+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by legalfalcon, Jun 11, 2017.

1. The comprehensive security check is on my wife (secondary applicant), who doesn't really have an extensive travel history or government/military background, the only thing I can think of is that she's from Iran, but residing in Canada since past 2 years. I'm hoping it's going to be faster than expected.

2. Thanks for your reply. Hope yours will be faster than average. My case is very very similar to yours. Same VO and i also got 2 ghost updates in two continuous days back to May. The call agent also said "the update is for starting my security screening" he did use the term security screening but he said there is no difference between security check and security screening. I called in the next day and ask if I am in comprehensive security check but the other agent explicitly said no. I am so confused now. Sorry for another quick question, when the call agent informed your security just started, is that yours or your wife's?

3. I recommend you just ordering the CBSA notes and avoid guessing from what the agents said, since I've seen it being quite inconsistent at times.

torontob likes this.
  4. Friends,

I have a confusion on my situation. I live in India and I was travelling 2 years back for tourism to UAE. They fined me for an offence and I had to pay fine the same day and I stayed there for 7 days and after that come home. They said everything was clear, no problem hence travelled back. Then 6 months later I was travelling to Europe for vacation via dubai and they detained me because they said my earlier case was not closed in some system. so i had to engage lawyer and removed the charge and during that time i was at airport detention for 7 days. the court and police gave me clearance paper. My problem is--

1. when i write in the form under 'have you ever comitted, been arested, been charged or convicted in any country' what do i answer. is that a yes or no because im not a resident of uae. just travelling and didnt stay 6 months also there

2. if i say yes, what paper do i show. my paper is is all arabic

3. if i say no, then will they be able to find out my problem. im confused

4. can i get a new fresh police certificate from uae and show

please help me with this

5. #1- The question is clear and doesn't ask if you were a resident, tourist, or citizen but simply asks if you were ever arrested for crimes. Based on first paragraph of your description it seems you had an infraction and paid it and you did not commit a crime?! Based on second part of your paragraph you were detained. This goes back to laws of UAE. See if you can find out if you were arrested or not. It should show on your record somewhere. If it doesn't show then it means you were not arrested for a crime. Usually crimes are court cases etc...

#2- This is not a real problem. Just translate it if you have to provide paperwork.

#3- We don't know if they will find out and you are not confused. You are wondering if you can get away with it or maybe wondering if your issue falls within "commited a crime, been arrested, been charged....". RCMP and CSIS do the searches for these things usually and if your name pulls up on some international list or if UAE is a partner of RCMP then it may show up. BUT not many people know what they share with each other...

#4- Not sure what you mean by fresh certificate. If you were arrested - as with most other countries - their certificate will show it all unless you were pardoned or if it was not a crime and just an infraction (i.e. parking ticket). A new certificate doesn't mean it will wipe out your past.

*Important: Find out if you ever committed, been arrested, been charged, or convicted in UAE or elsewhere. Ask the lawyer who helped you and he should be able to answer that question.

Furthermore, not all issues with law in other countries mean inadmissibility but find out exactly what happened and search the forum or consult Canadian lawyers or immigration lawyers to see if that can be troubling for you.

lion.com likes this.
  6. Hi, Legalfalcon! Great to read your post!
    Could you pls tell me what kind of BGC check will be for a work permit as I am experiencing it now? It should not be the same as application for PPR as I see many work permit applicant received their work permit in 3 months. It must be different BGC, right? I do have a lot of travel history for tourism though. Thanks!

7. Thanks so much for such a detailed and thorough explanation .. you have truly shed a lot more and much needed light on this

8. How can I apply for the express entry?

9. I received my cbsa notes and in Ices travel history, a person with a different middle name than mines is showing in their records.
    Should this be of concern as my AOR was April 2017 and final eligibility and security have not started till date?

Should I raise a CSE to ask for clarification?

10. I have a previous US VISA refusal. According to the notes, Info Sharing is Complete. Security Screening is still in process (Since February). Does "complete" mean that US VISA refusal has been of no concern to the officer?

11. Do you have an estimate on the time for PNP paper based applicants? Thank you in advance.

12. Hi,
    I have applied for sinp, and waiting for work permit.i have question plz answer to me.
    I got a job in LOGCAP if, Afghanistan in United state army base, in 2010. My company was dyn Corp which was the direct contractor of US govt. They provide me LOA ( letter of authorisation ) but they didn't stamp the visa of afghanistan. They given UAE visit visa which we were used to enter in Dubai, then we exit from Dubai and entered in Kandahar Air field by our pre arranged company flight. Once we entered in camp, military taken the finger prints and asked LOA. I stayed almost 4 years. I have all the documents from US military as well as from our company.

Recently I got the police clearence certificate from Afghanistan, and I have requested to US embassy to provide a police certificate fir my stay in Afghanistan and they given one.

I have police certificate and enough documents for my stay in afghanistan. Still I worry bcoz I didn't have visa stamp in my passport.
    I have written in LOE about this.
    Is it gonna be any problem for immigration process?

Thank you.

13. Hi Legalfelcon,
    I have applied for sinp, and waiting for work permit.i have question plz answer to me.
    I got a job in LOGCAP if, Afghanistan in United state army base, in 2010. My company was dyn Corp which was the direct contractor of US govt. They provide me LOA ( letter of authorisation ) but they didn't stamp the visa of afghanistan. They given UAE visit visa which we were used to enter in Dubai, then we exit from Dubai and entered in Kandahar Air field by our pre arranged company flight. Once we entered in camp, military taken the finger prints and asked LOA. I stayed almost 4 years. I have all the documents from US military as well as from our company.

Recently I got the police clearence certificate from Afghanistan, and I have requested to US embassy to provide a police certificate fir my stay in Afghanistan and they given one.

I have police certificate and enough documents for my stay in afghanistan. Still I worry bcoz I didn't have visa stamp in my passport.

Is it gonna be any problem for immigration process?

Thank you.

14. Hello legalfalcon
    I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
    I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received recently is that , the security is in progress and under review.
    I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
    It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review and so on and so forth ?

Thanks

15. Hello
    I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
    I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received is that , the security is in progress and under review.
    I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
    It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review and so on and so forth ?

Thanks