+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much. I would be grateful to you if could confirm below.

1. In Work History and Personal History, I am not seeing the Date (DD) entry input and I have weekends(Saturday and Sunday) gap in between my two employment. Where do I need to enter this weekend gap?
2. I got ITA under PNP, Do I need to submit "Schedule A" form. If yes, do I need to use LoE upload section for it?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ya9545 said:
Thank you very much. I would be grateful to you if could confirm below.

1. In Work History and Personal History, I am not seeing the Date (DD) entry input and I have weekends(Saturday and Sunday) gap in between my two employment. Where do I need to enter this weekend gap?
There is no "date"[entry input. The website only needs month and year (MM/YY). There is no need for the dates. No organization works on specific dates, unless it is the government. If you are so precise, you can have them in your reference letter./color]

2. I got ITA under PNP, Do I need to submit "Schedule A" form. If yes, do I need to use LoE upload section for it?
You only need to upload the documents asked from you in the upload section. If the IRCC needs a Schedule A from you, the will ask or it. Not all applicants are required to fill Sec A.

Thanks

flyflysophia11

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
30-03- 2017
Passport Req..
11-08-2017
Check your PM pls Legalfalcon. need urgent assistance. thx so much

snowface0214

Nov 21, 2016
toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/03/2017
Passport Req..
06/06/2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

Apologies to be a pain!
I have another question I'd like to ask re: Work History.

During "pre" ITA period, I have mentioned all work history I have had in Canada under Work History section, although only my current job qualifies for PR application.

Now that I've received ITA, I see that there are two sections you can mention about your work history (Work History section and Personal History). I was reading other member's questions and read that we should include "non-qualifying" jobs to Personal History, rather than Work History section.

Do you think if there is an issue if I remove "non-qualifying" jobs from Work History and add to Personal History section? or would you say to keep them under Work History?

I can get all the NOA, T4, LOE, from all employers including non-qualifying jobs too, so if this would be an issue, I can just keep them under Work History and add all the documents.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
flyflysophia11 said:
Check your PM pls Legalfalcon. need urgent assistance. thx so much
Check your inbox.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
snowface0214 said:
Hello Legalfalcon,

Apologies to be a pain!
I have another question I'd like to ask re: Work History.

During "pre" ITA period, I have mentioned all work history I have had in Canada under Work History section, although only my current job qualifies for PR application.

Now that I've received ITA, I see that there are two sections you can mention about your work history (Work History section and Personal History). I was reading other member's questions and read that we should include "non-qualifying" jobs to Personal History, rather than Work History section.

Do you think if there is an issue if I remove "non-qualifying" jobs from Work History and add to Personal History section? or would you say to keep them under Work History?

I can get all the NOA, T4, LOE, from all employers including non-qualifying jobs too, so if this would be an issue, I can just keep them under Work History and add all the documents.
There is a distinction between Work history and personal history. For the Work history you have to declare only the job that gets you the points and supplement that with the reference letters, T4 etc.

The personal history is the section where the IRCC wants to know where you were and what you were doing during that time. You will have to disclose where you were working, but there is no need to get reference letters for the personal history.

Eg of work history.

2001-2005 - London, Education - University of London
2005-2007 - Work - Tax consultant with ACB tax - Manchester

Hope this helps!

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Quick question for a friend preparing their EE profile.
If individual applies under NOC xxxx but only have about 8 months experience in that NOC. And they have another 6 months experience under a different NOC xxx. Can they still apply under CEC class or do you have to gain a full yr experience under one NOC.

snowface0214

Nov 21, 2016
toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/03/2017
Passport Req..
06/06/2017
legalfalcon said:
There is a distinction between Work history and personal history. For the Work history you have to declare only the job that gets you the points and supplement that with the reference letters, T4 etc.

The personal history is the section where the IRCC wants to know where you were and what you were doing during that time. You will have to disclose where you were working, but there is no need to get reference letters for the personal history.

Eg of work history.

2001-2005 - London, Education - University of London
2005-2007 - Work - Tax consultant with ACB tax - Manchester

Hope this helps!
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thank you for your explanation - very helpful!
What I am concerned is that I have listed all of my work experience (including non qualifying jobs) under Work History during Express Entry...
Now that I have received ITA, should I keep these non-qualifying jobs under Work History? or should I include them only in Personal Experience..?

I am concerned that there will be a discrepancy from what I have submitted in EE vs Post ITA for Work History.
I was reading other people's post + your comment and thinking to:
- Only list qualifying job in Work History
- List other non qualifying jobs in Personal History
- Add a letter of explanation noting that I have removed non-qualifying jobs from Work History and kept under Personal History. Also provide a record such as T4, Letter of Employment, Signed Contract to this letter of explanation (I already have all of these for all work experience including non-qualifying ones), just in case if CIC look for the record?

Does this sound fine...?

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hello Legalfalcon

When I submitted my EE profile, I clicked on 4 different provinces that I'd be interested in living at, then few months later I got the nomination from NS and based on that I received ITA. When I was submitting my eAPR there was a page to select which provice I will live at and how much money I will take with me. Since I got nomination, sure I chose NS and the city and I put the amount of funds I'll take, which is different from what I put in the EE profile. I was checking my submitted application on MyCIC account, I found out that the information locked is what was entered in the EE, the application for eAPR isn't appearing

Is there anything to worry about here? would IRCC consider that I dont intend to live in the nominating provice?
thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Fizar said:
Quick question for a friend preparing their EE profile.
If individual applies under NOC xxxx but only have about 8 months experience in that NOC. And they have another 6 months experience under a different NOC xxx. Can they still apply under CEC class or do you have to gain a full yr experience under one NOC.
The Ministerial Instructions state as follows:

Canadian work experience

15. (1) The points that are to be assigned for the Canadian work experience factor referred to in paragraph 9(d) are the following:

(a) for a foreign national who has no accompanying spouse or common-law partner
(i) 0 points, for no Canadian work experience or less than one year of such experience,
(ii) 40 points, for one year of Canadian work experience,
(iii) 53 points, for two years of Canadian work experience,
(iv) 64 points, for three years of Canadian work experience,
(v) 72 points, for four years of Canadian work experience, and
(vi) 80 points, for five or more years of Canadian work experience; and
(b) for a foreign national who has an accompanying spouse or common-law partner
(i) 0 points, for no Canadian work experience or less than one year of such experience,
(ii) 35 points, for one year of Canadian work experience,
(iii) 46 points, for two years of Canadian work experience,
(iv) 56 points for three years of Canadian work experience,
(v) 63 points, for four years of Canadian work experience, and
(vi) 70 points, for five or more years of Canadian work experience.
Maximum points

(2) The maximum number of points that may be assigned under

(a) paragraph (1)(a) is 80 points; and
(b) paragraph (1)(b) is 70 points.
Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.
It clearly states that that you can combine different NOCs to claim the points, but you will have to declare your primary NOC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
snowface0214 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thank you for your explanation - very helpful!
What I am concerned is that I have listed all of my work experience (including non qualifying jobs) under Work History during Express Entry...
Now that I have received ITA, should I keep these non-qualifying jobs under Work History? or should I include them only in Personal Experience..?
You can remove them for your work history, but make sure that the ones you are leaving under work history are qualifying work experience for which you get points and it has to be more than 6 years to get maximum points.

I am concerned that there will be a discrepancy from what I have submitted in EE vs Post ITA for Work History.
I was reading other people's post + your comment and thinking to:
- Only list qualifying job in Work History This is correct
- List other non qualifying jobs in Personal History This is correct
- Add a letter of explanation noting that I have removed non-qualifying jobs from Work History and kept under Personal History. Also provide a record such as T4, Letter of Employment, Signed Contract to this letter of explanation (I already have all of these for all work experience including non-qualifying ones), just in case if CIC look for the record? Not required, but will not hurt.

Does this sound fine...? Yes
All the best!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Hello Legalfalcon

When I submitted my EE profile, I clicked on 4 different provinces that I'd be interested in living at, then few months later I got the nomination from NS and based on that I received ITA. When I was submitting my eAPR there was a page to select which provice I will live at and how much money I will take with me. Since I got nomination, sure I chose NS and the city and I put the amount of funds I'll take, which is different from what I put in the EE profile. I was checking my submitted application on MyCIC account, I found out that the information locked is what was entered in the EE, the application for eAPR isn't appearing

Is there anything to worry about here? would IRCC consider that I dont intend to live in the nominating provice?
thanks
You can change certain things post ITA, which includes where you want to settle and the funds you will bring. If IRCC has any doubts about your intention they will ask you for a settlement plan. Nothing to worry about.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hi Legal falcon,
Need your opinion on following:
In my education history i wrote a tenure for my degree from 2010 to 2015.
But in my persoanl history i have written it as follows:
2010 -- 2011 PT studies
2012 -- 2014 PT STudies Resumed and Course Completed / Degree awarded.

Further i have mentioned in LOE that Education history dates are as per Transcript
Where as in persoanl history its bifercated Beacause between 2011--2012 i had gap year and wasnt actively studying.
and The degree finished in 2014 (personal History) but the membership from awarding body was given in 2014 (education History)
as i was not physically studying degree i ended it up it Personal History in 2013.

Is it ok? to show gap years in such a way in personal history
and Shall i restrict the entry to 2014 in persoanl history or shall i jot it down as 2015 as well to align Personal History and education History? and explain in LOE that i finished studies in 2014 but was granted membership in 2015

Waiting for your input

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
legalfalcon said:
You can change certain things post ITA, which includes where you want to settle and the funds you will bring. If IRCC has any doubts about your intention they will ask you for a settlement plan. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks Legalfalcon, +1 for you! helpful as always :)
today is the 51st day post AOR, only medicals have passed. No news is good news, right? In ideal situations, R10 will be over by now, right?