+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

James D. Ryan

Mar 13, 2019
okay, hopefully they will start to finalise applications soon. Ircc just redistributed all the backlog applications.
Hope so too. I have seen people with AOR from December 2020 and Jan 2021 receiving RFVs, but I'm not sure my application has ever been touched since BIL.

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
@legalfalcon hi, I just got my GCMS notes and although Eligibility is passed the agents statement says( File transferred to IN for review-STAT Question) is this a bad thing? do you also know the meaning of IN? Where the application has been transferred to? I have past study permit refusals though

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
hi, I just got my GCMS notes and although Eligibility is passed the agents statement says( File transferred to IN for review-STAT Question) do you also know the meaning of IN? Where the application has been transferred to?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi, I just got my GCMS notes and although Eligibility is passed the agents statement says( File transferred to IN for review-STAT Question) is this a bad thing? do you also know the meaning of IN? Where the application has been transferred to? I have past study permit refusals though
If you answered yes to any visa refusal or other statutory questions, this is common.

Reactions: Mikefemise

ArpanB

Apr 12, 2022
My AOR is 31/05/2017 and still at NA2. I received my GCMS yesterday and even I have the same comments as of yours
EE PNP triaged to IR
Tracking Overseas EE PNP cases sent to IR
Reason: Other
Effective date: 2017/09/21
So, I would be grateful if you could shed some light on the matter
Hello, I have similar status in the gcms I.e EE PNP triaged to IR. And sent to IR. So whats this status about ? Any idea. I am Nov 2021 AOR. I couldn't find much detail on this note. Please help. Thanks.

AnumY

Jan 5, 2021
hi, I just got my GCMS notes and although Eligibility is passed the agents statement says( File transferred to IN for review-STAT Question) do you also know the meaning of IN? Where the application has been transferred to?
Your file got transferred to Montreal - IN means Montreal

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
F. Why do BGC takes so long for some applicants?

If your application is stuck in the BGC and your GCMS notes show that everything else has been completed, then it could be wither of the two scenarios:

a) The application is stuck with CSIS. CSIS may be conducting an in-depth investigation into your file. This could be a result of your past military service, extensive travel to suspicious countries, known political or governmental affiliation. Sometimes it could be as remote as the company you worked for is under investigation by a law enforcement agency of a foreign country. Only since you were an employee, and not named in the investigation, CSIS will take its time to probe the issue before it gives its conclusive report.​

b) The CSIS report is awaiting final review from IRCC: In most cases the delay is at this stage. CSIS after filing its report, the IRCC has to make a final review and a determination. When CSIS flags a few things, CSIS does not recommend that the application be cancelled, but it is on the IRCC to determine if based on the CSIS report an applicant would be inadmissible in accordance with IRPA. Most applications are held up here. This is because the IRCC will send that report to officials specifically trained to look into the inadmissibility issues based on security and they will make a final determination, which will then be approved by an agent.​

G. What can an applicant do if his application is stuck at BGC?

If an application is stuck at BGC for a very long time, i.e. more than 3-5 months after your eligibility is cleared you have two options:

a) You can inquire about the status of your security check directly from CSIS. To enquire about the status of a an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a. a full name,
b. date and place of birth,
c. the signature of the applicant, and
d. a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
e. If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.
f. Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:
Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954​
It takes CSIS 8 weeks to process these requests. Information on this is available at https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02 Some applicants have successfully obtained information from CSIS.​

b) If CSIS has finished the security screening, then your file is pending final review with IRCC. There is nothing much you can do at this stage. However, there is anecdotal evident that ordering GCMS notes does initiate the process. This is because every time you order GCMS notes, an agent will review the notes before releasing them. If the file has been reviewed by the Agent, and is pending posting the update on the system, the same will be done by the agent when he is reviewing the notes and this will move your file ahead.​
Hi @legalfalcon please what do I do? Eligibility passed for almost 4 months now. Security not started.

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hi @legalfalcon I am an Online Citizenship Applicant. When I applied for PR in 2018 as CEC Inland applicant, it took almost 18 months to complete the process due to Security Screening (IRCC - CSIS - CBSA - IRCC). I just got fingerprint request again yesterday from IRCC Vancouver for my citizenship application, does that mean I have to go through the process all over again or does the screening process is for PR applicant only? Also, during PR my file was on hold for Info Sharing with the USA, which took the longest time. I have not been to USA after PR or within last 5 years, not sure if that process will repeat again either, what are your thoughts? Thanks a lot!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I am an Online Citizenship Applicant. When I applied for PR in 2018 as CEC Inland applicant, it took almost 18 months to complete the process due to Security Screening (IRCC - CSIS - CBSA - IRCC). I just got fingerprint request again yesterday from IRCC Vancouver for my citizenship application, does that mean I have to go through the process all over again or does the screening process is for PR applicant only? Also, during PR my file was on hold for Info Sharing with the USA, which took the longest time. I have not been to USA after PR or within last 5 years, not sure if that process will repeat again either, what are your thoughts? Thanks a lot!

The security screening for PR is more detailed and exhaustive. However, the citizenship check is limited to Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), check, unless there are some other issues.