know full well that there are many immigrants who become PRs in bad faith. so, i wanted to share my frustration, and remind people that we all go through signficant stress in obtaining PRs, and in my opinion, applying to get PR knowing IN ADVANCE that you won't reside here permanently is equally as fraudulent as fabricating your application.

what a disappointing responses from some posters wanting to end the thread, in Canada, and reporting it to the moderators as if they're my teachers and i will get expelled from school. juvenile people here.
I disagree. What I'm saying is, that this is leading nowhere. It doesn't help anyone. If this would've been posted
in a different category, then fine, but it's nothing we have to discuss in a CEC forum.
Don't you agree on that?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
And I also wish I could unsubscribe from threads I've posted in. Bloody annoying getting all the updates from
every thread in 'Show new replies to your posts'.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
iam_toby said:
And I also wish I could unsubscribe from threads I've posted in. Bloody annoying getting all the updates from
every thread in 'Show new replies to your posts'.
You can. I think it's in thread tools.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
iam_toby said:
I disagree. What I'm saying is, that this is leading nowhere. It doesn't help anyone. If this would've been posted
in a different category, then fine, but it's nothing we have to discuss in a CEC forum.
Don't you agree on that?
I am a CEC applicant. So naturally, I'm going to post in a subsection that applies to me, and because it's a sub-section that I visit the most. Immigration isn't limited to applications. So, not all of the questions on here have to do with how to obtain birth certificates, or what to do if you don't get a reference letter. There are some issues that are broadly important. If I was an FSW applicant, I would likely have posted it there.

And I disagree that it isn't leading any where. Posters post a question for their own benefit. So, in this case, I posted this to see how people felt, and I'm getting a general sense of it. There are some who responded idiotically and incoherently and wanted the thread to end. If I had said this to these idiots in person, I think they would have beaten me with a stick or sent me to prison for blasphemy. This is Canada; not Afghanistan. I haven't broken any rules of the Forum.
Others, who disagreed with me but did so in a civil manner. Some agreed with me. And other who offered general responses.

It's all valuable. People's opinions are valuable.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OHKIDDA said:
not bad :) how's yours
applied back in march sometime, and will land in a couple of weeks...
That's awesome man! Congrats!!!
You're one lucky man. I'll mail my application in Sept this year. My day's great, finished gathering documents
and stuff today. So I'm basically just waiting to acquire my 12 months of full-time experience.

rboughton

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
What are you wearing?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
lpc19800 said:
Wow
You had to be That Person to stir it all up again.

Your opinion, and everyone else's here, is entirely personal. And you are absolutely entitled to one.
However as previously pointed out, this thread adds zero value to the purpose of this forum::: to share advice and experiences when applying through CEC. This is no offense to anyone posting on this thread but arguments have broken out - people don't even know each other - this is the Internet! So I'm really hoping no more effort goes into this thread and that we can all continue helping and supporting each other in the wonderful way I've come to love about this forum.

Please, everyone, can this thread end here?
u need to relax. I have posted only once in this thread.
When everyone is sharing their opinion but when I do its "that person to stir"?
Pls refrain from posting comments which are personal.