Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I need some advice, I have read at the beginning of this forum that PNP BG started before they clear the medicals? I am not sure it that is the case. My stream is PNP-inland, AOR 29th March and clear med on July 19. My BG shows NA. I was wondering if that means that they haven't started yet or the process is different for PNPs?
The IRCC trends keep changing from time to time. However, for PNP since their eligibility is vetted by the province, their eligibility goes in progress fairly quickly. MyCIC status page is not the most accurate way of knowing at what stage your application is at. Instead, you should order GCMS and see if you have cleared eligibility, R10, criminality etc.

What I wrote in the post is from the time when the PNP would see BGC go in progress fairly quick.

Reactions: Fasa

Fasa

Dec 16, 2016
The IRCC trends keep changing from time to time. However, for PNP since their eligibility is vetted by the province, their eligibility goes in progress fairly quickly. MyCIC status page is not the most accurate way of knowing at what stage your application is at. Instead, you should order GCMS and see if you have cleared eligibility, R10, criminality etc.

What I wrote in the post is from the time when the PNP would see BGC go in progress fairly quick.
Thanks for the info

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
How long does IP1 take on average. I see some people clear it on same day. Mine has been around 5-6 days. Is there something to worry about or is that normal

Canadago2017

Jan 26, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sinagpore
AOR Received.
11-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a query regarding my GCMS notes just received.
One page of the notes is blank and states information is withheld pursuant to section 16 (1)(c) under access to information act.
Any guidance on what this relates to would be much appreciated. Is this a common occurrence for many applicants or something to be worried about?

I am an OINP PNP Applicant with Aor 11 jan 2017. eligibility and security - shows not started. While queries to IRCC have confimred that file has been trasnnferred to SGVO since 17th may and is awaiting case officer review.

Is the above blank page under section 16 (1) (c) a reason to be concerned about.

Any help/ inputs will be much appreciated.
thanks

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a query regarding my GCMS notes just received.
One page of the notes is blank and states information is withheld pursuant to section 16 (1)(c) under access to information act.
Any guidance on what this relates to would be much appreciated. Is this a common occurrence for many applicants or something to be worried about?

I am an OINP PNP Applicant with Aor 11 jan 2017. eligibility and security - shows not started. While queries to IRCC have confimred that file has been trasnnferred to SGVO since 17th may and is awaiting case officer review.

Is the above blank page under section 16 (1) (c) a reason to be concerned about.

Any help/ inputs will be much appreciated.
thanks
Read my authored post on this issue - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Application are not put on hold forever. CSIS is the agency which conducts background checks and if there is no response, that will conduct their due diligence and make a decision. However, this will take little longer. Also, get GCMS notes and see what it says, are there any notes un-related to your military which is holding the application up?
Thanks for your response.
As I said my wife's MP told her that everything including the eligibility has been passed and only background check is still in process and as far as I know they usually do not disclose anything about the background check in GCMS notes. You said if CSIS does not get any response from other agencies( in this case Iranian military) they will conduct their due diligence and then make a decision and this will take a little longer. The question is how much longer? I know many people from Iran who have been waiting for more than 14 months( Since their application date) and I know one person who has been waiting for 28 months while the standard wait time is only 8 months. This makes no sense to me! They should understand that due to lack of diplomatic relations with Iran, they cannot expect them to share their information with CSIS!Therefore they should change their procedure and find other ways of obtaining information. I am ready to cooperate in any way that I can but hey have completely blocked any way of communication! Do you have any idea how long conducting this due diligence might take or do you know any way that we can contact CSIS and explain the situation to them? This whole process is really frustrating!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response.
As I said my wife's MP told her that everything including the eligibility has been passed and only background check is still in process and as far as I know they usually do not disclose anything about the background check in GCMS notes. You said if CSIS does not get any response from other agencies( in this case Iranian military) they will conduct their due diligence and then make a decision and this will take a little longer. The question is how much longer? I know many people from Iran who have been waiting for more than 14 months( Since their application date) and I know one person who has been waiting for 28 months while the standard wait time is only 8 months. This makes no sense to me! They should understand that due to lack of diplomatic relations with Iran, they cannot expect them to share their information with CSIS!Therefore they should change their procedure and find other ways of obtaining information. I am ready to cooperate in any way that I can but hey have completely blocked any way of communication! Do you have any idea how long conducting this due diligence might take or do you know any way that we can contact CSIS and explain the situation to them? This whole process is really frustrating!
It is frustrating, but since you have served in the military, see it from the stand point of CSIS, the agency tasked with evaluating people before they enter in Canada. I know it is frustrating, but you will have to wait it out.

You are right, most security related information is retracted under section 15-16. But there may be trails of what has been done so far or may be even outgoing and incoming documents. Ordering GCMS is your choice.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
How long does it take to on average get gcms notes through the link you provided after payment?
30 days is the statutory time within which IRCC has to release it. Most notes are delivered within 30 days.

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
30 days is the statutory time within which IRCC has to release it. Most notes are delivered within 30 days.
Would be great if some one could explain what's IP1 and IP2, and is there a way to distinguish based on the wordings?

My current profile status for BGC reads: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

And medical: "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."

Am I in IP1 or IP2?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Would be great if some one could explain what's IP1 and IP2, and is there a way to distinguish based on the wordings?

My current profile status for BGC reads: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

And medical: "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."

Am I in IP1 or IP2?
I have consistently been saying that IP1 and IP2 is a status change, but does not reflect or tell you where your application is. The most important aspect is eligibility, and to make sure that there are no issues with it, you will have to see your GCMS notes.

However, many on the forum speculate. I do not indulge in speculation or making any guess work.

Reactions: Varun84