+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Just sharing an update here, my wife (Iranian citizen) was sent to comprehensive SS back in May '19 and I learned after calling to an agent that our security completed last week (followed by a ghost update). So it took about ~4 months, less than what I read throughout this thread, hopeful for others under SS!

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know what security screening checking for ? If my eligibility & criminality passed, will they continue checking employment, education etc.? If I wrote an employment experience without points claiming in personal history due to the company bankruptcy. Will they check and confirm whether this experience was true? As all contacts of members in that company are lost now. Thx in advance!

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
it is over a month now I have responded to a procedural fairness letter from CIC, still no response ,does this mean they are satisfied with my replyyy???

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
it is over a month now I have responded to a procedural fairness letter from CIC, still no response ,does this mean they are satisfied with my replyyy???
What was your pfl about? Which stream are you in?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
study permit ,the concern what the authenticity of my bank statement ,was requested to send online via my bank which I did
Likely they were in doubt you may have forged it no worries have you received your medical letter?

Abby Yommi

Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys, I have a big problem. My eligibility was passed on 22nd of March 2019 but Criminality and Security have not been initiated since. I know this is not normal. I have contacted IRCC but no response. Is there anything I can do other than to wait . My application is over 19months (spousal sponsorship)

Imtisaal

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation. This is when you see recommended passed / review required etc. Only after an officer makes a final determination, is it set to passed. And only after an officer's determination, will the security commence.

So check whether your eligibility has passed. If it has, then you are in security. Usually security for most applications takes on an average of 1-3 months. However, some applicants do get stuck in security and for them it can take way longer.
@legalfalcon I always appreciate your valuable comments
Can you please guide me with following received from MP office

Criminality in progress.

Eligibility requires review.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are expired – no action required at this time.

Learnt from your posts that criminality starts only after eligibility is passed
But my case shows criminality inprogress.
At present file is at NDVO
Thanks

garry@1990

Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

@legalfalcon can you please advise, as on my GCMS notes, they have hidden the security activities & on the top right corner it's marked as S.15(1).

What does that mean.?? how much time it will take to clear this thing.? I have March 1st AOR & as per notes, my eligibility was passed by officer on 22nd August.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Guys and specifically @legalfalcon : Are "background check" and "security" interchangeable terms ? Are they the same part of the process? A call centre agent told me that my background check has passed.. I'm wondering if security is something additional atop that..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys and specifically @legalfalcon : Are "background check" and "security" interchangeable terms ? Are they the same part of the process? A call centre agent told me that my background check has passed.. I'm wondering if security is something additional atop that..
The BGC is the cumulative of Criminality and security. This is why the CBG status changes twice.

Reactions: PrasadK