Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dr.psr said:
Hi legalfalcon
a friend of mine was given information by a consultant in new delhi that that if u have ur your personal clinic then you wont be granted P.r

Problem Explained:
A friend of mine went to a consultant in new delhi for express entry related info. We both have clinics and he asked the consultant how to prove Our experience as we r self employed and have our own clinic. Consultant bluntly rejected his case stating thatas a self employed dentists our process will be taken up but rejected at last step because we dont have salary slips. When he mentioned about me getting an ITA she said he will be rejected after application. She said its written on cic website that only salaried person will be granted pr. I couldn't find such thing on fsw site.

I have already spent money on ielts and wes etc i dont wana waste more money if Its true.

Do u have any idea if she is right?

Has any self employed dentist got pr?
What ever the consultant said is ABSOLUTELY crap and that person is not worthy of being a consultant and I am sure that he/she is not even registered and knows nothing with about the express entry.

Self employed professional, like doctors, dentists, lawyers can all apply under the EE.

The CIC clearly states:
<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>
Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Proof of work Experience

Document requirements

The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).
Usually the consultant show be the one helping you make a strong case, but most of the consultants are clerks and paper pushers, with just bare minimum education and no knowledge of immigration laws.

I am not aware of your exact situation, so I cannot recommend what specifically you should do, but if you would like, I would be happy to discuss this further.

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
legalfalcon said:
What ever the consultant said is ABSOLUTELY crap and that person is not worthy of being a consultant and I am sure that he/she is not even registered and knows nothing with about the express entry.

Self employed professional, like doctors, dentists, lawyers can all apply under the EE.

The CIC clearly states:
<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>
Usually the consultant show be the one helping you make a strong case, but most of the consultants are clerks and paper pushers, with just bare minimum education and no knowledge of immigration laws.

I am not aware of your exact situation, so I cannot recommend what specifically you should do, but if you would like, I would be happy to discuss this further.

Thanks gor your reply mate. I have itr already but after hearing this news from my friend i was kind of demoralized and wanted to know for sure if i can apply or not. But ur answer cheered me up. I have all my docs inc rent deeds, telephone and electricity bills, raw material bills, lab bills, my clinic installation bills and regular service bills, income tax details etc. Only problem is my 1st 2 year rend deeds are missing and i was thinking of making an affidavit which says that the said property was rented to me by shop owner from such dates for establishing my clinic. I can support this with patient details and xrays, my clinic installation bills etc. U think it will work?

1 more thing as i am owner of my clinic how will i show reference letters. From patients on my official letterhead. Shd they be hand written by patients or typed. I am googling it but so far had no luck of finding any info on reference letters for self employed dentists.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
legalfalcon said:
Usually the change of documents status is system generated and it is difficult to predict. As regards your medical, it could have been triggered since it is expiring and you can request CIC to extend them for another year by sending a CSE. Some applicants have successfully done it in the past and CIC, though takes its time, but has given the extensions.

For the PCC, its is normal. I will not be much concerned about the status of the documents as they are not done in real time and even if an officer has reviewed it, the status might not change. The only way to know what is happening is the GCMS notes. But with what you have described, you are all good. You can try asking for medical extension, or else wait for CIC to ask you to re-do your medicals.
Thank you so much legal falcon for your unconditional support to the forum . Keep up the good work.
I have raised a cse as per your advice.Just want to know one more thing as to what is the maximum time taken so far to issue Ppr.?

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HiLegalfalcon,

I am filling the details in eAPR and need your help of following.

1. I have more than 14 years work experience in same NOC code. Also, I have roles and responsibilities letter from employer(s) for last 10 years ONLY and have just experience letters for older ones. Do I need to add all the employment details in the work history even though I got points for 5 years of Canada experience and 5 years of Foreign experience ?

2. In personal history, CIC instructions saying that add last 10 years. Do I need to ONLY add last 10 years (then it will be the same as my work history)?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dr.psr said:
Thanks gor your reply mate. I have itr already but after hearing this news from my friend i was kind of demoralized and wanted to know for sure if i can apply or not. But ur answer cheered me up. I have all my docs inc rent deeds, telephone and electricity bills, raw material bills, lab bills, my clinic installation bills and regular service bills, income tax details etc. Only problem is my 1st 2 year rend deeds are missing and i was thinking of making an affidavit which says that the said property was rented to me by shop owner from such dates for establishing my clinic. I can support this with patient details and xrays, my clinic installation bills etc. U think it will work?

1 more thing as i am owner of my clinic how will i show reference letters. From patients on my official letterhead. Shd they be hand written by patients or typed. I am googling it but so far had no luck of finding any info on reference letters for self employed dentists.
You can get an affidavit from the shop owner and supplement it with any X-ray payments, bills for your shop, medical equipment that you procured. For the reference letters you can ask your patients (5-10) to write a reference letter. However, make sure that the letters are not general in nature, but detail the service or the procedure that was given. In the reference letter they will have to add a line that they are willing to disclose the medical procedure so that you are not in violation of any medical ethics.

If you were a panel doctor for a company that will help, or if you offered free health camp, or were associated with a company for a few days to give dental medical services you can ask for a letter from them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
apache5021 said:
Thank you so much legal falcon for your unconditional support to the forum . Keep up the good work.
I have raised a cse as per your advice.Just want to know one more thing as to what is the maximum time taken so far to issue Ppr.?
Happy to help!

I do not have the exact statistics. But I am aware of a few applicants who are in touch with me, they have been waiting for over 1.5 years and one of them is about to reach 2 years.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ya9545 said:
HiLegalfalcon,

I am filling the details in eAPR and need your help of following.

1. I have more than 14 years work experience in same NOC code. Also, I have roles and responsibilities letter from employer(s) for last 10 years ONLY and have just experience letters for older ones. Do I need to add all the employment details in the work history even though I got points for 5 years of Canada experience and 5 years of Foreign experience ?
No, you only need for 5 years. You can add more, but anything more than 5, you won't get any extra points.

2. In personal history, CIC instructions saying that add last 10 years. Do I need to ONLY add last 10 years (then it will be the same as my work history)?
Personal history is where you have lived, travelled. Usually it is mimic your work history, but when you travel for vacation, you should add that to if you have the details and the visits were more than 7-10 days.

Thank you

SuperDuper

Dec 22, 2016
Hi - I really appreciate your response on this - I have an uncle here in Canada and EE file has asked me for a proof of relation. He does not have any birth certificate. The Canadian passport does not have fathers name on it and thus I cannot prove his relation to me through my father's passport. Can I get him to sign an affidavit stating I am his nephew and we attach our passports with it? Also he has a very old indian passport which he never returned that has a grandpa's name on it. What do you guys think. I am lil nervous about this!!

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
legalfalcon said:
You can get an affidavit from the shop owner and supplement it with any X-ray payments, bills for your shop, medical equipment that you procured. For the reference letters you can ask your patients (5-10) to write a reference letter. However, make sure that the letters are not general in nature, but detail the service or the procedure that was given. In the reference letter they will have to add a line that they are willing to disclose the medical procedure so that you are not in violation of any medical ethics.

If you were a panel doctor for a company that will help, or if you offered free health camp, or were associated with a company for a few days to give dental medical services you can ask for a letter from them.

Thanks man. I worked as a volunteer for an ngo. Will ask them. Thanks again mate

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
SuperDuper said:
Hi - I really appreciate your response on this - I have an uncle here in Canada and EE file has asked me for a proof of relation. He does not have any birth certificate. The Canadian passport does not have fathers name on it and thus I cannot prove his relation to me through my father's passport. Can I get him to sign an affidavit stating I am his nephew and we attach our passports with it? Also he has a very old indian passport which he never returned that has a grandpa's name on it. What do you guys think. I am lil nervous about this!!
Will your uncle in Canada have a school certificate, usually thy have fathers name. Or any document which has father's name. A self signed affidavit will not work. You will need to show a document from him where you can trace his father and through him show documents that show his father as your grandfather.

Without documentary proof, CIC will not be convinced.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello Legafalcon,
I would request you to please have a look at my notes and guide me.

Allow me to send an e-mail to you.

Thanks and regards'

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Hello Legafalcon,
I would request you to please have a look at my notes and guide me.

Allow me to send an e-mail to you.

Thanks and regards'
Check your PM

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply. So I need to enter all the 14 years work history and upload the experience letters for remaining experience where I don't have roles and responsibilities letter. OR do I need to enter only 10 years?

In personal history, system added my education and work history by default and most of these are more than 10 years old. Do I need to delete these and last 10 years?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ya9545 said:
Thank you for the reply. So I need to enter all the 14 years work history and upload the experience letters for remaining experience where I don't have roles and responsibilities letter. OR do I need to enter only 10 years?

In personal history, system added my education and work history by default and most of these are more than 10 years old. Do I need to delete these and last 10 years?
You will be asked to upload the experience letters for only the work history you have provided. For your personal history all you have to enter is where you lived and what you were doing during that time. There is no need for reference letters for personal history. What the system add, just leave it as it is. You will have specific sections for each work history declared where you will have to upload the reference letters.