London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Aor March 7 2018

Medical exam pass April 2019

Police certificate they request on April 3

Pre arrival letter April 4 2019

Extencion for the time has been guarantee for the police certificate June 2019 (the documents were returned to us because they lost 2 photos)
Finally, until September 7, IRCC confirmed that they already had it.

ADR September 27 2019
Schedule A and CV for me and my wife

April 16 2020 medical expired

Gcms notes
Eligibility Pass
Criminality Pass
Medical Pass
Security ( It says nothing)
My notes are same as yours,
My AOR is 20th October.
Got 4 ADRS,
CV
Schedule-A
Grad Kit
Travel history Form.
on 11 March 2020, submitted all on 13 March 2020.
Since then complete silence.
Though I had 1 GU on 2nd April, but i raised webform on 21 April 2020 after completing my 6 months.. The reply was same, security has not been initiated yet.
I am standing at the verge of nowhere guys...:(
I wish someone can tell me whats happening in my file.

xxmaulinxx

Apr 29, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

I applied under PNP program paper based applications. Since day one BGC status showing in my GC key is " We are processing your background check "

Few days back I received my gcms notes and it's showing as per below

Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Security : Not started
Medical : Passed

1. as per above status BGC check is completed or still in process??

2. Background check & security check both are same process or different?? I'm little confuse about it so can you pls make some clarification regarding this.

Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I applied under PNP program paper based applications. Since day one BGC status showing in my GC key is " We are processing your background check "

Few days back I received my gcms notes and it's showing as per below

Security : Not started

1. as per above status BGC check is completed or still in process??

2. Background check & security check both are same process or different?? I'm little confuse about it so can you pls make some clarification regarding this.

Thanks in advance
What do the notes in the last 3-5 pages say?

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
What do the notes in the last 3-5 pages say?
Hello legalfalcon, i m on 40th week of my ICT work permit application, the last update i had 3 months ago was of applicatn being in background check, is BGC the last leg in the process, can we be sure that decision to be made is just round the corner, and has higher chance of having positive result ? Appreciate to hav an insight frm u on my case.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

xxmaulinxx

Apr 29, 2019
Do you not have any notes? NOTE 1 etc?
Hello @legalfalcon sir

On last two pages under notes section there is 7 different notes.

In note 1 text section:

Batchnote - IMPORTANT- incoming correspondence that was at provided has been flipped to received in bulk. incoming information will need to be reviewed at next due date

Last edited:

xxmaulinxx

Apr 29, 2019
@legalfalcon

Quick question behalf of my friend

In year 2015 he was applied for visitors visa with Retail sales supervisor job title (Noc code 6211) & it was rejected. So now he applied for sinp paper based applications and in work experience he mention in the year of 2015 Retail Merchandise (Noc code 6222). So it will make any negative impact on application. Please advice for him

His status as per gcms notes from last month

Thanks in advance

DS1990

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
How long does it take a security check take at 2020? I have been waiting for more than ~ 9 months (~ 20 months from the date of application) .. And still nothing - Agent say: Security is in progress.

Thanks

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
How long does it take a security check take at 2020? I have been waiting for more than ~ 9 months (~ 20 months from the date of application) .. And still nothing - Agent say: Security is in progress.

Thanks
I have 8 months and they said the same, securuty is in progress..... Aor March 2018

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Quick question behalf of my friend

In year 2015 he was applied for visitors visa with Retail sales supervisor job title (Noc code 6211) & it was rejected. So now he applied for sinp paper based applications and in work experience he mention in the year of 2015 Retail Merchandise (Noc code 6222). So it will make any negative impact on application. Please advice for him

His status as per gcms notes from last month

Thanks in advance
The following is the general advise from one of my previous posts, read it accordingly.

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided. (changing NOC codes is not an issue and does not amount to misrepresentation).

Now I will not be deliberating that if the prior application was refused, why it should be looked into again, or you file a TRV before and you did not disclose an employment but subsequently claimed pints for it in PR and got a PPR without any issues. This is all anecdotal. Just because someone was not caught, does not make him innocent.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

xxmaulinxx

Apr 29, 2019
Do you not have any notes? NOTE 1 etc?
Hello @legalfalcon Sir,

In note 1 text section:

Batchnote - IMPORTANT- incoming correspondence that was at provided has been flipped to received in bulk. incoming information will need to be reviewed at next due date.

Also I found in gcms top right corner s.16(1)(c) on Notes section & s.17 on EDOCS section.

What does it mean?? Can u explain pls sir??

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I m on 42nd week of my ICT work permit application, the last update i had 3 months ago was of applicatn being in background check, is BGC the last leg in the process, can we be sure that decision to be made is just round the corner, and has higher chance of having positive result ? Appreciate to hav an insight frm u on my case.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I m on 42nd week of my ICT work permit application, the last update i had 3 months ago was of applicatn being in background check, is BGC the last leg in the process, can we be sure that decision to be made is just round the corner, and has higher chance of having positive result ? Appreciate to hav an insight frm u on my case.
BGC is a generic name for criminality, security and info sharing. Criminality and security are two different stages. Security starts inly after your eligibility is passed. So if you are ins security, then yes, it is the last stage. However, security can take 3-5 weeks to 2 years for some.