+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

matvey_inn

May 16, 2016
Hi

Pnp-outland
Sep 24AOR
Med Passed Oct 16

An agent said - The background verifications are currently in process.

Does it mean i have passed the eligibility?
How long do you think i will wait till ppr?

Rani K

Mar 27, 2019
My husband is from India and I starting the PR application for my husband Feb16 2018.

I went to India for PR interview on November 3rd 2018.

On nov,6th 2018 we had received the Pre Arrival services
email and we were very excited to come back to Canada together.

I waited 3 months and they have not asked for Passport yet so I came back to Canada without him and am still waiting for PPR. How long does it usually take and how long should I wait before sending in a inquiry?

vdwivedi

Jan 20, 2020
I received my AOR on 27th Sep-2019. Medical was completed by 24th October and since then it's in IP2( We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information) with 63% of completion. Is it taking this long these days?

Any related information will be very helpful.

TIA

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi

Pnp-outland
Sep 24AOR
Med Passed Oct 16

An agent said - The background verifications are currently in process.

Does it mean i have passed the eligibility?
How long do you think i will wait till ppr?
I submitted a webform asking about my situation, I got a reply saying that The background verifications are currently valid, do you know what does that mean? Is Valid the same with in process?

mstrhz

May 8, 2019
"This post in no way accurately depicts the procedures adopted by the CSIS, Canada’s premier security agency, as their procedures are highly confidential and will never be made public."

Thanks for including this in the beginning, not gonna read it then

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
"This post in no way accurately depicts the procedures adopted by the CSIS, Canada’s premier security agency, as their procedures are highly confidential and will never be made public."

Thanks for including this in the beginning, not gonna read it then
LOL

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My husband is from India and I starting the PR application for my husband Feb16 2018.

I went to India for PR interview on November 3rd 2018.

On nov,6th 2018 we had received the Pre Arrival services
email and we were very excited to come back to Canada together.

I waited 3 months and they have not asked for Passport yet so I came back to Canada without him and am still waiting for PPR. How long does it usually take and how long should I wait before sending in a inquiry?
Are you referring to spousal sponsorship or express entry?

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Dear legalfalcon.. my application is submitted for TRV ( LMIA excempted) on 30th Aug 2019, upfront medical, biometrics were requested in septmbr 1st week, having checked with IRCC in Nov19, I got a message that my application is in background check, and since then it is in BGC.

1. BGC for TRV is normal ?
2. If the application is in BGC, can we say all the prerequisite has been completed and once BGC found OK application will be approved ?.
3. Does CISC investigate the BGC for TRV application too ?

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
[QUOTE="legalfalcon,

Hi Legalfalcon,

I called CIC few weeks ago and the agent told me that my eligibility is done but document verification is pending and it will be done during security screening.

I don’t understand can you please clarify?

also someone mentioned in the review required thread that their eligibility was passed and during security screening eligibility changed to review required?

Can you please address this?

Thanks in advance

nukubi

Feb 11, 2020
Good day @legalfalcon

Many thanks for your insightful responses which have helped me understand the post ITA verification process better.

I am an FSW-Outland single applicant;
AOR - 21 October 2019;
MEP and BIL - 8 November 2019;
No ADR;
Last ghost update - 14 March 2020;
GCMS notes request submitted - 6 April 2020.

Please I would really appreciate your thoughts on the below response from an IRCC agent on 30 March 2020 to my web form enquiry regarding the status of my application:

“We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The medical examination results on file are currently valid.”

Does the above mean I have passed the eligibility and background verification (criminality and security checks inclusive) stages? Should I expect to receive the PPR email soon?

I eagerly look forward to your feedback.
Thank you and stay safe.

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Good day @legalfalcon

Many thanks for your insightful responses which have helped me understand the post ITA verification process better.

I am an FSW-Outland single applicant;
AOR - 21 October 2019;
MEP and BIL - 8 November 2019;
No ADR;
Last ghost update - 14 March 2020;
GCMS notes request submitted - 6 April 2020.

Please I would really appreciate your thoughts on the below response from an IRCC agent on 30 March 2020 to my web form enquiry regarding the status of my application:

“We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The medical examination results on file are currently valid.”

Does the above mean I have passed the eligibility and background verification (criminality and security checks inclusive) stages? Should I expect to receive the PPR email soon?

I eagerly look forward to your feedback.
Thank you and stay safe.
Your everything is complete.. Eligibility is first step as per Manmeet's Sir message... Chill soon you will get PR when IRCC will resume.. Can you please tell me what you write in webform? I am about to send them... I am 20th October 2019 AOR. Ottawa is my VO... Got 4 ADRs on 10 March and uploaded them on 13th March. After that ist lockdown situation.

nukubi

Feb 11, 2020
Your everything is complete.. Eligibility is first step as per Manmeet's Sir message... Chill soon you will get PR when IRCC will resume.. Can you please tell me what you write in webform? I am about to send them... I am 20th October 2019 AOR. Ottawa is my VO... Got 4 ADRs on 10 March and uploaded them on 13th March. After that ist lockdown situation.
Thank you for your response @Syed Areeb
Please see below an extract of my enquiry in the webform:
"Could you please confirm the status of my application, in particular, whether the eligibility verification and security background checks have been passed?"

Reactions: Syed Areeb

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Can you share timeline? And your dates of ADRs if they ask specifically?
Can you share timeline? And your dates of ADRs if they ask specifically?
Aor March 7 2018

Medical exam pass April 2019

Police certificate they request on April 3

Pre arrival letter April 4 2019

Extencion for the time has been guarantee for the police certificate June 2019 (the documents were returned to us because they lost 2 photos)
Finally, until September 7, IRCC confirmed that they already had it.

ADR September 27 2019
Schedule A and CV for me and my wife

April 16 2020 medical expired

Gcms notes
Eligibility Pass
Criminality Pass
Medical Pass
Security ( It says nothing)

Reactions: Syed Areeb