Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sir
Greetings

I am now a great admirer of what you do for all the aspiring candidates for Canadian PR. I only started getting into forum this week and I cannot believe this could be such a great source of information. My name is Ramesh and I am a Nepalese national. I am currently in the EE pool. My sister is a Canadian PR holder currently living in Ontario province for last year with her family. I have booked for IELTS date on 4th March as I narrowly missed on CBL 9 level score on my last IELTS test. If I get to CBL 9 level my new CRS score will be 439 better yet the CBL level 10 will give me 445. In either case, the current trend gives us tremendous hope.

My question for you sir is in relation to my current work experience. I have MBA degree completed in 2015 and MSc in International Business completed in 2010 from Republic of Ireland. I lived in Ireland for 7.5 years as a student, which now I regret so much. My bachelor's degree is in Business as well (3 years) completed in 2006 from Nepal. My current work occupation specifies as a abroad study counselor, hence I have selected Education Counselor (NOC 4033) as my primary occupation. As I checked for the requirement for the qualification for education counselor on cic website, it says one needs to have a degree in either psychology or counselling. I am confused whether to keep continuing my job or look for business administration job immediately. I turned 31 last month and time is of essence for me. In order to be in the express entry pool I stretched my work experience back to October 2015, on the contrary I started working since May 2016. If I talked to HR manager he would mention the date and vouch for me if and when required. My roles and responsibilities matches to some extent but not so much. It is basically advising students for abroad study, Australia and NZL to be specific. Help them with writing SOP, helping with enrollment and visa procedures. It also involves many other activities. As I have still long way to go till I can get ITA, I am preparing best to the information I have gathered so far. I am also thinking about requesting my HR manager to issue me all work related documents stating I am working as a HR personnel which will be exact profession for my area of study. I need your advice what to do moving ahead. I don't even know if I need to have a licence to practise counseling, it definitely is not required here in Nepal.

Should I immediately quit this job and look for administration jobs which can give me points? I was also thinking about looking for administration related job elsewhere and ask my HR to make me work letter exactly as my new occupation. If I change job and have the same NOC for both job in different place, can I claim points for both jobs or I can only claim points for the individual employer?

I also applied for FSWP in 2014 in NOC 1111 for which I gained work experience years ago before I went to Ireland for my further studies. I don't have licence to practice as an accountant and neither you need one here in my country. My application was rejected at first as I didn't include work document stating my roles and responsibilities. I re-applied gathering missing documents and it was returned again as my application reached on the final day of submission, hence by that time 25,000 quota was already met. My question is I answered "No" to the question on application profile section - "Has Ramesh Thapa applied to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship before?". I guess the answer should be "Yes" rite!

When I left Ireland it was the day before my visa was due to expire, that wouldn't be a problem rite? Also when I left I left something like 450 euros on my credit card bill unpaid and the mobile phone bill as I had contract phone at the time. Will this create any problem for me in the future. I tried to look for the answer and I read since it is not a criminal case, I will have no problem acquiring Police Certificate from Ireland again, it will be my third in total.

Please help me with those questions sir. I tried to contact immigration consultant in Canada and all they say is you are eligible and ask for huge amount of money upfront without even giving a word of advice. Your answers will be hugely appreciated. Thanks a million.

Kind Regards
Ramesh Thapa

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Dear legal falcon, my aor is 10 jan 2017. Yesterday my meds passed with no additional doc required appearing in review of aubmitted documents. Significantly, my background check status is UNCHANGED. Not required is still appearing instead of not started). Can you explain why as this is not the norm generally.

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon ,
I am a CEC candidate who started working on July 7th,2014 to June 10th,2016 (1 year 11 months and 3 days experience). I have been awarded points for 2 years experience when technically I'm short of 27days, as CIC just calculates the months and not the days. My PGWP expired on June 10th, hence I had to stop working.

I have received an ITA on Jan 11th, 2017 for the points awarded. Please suggest what I should do. Anybody in a similar situation who applied and got approved?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
pr_s said:
Hi Legal falcon,
Need your opinion on following:
In my education history i wrote a tenure for my degree from 2010 to 2015.
But in my persoanl history i have written it as follows:
2010 -- 2011 PT studies
2012 -- 2014 PT STudies Resumed and Course Completed / Degree awarded.

Further i have mentioned in LOE that Education history dates are as per Transcript
Where as in persoanl history its bifercated Beacause between 2011--2012 i had gap year and wasnt actively studying.
and The degree finished in 2014 (personal History) but the membership from awarding body was given in 2014 (education History)
as i was not physically studying degree i ended it up it Personal History in 2013.

Is it ok? to show gap years in such a way in personal history
and Shall i restrict the entry to 2014 in persoanl history or shall i jot it down as 2015 as well to align Personal History and education History? and explain in LOE that i finished studies in 2014 but was granted membership in 2015

Waiting for your input
This would work. The personal history is only to find where you were and what you were involved in during that time. You also have a LoE which explains the situation, so I do not see a concern.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Thanks Legalfalcon, +1 for you! helpful as always :)
today is the 51st day post AOR, only medicals have passed. No news is good news, right? In ideal situations, R10 will be over by now, right?
I cannot say with certainty, but usually by this time R10 is complete. The best way to know the status of where your application is to order GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
KingKurly said:
Dear Sir
Greetings

I am now a great admirer of what you do for all the aspiring candidates for Canadian PR. I only started getting into forum this week and I cannot believe this could be such a great source of information. My name is Ramesh and I am a Nepalese national. I am currently in the EE pool. My sister is a Canadian PR holder currently living in Ontario province for last year with her family. I have booked for IELTS date on 4th March as I narrowly missed on CBL 9 level score on my last IELTS test. If I get to CBL 9 level my new CRS score will be 439 better yet the CBL level 10 will give me 445. In either case, the current trend gives us tremendous hope.

My question for you sir is in relation to my current work experience. I have MBA degree completed in 2015 and MSc in International Business completed in 2010 from Republic of Ireland. I lived in Ireland for 7.5 years as a student, which now I regret so much. My bachelor's degree is in Business as well (3 years) completed in 2006 from Nepal. My current work occupation specifies as a abroad study counselor, hence I have selected Education Counselor (NOC 4033) as my primary occupation. As I checked for the requirement for the qualification for education counselor on cic website, it says one needs to have a degree in either psychology or counselling. I am confused whether to keep continuing my job or look for business administration job immediately. I turned 31 last month and time is of essence for me. In order to be in the express entry pool I stretched my work experience back to October 2015, on the contrary I started working since May 2016. If I talked to HR manager he would mention the date and vouch for me if and when required. My roles and responsibilities matches to some extent but not so much. It is basically advising students for abroad study, Australia and NZL to be specific. Help them with writing SOP, helping with enrollment and visa procedures. It also involves many other activities. As I have still long way to go till I can get ITA, I am preparing best to the information I have gathered so far. I am also thinking about requesting my HR manager to issue me all work related documents stating I am working as a HR personnel which will be exact profession for my area of study. I need your advice what to do moving ahead. I don't even know if I need to have a licence to practise counseling, it definitely is not required here in Nepal.

Should I immediately quit this job and look for administration jobs which can give me points? I was also thinking about looking for administration related job elsewhere and ask my HR to make me work letter exactly as my new occupation. If I change job and have the same NOC for both job in different place, can I claim points for both jobs or I can only claim points for the individual employer?

Even if you quit now and find a new job, it will take you time to get points for it, which makes no sense. Try and find a NOC which has job duties that closely resemble what you do. To me it sounds more like a HR job, than a counselling job, even though you do that.

I also applied for FSWP in 2014 in NOC 1111 for which I gained work experience years ago before I went to Ireland for my further studies. I don't have licence to practice as an accountant and neither you need one here in my country. My application was rejected at first as I didn't include work document stating my roles and responsibilities. I re-applied gathering missing documents and it was returned again as my application reached on the final day of submission, hence by that time 25,000 quota was already met. My question is I answered "No" to the question on application profile section - "Has Ramesh Thapa applied to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship before?". I guess the answer should be "Yes" rite! Yes, since you filed your application before, the answer should be yeas and you should supplement wit with a Letter of Explanation giving out details of what happened to your previous applications.

When I left Ireland it was the day before my visa was due to expire, that wouldn't be a problem rite? Also when I left I left something like 450 euros on my credit card bill unpaid and the mobile phone bill as I had contract phone at the time. Will this create any problem for me in the future. I tried to look for the answer and I read since it is not a criminal case, I will have no problem acquiring Police Certificate from Ireland again, it will be my third in total. CIC is only concerned with immigration issues and defaulting on phone bills is neither a crime nor an immigration violation. So no need to worry on this aspect.

Please help me with those questions sir. I tried to contact immigration consultant in Canada and all they say is you are eligible and ask for huge amount of money upfront without even giving a word of advice. Your answers will be hugely appreciated. Thanks a million.

Kind Regards
Ramesh Thapa
I hope this helps, if you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.

snowface0214

Nov 21, 2016
toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/03/2017
Passport Req..
06/06/2017
legalfalcon said:
All the best!
Thank you Legalfalcon! +1 for your kind assistance :)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
I hope this helps, if you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.
+1 for you Sir. I can not being to tell how thankful I am to you. I sincerely apologize for lengthy message. I will try to keep it to the minimum.

I changed the previously applied to IRCC section as "Yes" and "No" to the applied for express entry before. In relation to work, I will see what occupation title suits me better with the current employment. I reckon as per your advice, HR Professional (NOC 1121) suits better for my current work even though it says counselor. I will have completed 1 year of work in May this year. I am planning to look for another job in any other company in HR profession. Pay is abysmal here even though I am department head. Eventually it will be the same NOC, given that I will find a job. If I do that, can I be able to collect points working in two different companies for same NOC occupation?

I learned from one of the post, someone has his CRS points increased automatically after 2 years of continued work. However, when I checked the CRS calculator, it doesn't give extra point for 2 years, only for 3 years. Is it true the CRS increases after 2 years Sir?

As my current occupation title says study counselor, I will ask my HR manager to state my occupation as a HR professional, how likely is it that CIC will make an enquiry to validate work documents? I learned from your previous posts that if the occupation matches educational qualification, it may be unlikely. I haven't been offered contract or appointment letter yet. Last week we were told we would be offered 1 year contract. My salary goes straight to my bank account after tax and PF deduction.

I have double master's degree from Ireland. However, I only have ECA for my first master's degree. I have disclosed both degree in my EE profile. Would it be necessary to make ECA from WES for second degree as well? My ECA report was issued in 2014. If, lets say I will need to submit my documents in 6-12 months from now, do I have to order a latest ECA report?

At last, I also have this thought growing in me. In May I will have 1 year of work experience. After that I am thinking of applying for visit visa for Canada. I will not have problem in relation to accommodation as my sister lives in Ontario. Is it a good idea that I go in a visit visa and look for a job which might give me a temporary work visa I guess. I would even join University program if possible. I know people have enrolled in college or University after landing in a visit visa in Australia and the US. Is it possible to change status from visitor to student while in Canada?

I am also studying French, currently in A2 beginner. I find it painful and the progress is slow as I work 6 days a week. Hence it is a distant dream to be eligible for Quebec program. However, I have renewed hope since I learned about French Speaking Program of Ontario aligned with EE. So I will continue learning French. I will also contact PE island once I finish my IELTS and if my score goes to 439 and by then French level 4 will also be completed. How likely would you say they could offer me a PNP?

I would like to thank you in advance Sir. You have been a great help to me already. Have a great weekend and thanks a million.

Kind Regards
Ramesh Thapa

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey Ramesh,

Your dedication and hard work is impressive! LegalFalcon will answer your questions, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm rooting for you - just reading through your posts tells me how much you've done to make a better life for yourself.

Damn, you'll probably be speaking fluent French in two years. I better start studying myself!

Good luck with everything. Perhaps we'll have a beer in Canada someday.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Hell legalfalcon,
I have a small query. I filed my application on 14.11.2016
Now I see on this forum that every stamped page of passport has to uploaded. Mine is a blank passport as I have never travelled outside my home country. As I have procured PCC twice, there are two stamps on my passport for PCC. Should I also upload them by raising CSe or is it fine without PCC stamping.
I have sent the PCC with my application, so they know that I have a valid PCc.

Thanks and regards

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi legalfalcon
back with a query,well my file was transferred to NDVO in july2016 .
My eligibility was cleared by ndvo soon after(as per the gcms notes)
After that they did not bother to touch my file as the security ,criminality check started in Nov.
just want to know how much time more to clear this stage considering the fact that my spouse (nonaccompanying) has military background?
Any input will be appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
KingKurly said:
+1 for you Sir. I can not being to tell how thankful I am to you. I sincerely apologize for lengthy message. I will try to keep it to the minimum.

I changed the previously applied to IRCC section as "Yes" and "No" to the applied for express entry before. In relation to work, I will see what occupation title suits me better with the current employment. I reckon as per your advice, HR Professional (NOC 1121) suits better for my current work even though it says counselor. I will have completed 1 year of work in May this year. I am planning to look for another job in any other company in HR profession. Pay is abysmal here even though I am department head. Eventually it will be the same NOC, given that I will find a job. If I do that, can I be able to collect points working in two different companies for same NOC occupation?
Yes, you can work for different companies and accumulate the work experience.

I learned from one of the post, someone has his CRS points increased automatically after 2 years of continued work. However, when I checked the CRS calculator, it doesn't give extra point for 2 years, only for 3 years. Is it true the CRS increases after 2 years Sir?
Yes, you get points for each year of work you put in up to a maximum of 5 or 6. But if you currently have 1 year of work experience, and you complete another year, your CRS score will go up.

As my current occupation title says study counselor, I will ask my HR manager to state my occupation as a HR professional, how likely is it that CIC will make an enquiry to validate work documents? I learned from your previous posts that if the occupation matches educational qualification, it may be unlikely. I haven't been offered contract or appointment letter yet. Last week we were told we would be offered 1 year contract. My salary goes straight to my bank account after tax and PF deduction.

Verification is the discretion of CIC. Something they have reasons to do it, sometime they do it randomly. However, if you take care and have all the documents in place, it is highly unlikely that they will verify your credentials.

I have double master's degree from Ireland. However, I only have ECA for my first master's degree. I have disclosed both degree in my EE profile. Would it be necessary to make ECA from WES for second degree as well? My ECA report was issued in 2014. If, lets say I will need to submit my documents in 6-12 months from now, do I have to order a latest ECA report?

You only get points for the education which has the ECA. If you have 2 masters degree and have done ECA for one, and your evaluation has been a Masters degree, there is no use getting it done for the other. However, I always advise getting it done for all degrees as you will need it when you apply for jobs in Canada.

At last, I also have this thought growing in me. In May I will have 1 year of work experience. After that I am thinking of applying for visit visa for Canada. I will not have problem in relation to accommodation as my sister lives in Ontario. Is it a good idea that I go in a visit visa and look for a job which might give me a temporary work visa I guess. I would even join University program if possible. I know people have enrolled in college or University after landing in a visit visa in Australia and the US. Is it possible to change status from visitor to student while in Canada?

You can definite ally for a work visa, but if the CIC knows that you are visiting to look for a job, that violates the visitors visa norms. So keep it simple and just say you are going to visit your sister.

I am also studying French, currently in A2 beginner. I find it painful and the progress is slow as I work 6 days a week. Hence it is a distant dream to be eligible for Quebec program. However, I have renewed hope since I learned about French Speaking Program of Ontario aligned with EE. So I will continue learning French. I will also contact PE island once I finish my IELTS and if my score goes to 439 and by then French level 4 will also be completed. How likely would you say they could offer me a PNP?

For PEI, they only give PNP to skills in need. Check their website. If your NOC is one that they need, you should get it.

I would like to thank you in advance Sir. You have been a great help to me already. Have a great weekend and thanks a million.

Kind Regards
Ramesh Thapa
Hope this helps!

Success2015

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
Jan 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2017
Passport Req..
April 20,2017
Hi Friends,

I had submitted my application on Jan 13 , 2017 under cec. Unfortunately, I had uploaded b&W PCC copy is it ok? however, In my passport page PCC stamp and signature is color.

Can i send color PCC through IRCC webform ?

Please help me in this situation.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Hell legalfalcon,
I have a small query. I filed my application on 14.11.2016
Now I see on this forum that every stamped page of passport has to uploaded. Mine is a blank passport as I have never travelled outside my home country. As I have procured PCC twice, there are two stamps on my passport for PCC. Should I also upload them by raising CSe or is it fine without PCC stamping.
I have sent the PCC with my application, so they know that I have a valid PCc.

Thanks and regards
You don't have to upload all pages of a passport. Only the biographical pages are required. Someone on the forum started this myth and it has since then hung on.

You are all good.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
apache5021 said:
Hi legalfalcon
back with a query,well my file was transferred to NDVO in july2016 .
My eligibility was cleared by ndvo soon after(as per the gcms notes)
After that they did not bother to touch my file as the security ,criminality check started in Nov.
just want to know how much time more to clear this stage considering the fact that my spouse (nonaccompanying) has military background?
Any input will be appreciated.
I cannot predict a timeline, but I can advise you to keep ordering GCMS notes. It takes a while for people with a military background to get the clearance, but in your case its been a long time and I hope you are pretty close to getting a passport request.