+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Your husband is most likely stuck on Security screening. If you call, they won't give you any updates, you will need to request for CSIS and CBSA reports. That is the only way to know where you stand.
Sorry but how do I order these notes? through immigration?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

ozodinobi

Aug 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Nomination.....
18-10-2017
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-12-2018
Most likely you are stuck in Security. Even if it says not started, IRCC must have sent your file to CBSA and CSIS.
What is your R10 pass date?
R10 recommended passed February 14th,2018.
File was reviewed by Case Analyst February 15th but Eligibility is not yet passed but was marked as review required as I added spouse in January and the review required is due to the addition of spouse as well as for POF.
Is it possible to be on security screening when eligibility hasn't been passed?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
R10 recommended passed February 14th,2018.
File was reviewed by Case Analyst February 15th but Eligibility is not yet passed but was marked as review required as I added spouse in January and the review required is due to the addition of spouse as well as for POF.
Is it possible to be on security screening when eligibility hasn't been passed?
No, security only starts after eligibility is passed.

lrajthilak

Aug 23, 2017
Bellevue
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Doc's Request.
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
01-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
@legalfalcon,
I would need your suggestion here. This is a bit long and apologies for the same.
I recieved PPR on 1st August 2018 and sent across all passports of self and dependents along with return envelope(unsealed) and shipping label via FedEx in a big envelope. Unfortunately, during customs, someone has opened my package to check and resealed the original package with passports and missed to add the return envelope and shipping label which was inside the return envelope. The original package was sent on 7th August and delivered to CIC on 8th August. I thought it was with passports and return envelope but the return envelope came back to me from the FedEX international shipment today, 13th of August,. Shipping label was activated on 9th August, from Memphis, that is where my original package was cleared before going to canada. Without clue where the passports are, I checked my CIC account too see my application approved and passports stamped, so was relieved to see that passports were delivered to CIC. That is when i realized package was opened in Memphis during clearance but sent without return label.
Now CIC doesnt have return envelope and shipping labels to send my passports back. What would happen in such case?? i have written an email to CIC explaining my case and trying to call them today but did not get thru. I will try calling them again tomorrow.

Please advise. Looking forward for your suggestions. I hope, you got my query and did not confuse you.

regards
Rajthilak

ozodinobi

Aug 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Nomination.....
18-10-2017
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-12-2018
No, security only starts after eligibility is passed.
Ok. Thank you.

Please what do you advise I do especially after this last response from them.

I have read up on cases stuck on Eligibility:Review Required and it seems the wait is a long one. Is there any action one can take to move his/her case forward? Will writing to the Minister of Immigration have any effect?

Last edited:

Candoll

Aug 14, 2018
BC
Hi @legalfalcon

Just starting on my journey towards PR. Have some questions regarding applying in CEC. My previous NOC was 1221(admin coordinater) . I worked in Ontario for more than one year and 6 months after completing my two years study. Now I’m moving to BC and being offered a job in NOC 1211 (supervisor). My employer says if it is better for my file I can even officially work as an administrative assistant (same noc as before) I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not?

Is it advisable to change my NOC and province at this stage? If it will not have any negative effect on my file, I would definitely like to move to BC but I’m a bit apprehensive.

The company in BC is a registered fed ex distributor but it’s office is a residential address. Could this be a problem in future ?

Please advise. Thank you in advance.

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
The facts you have narrated are very strange. Because once a PR is granted, it can only be revoked by a judicial determination. For PNP see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/

So if your have received a nomination from BC, and you have then filed your application with IRCC, your application is locked. Since you are a BC PNP, you will need to meet the nomination conditions, but that doe snot include working for the same employer. As long as you work in BC, for any employer, you are fine.

As regards your work permit, after you file your application to IRCC, and the R10 is passed, you are eligible for the BOWP. Also, you have to inform IRCC and initiate the process in advance, because if your WP expires, and your application is not cleared, then you will be out of status.
Thank you for your reply. Is it better for me to wait and file BOWP or should I just file right now with my work permit support letter I got with my bc pnp nomination certificate? I'm wondering because I think with my work permit support letter now I will get a closed work permit restricted to current employer, right ? Whereas bowp will be open work permit.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Hey legalfalcon

I want to seek your advice in one typical case.

One of my friend is from Pakistan. He completed bachelor 2 yrs program in 2016. Then started his masters 2 yrs program he has given his final exams in july 2018.

Now we checked IQAS it recognize 2yrs bachelors in combination with 2 yrs masters as 4 yrs bachelors.

Now he will get his results in feb 2019 because pakistani govt universities takes lots of time in giving results. He is unsure weather he will pass the exams or not if he failed he will have to reappear in next yrs exams which will be held in jul 2019.

Now in the meantime he is looking to pursue a diploma of 1 yr for which admissios will start from jan 2019 and the duration of diploma will be from feb 2019 to feb 2020.

So suppose if he failed in his masters exams and he have to reapper in his failed exam in jul 2019 and going with it he pursued diploma simultaneously will it effect his case? Because if he passes in jul 2019 he will get his degree in feb 2020 so he will get both his diploma and masters degree at the same time so will it get recognized or not?

heinzlin

Feb 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I would need your advice here, I am CEC inland applicant who submitted PR application through EE on June 22, 2017, it has been almost 14 months, and I made a series of calls/CSEqueries, but everytime they told me I am still under background check and need addtional verfication, I requested 5 GCMS notes, and saying I passed eligibility, medical, but security part is blank, but I did see there a couple of Security activties on my notes and I am pretty sure i am under SS. Usually how much more time should I wait as i am now really exhausted with long waiting time but without any updates, is there any other report i could order to get better understanding of my current status? Usually how long would people be in SS? I saw it might be 10 months for SS?
thank you!

BRs

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017
For S15 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

If your eligibility is passed, it won't be long. Just hang in there. It all depends on the processing speed of the LVO.
Thank you @legalfalcon . Just a few more questions.

So, I called up IRCC to find out the status of my application. According to them, they carried out 2 types of background check for me and my wife. One check was performed in Canada and one outside. They didn't specify for who, but said that the background check is complete for one person and for the other the Canada part is done, while the check being performed outside of Canada is in process.

Do you think either my wife or I are in the special security screening (the one that can last up to a year)? Should I order GCMS notes again? Last set of gcms notes were generated (in July) before my new baby was added to my application.