MR - August 3, 2022
MDone - August 12, 2022
MP - August 27, 2022
ADR- August 25, 2022
PAL- August 26, 2022
Uploaded last document and submit on-Sept 2
Status change to documents uploaded-Sept 9
Receive email saying we have successful receive your document - Oct 7

I am at the end abcs came to find out that info sharing is still in progress And security not started.

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
@legalfalcon it would be great if you could clarify my question since different people give me different opinions about my application. If my case is under security screen? And if it is possible to predict when can I receive my PPR. Here is my situation:I applied through FSW in November 2020. According to the latest CSBA note, everything but security is pass. In my note “Admissibility - Security” it says security in progress, which is updated on 3rd August 2022. Besides, in the end of my note, it was written “Pending info from partners for PA” for Adm/Security on 3rd August 2022. Nothing about security then. Thank you very much.

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon. I applied for EE in 2019 and I landed in 2020. before my application for EE, I had some problems with US immigration and I was basically in removal proceedings in USA. so in the statutory questions, I answered "yes" to the question of whether I have ever been charged of a crime or offense and I explained that I am currently in removal proceedings.. also, during my landing interview, I mentioned to the officer that I was in removal proceedings in USA. he took me to an interview room and asked me whether I had anything else other than immigration offense, like a DUI. I said no. and he let me and my family through.
Now, I have been living in Canada for almost 3 years and I am going to apply for Canadian Citizenship soon. recently, the immigration judge in USA has dismissed the case against me in immigration so I have no deportation (or even self deportation) on my record in USA. my question is, in the statutory question for Citizenship application, should I still answer "yes" to the same question?
Thanks a lot for your help

Reactions: Miracle2018

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon do you know hide long info sharing takes? This is my timeline:
AR - Dec 9, 2021
AOR - July 21, 2022
MR - August 3, 2022
MDone - August 12, 2022
MP - August 27, 2022
ADR- August 25, 2022
PAL- August 26, 2022
Uploaded last document and submit on-Sept 2
Status change to documents uploaded-Sept 9
Receive email saying we have successful receive your document - Oct 7

I am at the end abcs came to find out that info sharing is still in progress And security not started.
@legalfalcon it would be great if you could clarify my question since different people give me different opinions about my application. If my case is under security screen? And if it is possible to predict when can I receive my PPR. Here is my situation:I applied through FSW in November 2020. According to the latest CSBA note, everything but security is pass. In my note “Admissibility - Security” it says security in progress, which is updated on 3rd August 2022. Besides, in the end of my note, it was written “Pending info from partners for PA” for Adm/Security on 3rd August 2022. Nothing about security then. Thank you very much.

Immigration is based on law and not opinions or comparative analysis. Security screening is the most time-consuming stage of a PR application. As per the security screening manual, which was published pre-COVID, the average time frame to complete the security screening was 110 days. However, based on individual cases, it can take longer or less than average.

You can read the security screening manual https://bit.ly/3TlYoja

Also, security is the last stage. Check your GCMS notes to see when your security screening started and how long has it been.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. I applied for EE in 2019 and I landed in 2020. before my application for EE, I had some problems with US immigration and I was basically in removal proceedings in USA. so in the statutory questions, I answered "yes" to the question of whether I have ever been charged of a crime or offense and I explained that I am currently in removal proceedings.. also, during my landing interview, I mentioned to the officer that I was in removal proceedings in USA. he took me to an interview room and asked me whether I had anything else other than immigration offense, like a DUI. I said no. and he let me and my family through.
Now, I have been living in Canada for almost 3 years and I am going to apply for Canadian Citizenship soon. recently, the immigration judge in USA has dismissed the case against me in immigration so I have no deportation (or even self deportation) on my record in USA. my question is, in the statutory question for Citizenship application, should I still answer "yes" to the same question?
Thanks a lot for your help
Yes. All your applications have to be answered truthfully. Just because you declared in the past, does not mean you are exempt from declaring the same thing in a subsequent application, unless the question specifically asks "in the last x years."

nagina4998

Oct 16, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon
Here is my timeline.

AOR March 2020
Eligibility is passed
Criminality is passed
Security is in progress

We have ordered CBSA notes to see if the security is in screening, but there is no mention of SS on notes only the latest information is redacted and security start date is 28th April 2022 and its still in progress as per call agent.

I wanted to know as its almost 6 months since it is in process and the delay is adversely affecting us at this point as its been 2.5 years since AOR, we have now decided to apply for writ of mandamus.
Please @legalfalcon give your suggestions.

P.S I also want to mention that we have no travel history, no visa refusals, no milittary assisstance..

Do you suggest that it would be wise to apply fro mandamus ??

Kindly reply!
Best Regads

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Here is my timeline.

AOR March 2020
Eligibility is passed
Criminality is passed
Security is in progress

We have ordered CBSA notes to see if the security is in screening, but there is no mention of SS on notes only the latest information is redacted and security start date is 28th April 2022 and its still in progress as per call agent.

I wanted to know as its almost 6 months since it is in process and the delay is adversely affecting us at this point as its been 2.5 years since AOR, we have now decided to apply for writ of mandamus.
Please @legalfalcon give your suggestions.

P.S I also want to mention that we have no travel history, no visa refusals, no milittary assisstance..

Do you suggest that it would be wise to apply fro mandamus ??

Kindly reply!
Best Regads
Currently, IRCC has a backlog of 2 million applications. All IRCC applications are delayed and no one can predict when things will change.

https://cila.co/cila-testifies-to-canadian-parliaments-immigration-standing-committee-on-how-to-improve-application-processing/

As regards mandamus, you should contact an immigration lawyer, not a consultant, to have your case evaluated. You can read about mandamus to get an understanding of it https://bit.ly/3VyxeaU

nagina4998

Oct 16, 2022
Thank you for your reply @legalfalcon

I also want to add that we have received an information letter in our Gckey account that satates that "your application is still in progress and in your case some internal processing is on going" I want to know if this is a generic letter in reaponse to my dozen webforms and emails to CPC- Ottawa or does the officer really want to inform me about my application ?

Please give your inputs, much appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your reply @legalfalcon

I also want to add that we have received an information letter in our Gckey account that satates that "your application is still in progress and in your case some internal processing is on going" I want to know if this is a generic letter in reaponse to my dozen webforms and emails to CPC- Ottawa or does the officer really want to inform me about my application ?

Please give your inputs, much appreciated.
It is a generic letter. For details on the processing, refer to your GCMS notes.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
The security screening for PR is more detailed and exhaustive. However, the citizenship check is limited to Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), check, unless there are some other issues.
Hi @legalfalcon Could you please offer some further guidance or links to the security screening process for citizenship? The documents I found online refer to temporary residency or PR only. What is the last reported average processing time for citizenship screening? My citizenship application has peen pending for 14 months (almost 1 year from AOR), test completed in June 2022, fingerprints submitted in June and criminality passed in July (as per GCMS). As security was blanked out in GCMS, I applied for CSIS ATIP two weeks ago. Received it today, which says that my "Security Screening case is still in progress" (further information not disclosed). I don't know exactly when the security screening referral was made to CSIS (trying to determine), but if it was at the same time as fingerprint request, that would be June, coming up to 6 months. CBSA ATIP notes are pending.

In comparison, my old PR application was processed quickly with no security issues. If the security screening for PR is more detailed, why would there be a referral for citizenship? Am I correct in understanding that IRCC would refer for security for certain risk factors? I have no political, government or military links etc and cannot understand why they would want to process me.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Could you please offer some further guidance or links to the security screening process for citizenship? The documents I found online refer to temporary residency or PR only. What is the last reported average processing time for citizenship screening? My citizenship application has peen pending for 14 months (almost 1 year from AOR), test completed in June 2022, fingerprints submitted in June and criminality passed in July (as per GCMS). As security was blanked out in GCMS, I applied for CSIS ATIP two weeks ago. Received it today, which says that my "Security Screening case is still in progress" (further information not disclosed). I don't know exactly when the security screening referral was made to CSIS (trying to determine), but if it was at the same time as fingerprint request, that would be June, coming up to 6 months. CBSA ATIP notes are pending.

In comparison, my old PR application was processed quickly with no security issues. If the security screening for PR is more detailed, why would there be a referral for citizenship? Am I correct in understanding that IRCC would refer for security for certain risk factors? I have no political, government or military links etc and cannot understand why they would want to process me.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Post COVID, the processing times are all over the place.

You can have a look at the security screening manual here.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Post COVID, the processing times are all over the place.

You can have a look at the security screening manual here.
Thanks for the link! I went through the security screening manual but couldn't find a reference to citizenship. Chapter 10 is about temporary residents, Chapter 11 is screening guidelines for PR and chapter 12 is for refugees. Does PR screening guidelines apply to citizenship also?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the link! I went through the security screening manual but couldn't find a reference to citizenship. Chapter 10 is about temporary residents, Chapter 11 is screening guidelines for PR and chapter 12 is for refugees. Does PR screening guidelines apply to citizenship also?
This is the only manual available in the public domain. Security screening manuals are not disclosed.

General information in processing is available at:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing.html