17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
OHKIDDA said:
So how many people who've read it/reading this thread intend to remain in Canada permanently, as in, actually live and work here, barring unexpected visits abroad?
How many are getting their PRs, but really intend to be here just to fill the minimum residency obligations, and enjoy the benefits of free healthcare?

Remember, you're anonymous. So, be honest.

Nice try, CIC officer!

No but seriously, guys, don't answer this. You never know who might be reading this, who might know you, and who might report you for something you say on the internet. You THINK you're anonymous, but a simple cross-search of your username on google can turn up your real name on Youtube or facebook, and bam, anonymity denied!

It's a long shot that whatever you say here might affect your application, but it really is a needless risk.

We are all here to stay permanently :)

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
lpc19800 said:
Wow
You had to be That Person to stir it all up again.

Your opinion, and everyone else's here, is entirely personal. And you are absolutely entitled to one.
However as previously pointed out, this thread adds zero value to the purpose of this forum::: to share advice and experiences when applying through CEC. This is no offense to anyone posting on this thread but arguments have broken out - people don't even know each other - this is the Internet! So I'm really hoping no more effort goes into this thread and that we can all continue helping and supporting each other in the wonderful way I've come to love about this forum.

Please, everyone, can this thread end here?
Define 'value'. To people like you, value means you ask a question and someone answers it for you so that you don't have to do research for yourself. Most of these questions are simple, and can be answered by going to the CIC website. Things like "Is my IELTS score eligible?" or "I am only 10 hours short of the requirement. Am I eligible for CEC?" or "I only have 11.4 months experience. Am I eligible?" or "My job is in NOC C, am I eligible?" Or, "What are the requirements for CEC?" These questions come up every day. All the person has to do is go to the CIC website.

I can argue that these questions should be banned from this forum because they compete with really hard questions and issues that are bothering some applicants. But I don't, because the reality is that some people are lazy, stupid, and entitled and want others to do the work for them.

There are other questions, and issues, that require deeper analysis, critical thinking, and insight from experts or people with experience, like jes_ON and senoritabella, and others. A forum is for THESE types of questions and issues. My topic falls under this category of discussion. If you can't contribute to it, bloody leave.

We are all hopeful immigrants, which means we should empathize and sympathize with eachother. But that doesn't mean we have to tolerate the stupid, deceiving, disingenuous immigrants who have a complete disregard for the values for the very country we are trying to immigrate to. In my views, applying for PR KNOWING that you won't be here permanently makes you a scum and a liar and unethical. And even worse, you clog the system.
I love my home country, but I also love Canada. So I hate people who immigrate only to get the benefits. What is so hard to understand about that?

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
when i get the PR, I'll treasure it a lot. like really alot alot. all that stress and things u had to pray for. Nothing beats that.
Treasure it, savor it, love it, live it.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
AnilGurung said:
when i get the PR, I'll treasure it a lot. like really alot alot. all that stress and things u had to pray for. Nothing beats that.
Treasure it, savor it, love it, live it.
Here's the thing -- I totally agree with this statement, it's true. But for me, being a PR, and hopefully a citizen one day, means several things.

1) a decent job and career
2) a life that is acceptable for myself and my family
3) the ability to stay in touch with our relatives in different countries
4) a place in a stable, functioning society for my child, when they are grown

#4 is different from the first 3 -- and it doesn't expire. So my wife and I will come here and work for several years, build our lives. But if we are never able to get really established, never become completely happy with our the way we live, we will look at ways to combine our Canadian life with the lives we had before. Perhaps we will try to find work in NGOs or other things in Southeast Asia; maybe my wife's worry about her parents getting older will cause us to move back for a few years to take care of them. It's hard to say -- but #4 will always be there. Becoming Canadian is not a grim battle that you must fight or die in -- everyone has a range of options that they came for, and sometimes those stretch into the next generation. Some of them will become Canadians-in-Hong-Kong, or Canadians-in-America, and that's OK, other countries would look on these people as a resource, and a group that will connect Canada to other parts of the world.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
OHKIDDA said:
Define 'value'. To people like you, value means you ask a question and someone answers it for you so that you don't have to do research for yourself. Most of these questions are simple, and can be answered by going to the CIC website. Things like "Is my IELTS score eligible?" or "I am only 10 hours short of the requirement. Am I eligible for CEC?" or "I only have 11.4 months experience. Am I eligible?" or "My job is in NOC C, am I eligible?" Or, "What are the requirements for CEC?" These questions come up every day. All the person has to do is go to the CIC website.

I can argue that these questions should be banned from this forum because they compete with really hard questions and issues that are bothering some applicants. But I don't, because the reality is that some people are lazy, stupid, and entitled and want others to do the work for them.

There are other questions, and issues, that require deeper analysis, critical thinking, and insight from experts or people with experience, like jes_ON and senoritabella, and others. A forum is for THESE types of questions and issues. My topic falls under this category of discussion. If you can't contribute to it, bloody leave.

We are all hopeful immigrants, which means we should empathize and sympathize with eachother. But that doesn't mean we have to tolerate the stupid, deceiving, disingenuous immigrants who have a complete disregard for the values for the very country we are trying to immigrate to. In my views, applying for PR KNOWING that you won't be here permanently makes you a scum and a liar and unethical. And even worse, you clog the system.
I love my home country, but I also love Canada. So I hate people who immigrate only to get the benefits. What is so hard to understand about that?
You're a very angry and rude person. People are not always lazy stupid and entitled and want others to work for them. These requirements are sometimes more complicated and not straight forward or sometimes people just don't understand them or have them confused. You've also proved this by personally attacking me and calling me basically a moron, when you don't even know a single detail about me. Again continue posting in your topic the way you want, but never attack people and call people lazy, idiots, stupid or anything of the sort. You still didn't apologize for your rude behavior which everyone in the thread including ones that were on your side criticized you for. It clearly displays your everyday attitude and how you interact with people.

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Even though I agree to the point that people who has no intention to live in Canada should not apply for PR, I believe this thread is really adding no value other than making offensive comments and personal attacks.

People (including me) who are applying under CEC, most of us have had education in Canada, have worked here and paid tax to the country. Many of us are living in Canada for many years, and accustomed to Canadian culture. We started and built our career here. Some people may be facing difficulty and thinking of going back after getting the PR. I have seen some people who did the same, but they came back after realizing they could not fit in there.

I am voting on the side of closing this thread as well, or at least to move to a different forum.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
orko said:
Even though I agree to the point that people who has no intention to live in Canada should not apply for PR, I believe this thread is really adding no value other than making offensive comments and personal attacks.

People (including me) who are applying under CEC, most of us have had education in Canada, have worked here and paid tax to the country. Many of us are living in Canada for many years, and accustomed to Canadian culture. We started and built our career here. Some people may be facing difficulty and thinking of going back after getting the PR. I have seen some people who did the same, but they came back after realizing they could not fit in there.

I am voting on the side of closing this thread as well, or at least to move to a different forum.
Thank you, perfectly stated and this is what I was trying to get at. But from the get go, I could tell that the OP was coming from an angry place and to belittle people. That applies to the people he accuses of abusing the system, to people replying to him with different opinions. It's funny, he can have an opinion about the system's abuse, but we can't have an opinion on the validity of his thread.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
OHKIDDA said:

u still don't make sense believe it or not. I will keep saying that this particular topic is not meant for this forum

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
ujbaby said:
u still don't make sense believe it or not. I will keep saying that this particular topic is not meant for this forum
It is people like you and kushari repeatedly replying to it because you want to have the "last word" that it is keeping the thread at the top of the forum.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
steveholt said:
It is people like you and kushari repeatedly replying to it because you want to have the "last word" that it is keeping the thread at the top of the forum.
No it's not, it's him attacking people and assuming everyone is evil and if they have a different opinion that they are morons or lazy.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
steveholt said:
And if by "people like you" you mean people that have self worth and won't accept being attacked personally because people can't defend their views without becoming personal Then yeah people like us will keep this stupid thread going until it gets closed like we said it should in the first place.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
For what it's worth, I see nothing wrong with the original post or this topic, even if a bit of a tangent - maintaining PR status is obviously relevant to CEC applicants, and the CEC class is just as susceptible to fraud as any other program. I'm more disturbed by the efforts to censor the discussion - this is Canada, freedom of speech is one of many reasons people want to immigrate here, and no one is forcing anyone to participate in this thread. Thank you to those who contributed substantively to the discussion (on this page, AnilGurung, on-hold).

Residence fraud is very much an issue of concern with CIC -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-residence.asp

and in the media and general public -
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/09/canadian-citizenship-to-be-stripped-from-thousands-in-historic-fraud-sweep/

Fraud is not a victimless crime, it hurts us all when it makes it harder and more costly to obtain PR, keep PR, or obtain citizenship. It hurts us all when it turns public opinion against immigrants and immigration. Of course, deciding to leave Canada after obtaining PR status not fraud, and there can be many reasons to leave. But leaving Canada while fabricating false documents as "proof of residence" - that IS fraud, and is indefensible.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kushari said:
And if by "people like you" you mean people that have self worth and won't accept being attacked personally because people can't defend their views without becoming personal Then yeah people like us will keep this stupid thread going until it gets closed like we said it should in the first place.
Wow.... :eek:

I hate to point this out but you were the one who initiated the bad blood in this thread by wanting to close this topic because you felt it was irrelevant ( See the first page and your comment at 11 am). The OP had not even responded to your comments till then. You made it personal.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hopefulagain said:
Wow.... :eek:

I hate to point this out but you were the one who initiated the bad blood in this thread by wanting to close this topic because you felt it was irrelevant ( See the first page and your comment at 11 am). The OP had not even responded to your comments till then. You made it personal.
That's incorrect. The initial post was the one with bad intent. There was nothing useful and he was accusing people of fraud. Go back and read thoroughly. I replied and said you can accuse people because everyones situation is different. Really? I made it personal? I attacked the thread not him. Go again and read. He insulted my intellectual being and called me names because he couldn't prove what he was saying. You are not reading posts properly.

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
Hey you all guys ..... Its my sincere request to you guys to stop replying on this thread as it is getting worse and worse. Please we are all here to help each other. Please stop it . And its my humble request to the guy who started it - Please remove this thread .

If you guys are agree please stop it right away :) :) :) :) :) :)