Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Legalfalcon,

I completed my landing procedure on 7th Jan and I will receive my PR card anytime in the end of Feb, Now I want to travel out of Canada may be next week and planning to return by April, So What is the best time to apply for PRTD and how much time it will take? is it safe to do so? Plus I am travelling through US, and I have visitor visa for US too, So My concern is do they grant my transit without holding PR card?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
nvssuresh said:
Hi,

I need your suggestion on my situation as below:
I received my CSQ & applied for federal PR which is in process, waiting for AOR.

Currently i am on closed work permit working in Montreal, my current WP expires by Feb last week 2017.
My employer say i have to go back as i complete 5 years, i know they can extend my work permit with my CSQ, but they say they cannot do as per their policy with CSQ unless i have PR in hand.

Is there any way to get open work permit from border(as i have less time before my current work permit expires) without showing any employer offer, i have offer from my current employer which was 5 years old.
Please suggest me some better option.
To answer your question, NO you cannot get the BOWP from the border, you will have to apply based on the following:
Bridging Open Work Permit – Procedure, filling the application form and other aspects

This is a short guide for applicants applying for a BOWP. The manual to fill the application and the criteria therein is set forth in the manual available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp.

The first place to start is by verifying if you are eligible for applying for a BOWP. The eligibility criteria is as follows:

a) be currently in Canada;
b) have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
c) be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC, or one of the two caregiver classes;
d) have completed one of the following APR stages:
I. their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or In your case you have not yet reached this stage and it unlikely that you will before your WP expires

II. they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
e) have applied for an open work permit;
f) have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
g) have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

Once an applicant is eligible to apply, he should then gather the necessary documents that have to be enclosed along with the BOWP application form.

1. Application from IMM 5710. (If using an authorized representative you will also need IMM 5476 & IMM 5475)
2. Proof of Payment
3. Photocopies of passport biographical page.
4. Photocopy of your current immigration document.
5. Photocopy of your marriage certificate if applicable.
6. A copy of your AOR for the EE E-APR

If you are a PNC applicant you will also need the following in addition to the above:

1. Letter from the provincial government that confirms the province has nominated you.

In your case I would advise you to file your application for the BOWP. As soon as your WP expires, stop working and wait for the BOWP to be approved. It will be close, but as soon as your BOWP is approved, you can work for any employer.

Check this too:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
aniket2789 said:
Hi, It would be of immense help to me if you answer my question.My Case is as follows:
We are FSW outland applicants from INDIA
My Wife and Myself created express entry profiles in October 1st week. My wife received an ITA on October end. We have applied for that she being Principal and me being the dependent. AOR in mid DEC. Now her profile status after a month is medicals passed background check from not started to not needed.
Now in the last round of January I have recieved an ITA. I would like to know if I too can apply for PR as principal and she as dependent or Not? The reason me wanting to apply is below
We have stated a five year experience for her in NOC 1113. She is an MBA in Finance and works in back office in an indian company for credit suisse. But we are not sure whether embassy will consider that back office job as skilled or clerical.Since Clerical jobs are not for EE hence I am afraid.
Hence even I wish to apply if it is legal and permissible. Please guide us with your knowledge about whether I am allowed to apply or not?

Thanks and regards
Aniket.
Being married and not declaring that status is misrepresentation. You have the following two options:

1. When asked - "Is your spouse accompanying you?". answer YES In this case the maximum points you can get are 560/600 and your spouse can add 40/600 if you get their IELTS (up to 20 points) and ECA (up to 10 points) done and if they have Canadian work experience ( up to 10 points). Naturally, this would put you at a disadvantage when compared with single applicants because they are likely to score more than you ceteris paribus. But this option allows you to bring your spouse along to Canada when you get your PR.

2. SWhen asked - "Is your spouse accompanying you?".answer NO In this case, you can get the maximum of 600 on your own because the system won't consider your spouse as part of the application for all practical purposes. This might seem attractive till you consider that this will allow only you to travel to Canada and you'll have to then apply for spousal sponsorship which can take 12-24 months depending on a lot of factors.

Husband and Wife can create 2 independent EE profiles with each of them as the PA and the other spouse included but it is an exercise in futility except if you're using the 2 profiles to apply to 2 distinct immigration programs across provinces. If not, then you should instead calculate which profile gives you the highest points and create just that 1 profile.

Based on the above analysis, you can go ahead and decide what works best for you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
soye01 said:
hello LegalFalcon,

I just want to know how long it takes to get a PR after submission of medicals again based on the expiration of the previous one that was done

Spouse submitted application on Oct 20, 2015.

Added me to the application in Jan, 2016,
Add docs and medicals in May, 2016
Submitted all documents in May 2016
Spouse medical request again in Nov
Passed in November
Also our application was transferred to AVO in may 2016.

We havent heard from CIC since then and its quite tiring.

A
There is no set timeline that the CIC follows, and every application is treated differently. You should order GCMS notes to find at what stage your application is at and based upon that you will be able to estimate when you will receive the PR.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
legalfalcon said:
Are you filling a paper based application or an online one?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RockCan said:
Hello Legalfalcon,

I completed my landing procedure on 7th Jan and I will receive my PR card anytime in the end of Feb, Now I want to travel out of Canada may be next week and planning to return by April, So What is the best time to apply for PRTD and how much time it will take? is it safe to do so? Plus I am travelling through US, and I have visitor visa for US too, So My concern is do they grant my transit without holding PR card?

Thank you
CIC does not publish the timelines for PRTD as it is dependent on from which country you are applying and the processing time are based upon that. For the detailed procedure see <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp#5529E6>

If you will receive the PR card by Feb end, you can ask someone to ship it to where you are, this is the easiest way to avoid any hassles.

Also, check the thread on the forum which deals with discussing PRTD, and you can know the current processing times from the applicants who recently applied. However, I will suggest that you ask someone in Canada to mail your PR card to you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Just here to say thank you as well.. Read the responses and my questions got answered too.

Thank you too legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Fizar said:
Just here to say thank you as well.. Read the responses and my questions got answered too.

Thank you too legalfalcon
Appreciated! All the best!

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Legalfalcon,

I am preparing the documents for eAPR and need your help of following.

1. Received the employer reference letter as per CIC requirements (letter head, salary, work hours, roles and responsibilities), Do I need to submit payslips, T4 and Notice of Assessments also?

2. Received the Proof Of Funds letter as per CIC requirements (list of accounts, date opened, available balance, avg balance, letter head), Do I need to submit statements also?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ya9545 said:
Hello Legalfalcon,

I am preparing the documents for eAPR and need your help of following.

1. Received the employer reference letter as per CIC requirements (letter head, salary, work hours, roles and responsibilities), Do I need to submit payslips, T4 and Notice of Assessments also?
T4, payslips and notice of assessment are not required, but your tax returns help make your documents stronger. It will not hurt you submitting these documents, but not essential. But I would encourage you to submit your tax returns and if you don't have it, then T4 for last one year.

2. Received the Proof Of Funds letter as per CIC requirements (list of accounts, date opened, available balance, avg balance, letter head), Do I need to submit statements also?
No need for statement.Proof of Funds letter is sufficient.

Thank you

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
Hi legalfalcon
a friend of mine was given information by a consultant in new delhi that that if u have ur your personal clinic then you wont be granted P.r

Problem Explained:
A friend of mine went to a consultant in new delhi for express entry related info. We both have clinics and he asked the consultant how to prove Our experience as we r self employed and have our own clinic. Consultant bluntly rejected his case stating thatas a self employed dentists our process will be taken up but rejected at last step because we dont have salary slips. When he mentioned about me getting an ITA she said he will be rejected after application. She said its written on cic website that only salaried person will be granted pr. I couldn't find such thing on fsw site.

I have already spent money on ielts and wes etc i dont wana waste more money if Its true.

Do u have any idea if she is right?

Has any self employed dentist got pr?