+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

think about this, after you become PR

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
I've been reading the "permanent residency obligation" forum for a while and it's full of people just trying to do stay in canada for the minimum time to maintain their PR status. or, full of people who just neglected to maintain this status and are now trying to appeal on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. i don't understand these people. they have no real intention to contribute to Canada; they just want all the benefits, like health care. they spend most of their time abroad, but come over when they're sick. i hate immigrants like this.

remember all the stress you went through to get your PR in the first place. if it meant so much to you to get it, be a decent permanent resident and actually remain in Canada and do some good here.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Woah, you can't just accuse people of things. People are here for different reasons and most want the citizenship so they can travel, and have good treatment wherever they travel. A lot don't come back just for the medical services only. Also on top of that, when you're an immigrant you have to spend lots of money in Canada and that stimulates the economy, no matter why they are here and the government makes sure of that. They aren't stupid, they know what people are doing, and the really shady things they are cracking down on. However the rest they let slide, because it makes them lots of money. After all it's all about the money. Don't think for one second that if these immigrants weren't contributing financially that they would be allowed to be immigrants.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Also you don't know people's cases. Some people make a straight up financial investment with the government for exchange for PR and citizenship. I think it's about $800,000 currently. So like I said, it's all about the money. Which is not a bad thing, everyone benefits from that, so stop complaining, and live your life.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
You'll find those kind of people in every country. Everywhere you look, someones exploiting the system/government. BUT, it's not the
majority. And I think, at least speaking of me, I'm having a hard time filling out applications, gathering documents, reading and re-reading
my forms I'm so gonna cherish my PR once I ( hopefully ) get it.
Having said all that, you live your life, make the best of it!

Cheers

boven2012

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-01-2014
I am not generalising but some people get PR & become Citizens and move to US ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, and some people get PR, become citizen and then leave after a few years. So?!
I'm citizen in a different country and I left, too. I guess that's how things work. You become
PR live here for a few years and then for whatever reason you want to or have to leave.
No big deal, is it?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
iam_toby said:
Yes, and some people get PR, become citizen and then leave after a few years. So?!
I'm citizen in a different country and I left, too. I guess that's how things work. You become
PR live here for a few years and then for whatever reason you want to or have to leave.
No big deal, is it?
That's exactly what I'm saying, who cares? It's not affecting him/her physically or directly so s/he shouldn't care. But people like to complain just because they have nothing better to do, and it becomes habitual, that's what I think is going on here. If it's not affecting your directly, why do you care? Just live your life and do what you want. This thread is useless, provides no valuable discussion and should be closed.

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
why do we need post like this?

It's not that there is a majority doing what the OP says. Besides, thinking on the healthcare it's just short-term thinking. I bet that, regardless where immigrants come from, there are other things people may be missing by not staying for a full year on one country, like high EI instalments (the more you contribute and the more weeks you work as a Canadian worker, the better for EI), or for pension plans = every adult should think about them and see the convenience of keep their contributions stable and up to date.

Traveling between countries and living in 2+ countries during a year it is expensive, so those who can do it I bet are in very high positions or are entrepreneurs, etc., people who I don't see thinking that is just convenient to stay in Canada for healthcare.

So as I say, the number of people who qualify as the one the OP describes, is very, very small...almost sounds like the typical uneducated stereotypes of immigrants that many of us have heard during the years. Why we would tolerate post that only concern a very, very small amount of people? Is like speaking bad of Canadians just cause we may have had bad experiences with some of them.

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
kushari said:
That's exactly what I'm saying, who cares? It's not affecting him/her physically or directly so s/he shouldn't care. But people like to complain just because they have nothing better to do, and it becomes habitual, that's what I think is going on here. If it's not affecting your directly, why do you care? Just live your life and do what you want. This thread is useless, provides no valuable discussion and should be closed.
Lets not throw stones at each other, OP mentioned his opinion, you have the right to agree or disagree. Thats it. We are here to help each other, not to take it too personal. Especially your comment "Just live your life and do what you want", if everyone is doing that, there would be no one in this forum to help each other. By the way am not supporting nor disagreeing OP's comment.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
cec4111 said:
Lets not throw stones at each other, OP mentioned his opinion, you have the right to agree or disagree. Thats it. We are here to help each other, not to take it too personal. Especially your comment "Just live your life and do what you want", if everyone is doing that, there would be no one in this forum to help each other. By the way am not supporting nor disagreeing OP's comment.
All true, but this forum is made for valuable discussion, not what people feel. So if s/he posts his feelings, he will get other people's feelings too. It's funny you're saying not to throw stones, but his post is exactly that. This post doesn't provide anything valuable to discuss so we're saying it should be closed. And like you said, it's people helping each other in here, how does this post help anyone? It's just complaining and theres no need for that here.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
As far as I know, Majority of people who are doing so are the one who are working in US on H1 from many years but there are still in process of getting Green Card. To be on safe side they got Canadian PR somehow but they are still working in US. like most of the IT companies in US paying almost Double as IT companies pay in Canada. Than why would someone work for Half money in Canada.
Just as Backup if in future US government decide not to give them Green Card and not to extend there H1, in that case they will still have Canada as option rather than going back to home countries..
Smart People!!! 8)

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bickyii said:
As far as I know, Majority of people who are doing so are the one who are working in US on H1 from many years but there are still in process of getting Green Card. To be on safe side they got Canadian PR somehow but they are still working in US. like most of the IT companies in US paying almost Double as IT companies pay in Canada. Than why would someone work for Half money in Canada.
Just as Backup if in future US government decide not to give them Green Card and not to extend there H1, in that case they will still have Canada as option rather than going back to home countries..
Smart People!!! 8)
I agree ......... and I know i would have done the same thing.......

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
kushari said:
All true, but this forum is made for valuable discussion, not what people feel. So if s/he posts his feelings, he will get other people's feelings too. It's funny you're saying not to throw stones, but his post is exactly that. This post doesn't provide anything valuable to discuss so we're saying it should be closed. And like you said, it's people helping each other in here, how does this post help anyone? It's just complaining and theres no need for that here.
i felt my opinion was valuable so i offered it; as did you.
i didn't throw stones at any one. i'm just saying that there are people who abuse the system and in they are part of the application queue. like everyone else, i'd rather prefer to get my application approved the fastest possible. as would you. if there are people who apply knowing full well they don't intend to live here permanently, well, then, i hate those people for delaying everyone else. people go through a lot of stress and money to get a PR. so, i'm saying don't be one of those people who just throw it away once you have it. be glad and happy and actually be a worthwhile resident.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
kushari said:
don't said that, advice received from this forum have helped everyone including me and you so u should get it straight

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
OHKIDDA said:
i felt my opinion was valuable so i offered it; as did you.
i didn't throw stones at any one. i'm just saying that there are people who abuse the system and in they are part of the application queue. like everyone else, i'd rather prefer to get my application approved the fastest possible. as would you. if there are people who apply knowing full well they don't intend to live here permanently, well, then, i hate those people for delaying everyone else. people go through a lot of stress and money to get a PR. so, i'm saying don't be one of those people who just throw it away once you have it. be glad and happy and actually be a worthwhile resident.
This is not a forum for you to post opinions. It's for posting facts, helping others with their application if they don't know how to prepare, and not complain. What you're doing is complaining. Life is not perfect, stuff happens everyday in all aspects of life. And the people that you are annoyed with bring a lot of money into the economy, many millions or billions even and that creates jobs, it makes services like the health care that you are complaining about possible. Think of it this way, if 1,000 people do the investment route which is close to 1$million right now, that brings almost 1$billion into the economy, and you're complaining? Like I said and many others this thread is useless.