17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon
I have my ICT work permit in progress outside canada from USA, it was applied on 27thAugust 2021 and now I check, it says background check in progress.

what should i do, it is already more than 2 months? not a PR request, I have never landed in Canada.

This time, i have requested new work permit using new passport, i had approved WP last year but could not go due to covid restrictions.

All applications, TRV or PR have to go through BGC.

To read on BGC / Security screening see https://bit.ly/32vssnS

Currently, the processing time for all applications has increased. You will just have to wait.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon - I am currently awaiting DM + my Citizenship Oath date. As per the new online tracker, my citizenship app had the background verification completion date of 25th Feb 2021 (I was never asked for fingerprints). Citizenship Test was set to complete last Nov. Upon enquiry, my MP got back to me today with not so good news - as per IRCC: my Criminality verification expired last week and will need to be redone :( Can this lead to significant delays now that they have to redo Criminality? To my understanding from your initial posts, Criminality means RCMP, Interpol etc which sounds very time consuming. Your inputs would be really appreciated on this. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - I am currently awaiting DM + my Citizenship Oath date. As per the new online tracker, my citizenship app had the background verification completion date of 25th Feb 2021 (I was never asked for fingerprints). Citizenship Test was set to complete last Nov. Upon enquiry, my MP got back to me today with not so good news - as per IRCC: my Criminality verification expired last week and will need to be redone :( Can this lead to significant delays now that they have to redo Criminality? To my understanding from your initial posts, Criminality means RCMP, Interpol etc which sounds very time consuming. Your inputs would be really appreciated on this. Thanks.
For the citizenship, application criminality is based on your fingerprints and the RCMP. It usually takes a few weeks.

Reactions: vvarma

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
@legalfalcon Hi, I applied for a PR PNP express entry application, I am an Outland applicant and do not need to submit RCMP since I have never travelled to Canada before.I called ircc and realised that my eligibility and medicals are passed but criminality and security are not started yet. I believe criminality was supposed to have been done first. Kindly not that I submitted all PCC needed and even ircc confirmed that they have received all necessary documents and information. I did not give biometrics because I have given before with the past 10 years as instructed by ircc (new Covid-19 policy). Ircc call Agent also mentioned that my biometrics is passed, do you know what that means?!Can you kindly advise why my criminality is not passed yet?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Can anyone please share PCC template provided by local police station in India?
It is certified that there is no adverse information against XXXXXX S/o XXXXXX, holder of Indian Passport No XXXXXX, issued at XXXXXX, on XXXXXX which would render him ineligible for XXXXXX (ex Citizenship) for CANADA.

With your photo on the top right corner.

You will need to apply via the Indian Passport portal and you should find all instructions there.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi, I applied for a PR PNP express entry application, I am an Outland applicant and do not need to submit RCMP since I have never travelled to Canada before.I called ircc and realised that my eligibility and medicals are passed but criminality and security are not started yet. I believe criminality was supposed to have been done first. Kindly not that I submitted all PCC needed and even ircc confirmed that they have received all necessary documents and information. I did not give biometrics because I have given before with the past 10 years as instructed by ircc (new Covid-19 policy). Ircc call Agent also mentioned that my biometrics is passed, do you know what that means?!Can you kindly advise why my criminality is not passed yet?

No need to be concerned. It will be passed in due course.

Reactions: Mikefemise

James D. Ryan

Mar 13, 2019
Hi all,

The first sentence of the background check part on my application has switched back and forth between "We are processing your background check" and "Your application is in progress". However, the second sentence remains the same (We will send you a message when we start your background check).

Does this mean actually my background check has not start yet? (I haven't been able to reach out to IRCC yet).

Thank you in advance!

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi all,

The first sentence of the background check part on my application has switched back and forth between "We are processing your background check" and "Your application is in progress". However, the second sentence remains the same (We will send you a message when we start your background check).

Does this mean actually my background check has not start yet? (I haven't been able to reach out to IRCC yet).

Thank you in advance!
what is your AOR, Nationality? what stream did you apply to and your visa office? A friend also experienced the same

Last edited:

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
I am an FSW-O applicant and my AOR is November 2020. I have no idea what my visa office is.
okay most FSW applications that noticed the background change were moved to Vancouver or RROC. I don’t know the reason why though and we still trying to figure out. What is your nationality and have you indicated in your application that you had a visa refusals or something?

James D. Ryan

Mar 13, 2019
okay most FSW applications that noticed the background change were moved to Vancouver or RROC. I don’t know the reason why though and we still trying to find out. What is your nationality and have you indicated in your application that you had a visa refusals or something?
I'm from Vietnam and I didn't have any refusals in the past.