+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

raj2017

May 22, 2017
hey @legalfalcon i have a complicated question, if someone has not paid credit card debt of 7 years back while in canada, and now if he tries to put his immigration file through EE, will it create any problem in BGC? is there anyway that he could check whether is there any charges against him in canada by himself?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hey @legalfalcon i have a complicated question, if someone has not paid credit card debt of 7 years back while in canada, and now if he tries to put his immigration file through EE, will it create any problem in BGC? is there anyway that he could check whether is there any charges against him in canada by himself?
If you haven't paid CC debt, it should not be a problem as it is a civil issue and not criminal. If you are concerned the, you should get a RCMP PCC and see. However, when you get your PR, your credit score will be adversely affected and you will have issues in getting loans, CC and in some cases rental housing.

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,
Need some advice please.
My background status changed from NA since end of May to ( we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information). What stage is this? IP1 or IP2?
They asked additional doc related to my work experience and giving me 30 days for that.. (done). After that they asked additional doc of my job offer, which my agent will submit in this week.
How far I'm to finalize the process?
Also just wondering why they need more info even tho my LMIA was approved and first agent didn't raise any question on that but review officer at visa office wants more info and asked why the company wants to hire me? What does that all mean? Don't they check from reference number provided on LMIA?
Thanks

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Hi legalfalcon,
Need some advice please.
My background status changed from NA since end of May to ( we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information). What stage is this? IP1 or IP2?
They asked additional doc related to my work experience and giving me 30 days for that.. (done). After that they asked additional doc of my job offer, which my agent will submit in this week.
Also just wondering why they need more info even tho my LMIA was approved and first agent didn't raise any question on that but review officer at visa office wants more info and asked why the company wants to hire me? What does that all mean? Don't they check from reference number provided on LMIA?
Thanks
do you can please tell your timeline?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,
Need some advice please.
Thanks
You have cleared IP1, but IP1 and IP2 are not the most accurate way of tracking, instead rely on GCMS. All your questions can only be answered through your GCMS notes. Anything else as of now would be speculation.

Reactions: Aali005

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Guys, I sent CSE and Email to Ottawa 3 weeks ago, none of them were responded.
Anyone facing the same issue?

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
hi Legalfalcon,
i would like to raise CSE but i'm applying from outside through EE online so what i have to say to this question* Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? * yes or no because i don't know if they process it here or in Canada

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys, I sent CSE and Email to Ottawa 3 weeks ago, none of them were responded.
Anyone facing the same issue?
It takes time sometimes a few weeks (4-7) for them to revert back.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi Legalfalcon,
i would like to raise CSE but i'm applying from outside through EE online so what i have to say to this question* Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? * yes or no because i don't know if they process it here or in Canada
Answer it as "yes"

Aali005

May 5, 2017
You have cleared IP1, but IP1 and IP2 are not the most accurate way of tracking, instead rely on GCMS. All your questions can only be answered through your GCMS notes. Anything else as of now would be speculation.
Thank you legalfalcon for your comments. I'll ask my agent to order GCMS notes.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hey guys
I am a September 2016 applicant. The normal processing time for applications from my country(Iran) is 8 months but we have been waiting for almost 10 months and still don't know how many more months we have to wait. My wife who is my sponsor contacted her MP in Canada and they told her that my background check has started in December 2016 and they are waiting for a response from the Iranian military about my military service which goes back to more than 13 years ago! Since Iran and Canada currently have no diplomatic relation, I'm pretty sure that the Iranian military is not going to reply to their inquiry. My question is what will happen now? What if the Iranian army never replies to them? They cannot put my application on hold forever because of this? We asked the MP to give us a reference number so we can follow it up here but they said we have to wait and they can't do anything! Does anybody have any similar experience? Can anyone please give me any advice?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys
I am a September 2016 applicant. The normal processing time for applications from my country(Iran) is 8 months but we have been waiting for almost 10 months and still don't know how many more months we have to wait. My wife who is my sponsor contacted her MP in Canada and they told her that my background check has started in December 2016 and they are waiting for a response from the Iranian military about my military service which goes back to more than 13 years ago! Since Iran and Canada currently have no diplomatic relation, I'm pretty sure that the Iranian military is not going to reply to their inquiry. My question is what will happen now? What if the Iranian army never replies to them? They cannot put my application on hold forever because of this? We asked the MP to give us a reference number so we can follow it up here but they said we have to wait and they can't do anything! Does anybody have any similar experience? Can anyone please give me any advice?
Application are not put on hold forever. CSIS is the agency which conducts background checks and if there is no response, that will conduct their due diligence and make a decision. However, this will take little longer. Also, get GCMS notes and see what it says, are there any notes un-related to your military which is holding the application up?

Fasa

Dec 16, 2016
@legalfalcon I need some advice, I have read at the beginning of this forum that PNP BG started before they clear the medicals? I am not sure it that is the case. My stream is PNP-inland, AOR 29th March and clear med on July 19. My BG shows NA. I was wondering if that means that they haven't started yet or the process is different for PNPs?