Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Happy new year legal falcon.

I do not have travel history. Never ever travelled outside India. Therefore, uploaded only bio pages of passport. rest entire passport is blank. Is it good to go or should I raise CSE for this attaching all the pages of passport. My understanding says it is not reqd. Plz correct me if I am wrong

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Happy new year legal falcon.

I do not have travel history. Never ever travelled outside India. Therefore, uploaded only bio pages of passport. rest entire passport is blank. Is it good to go or should I raise CSE for this attaching all the pages of passport. My understanding says it is not reqd. Plz correct me if I am wrong
No need to upload blank pages.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
Hope this answers your concerns.
Awesome ! Thank you once legalfalcon :)

q1234q

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Hi Legal Falcon,

Happy New Year!

I have some questions:

1. What should I bring to validate my COPR in the airport?
2. How should I fill out the Declaration Card. (http://www.cannyvr.ca/uploads/gallery/declarationcard.jpg)
- I don't have home address in Canada yet, should I fill in the address in my home country?
- in Part C, what should I fill on "Value of Good"? (it all used stuffs and hard to estimate current value)
- I also my personal effects will be shipped by Cargo. Should I click "yes" in I have unaccompanied good?
3. Can I request a rush issue of PR Card?
4. I would like my PR card ship to Vancouver but my destination is Toronto, is it possible? (I don't have friend in Toronto)
5. Regarding on my personal effects, is there anything I need to be aware?

Thanks.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi legalfalcon, thanks for help so far!

one more question please.

Is FBI PCC possible in 5 days? (claimed by jk consultancy India who are professionals for doing this and have been recommended on many forums.)

I just spoke to jk consultancy in Bangalore for finger printing and FBI PCC. They mentioned they have a service in which you get an email from FBI within 5 days. Charge for this is 300 USD. They also mentioned that you get a report via email and hard copy follows later. They were also very sure that this was completely legal and there is nothing wrong in this. Please advise.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey Asivad,
I have cousin in england and she doesn't have her passport with her and she wants to take ielts or any other exam of english if there is one which she can take with her passport?

British immigration has her passport from last 4 years

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
q1234q said:
Hi Legal Falcon,

Happy New Year!

I have some questions:

1. What should I bring to validate my COPR in the airport?
If you are flying to Canada from your home country, you will need the COPR, your passport (with visa, if you are not from visa exempt country), proof of funds (if you were required to submit them along with your application)

2. How should I fill out the Declaration Card. (http://www.cannyvr.ca/uploads/gallery/declarationcard.jpg)

When you fill your declaration card, remember you are not yet a PR until you finish your landing formalities.

- I don't have home address in Canada yet, should I fill in the address in my home country?
Provide your home country address.
- in Part C, what should I fill on "Value of Good"? (it all used stuffs and hard to estimate current value)
You will have to provide an approximate value. But don't be too concerned about it, as when you meet the officer you will let him know that you are there for landing and he will then ask you for your goods accompanying list and the list of goods accompanying you.

- I also my personal effects will be shipped by Cargo. Should I click "yes" in I have unaccompanied good?
"YES"

3. Can I request a rush issue of PR Card?
No. There is no way you can expedite the issue of PR card. You can check the current processing times http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp, currently it takes 50 days. Once way you can help streamline the process is by providing a Canadian address to the officer when you land. If you don't have one, you can give your friend's address, or a relatives. If you don't have that too, then you will have to update it when you have an address.

4. I would like my PR card ship to Vancouver but my destination is Toronto, is it possible? (I don't have friend in Toronto)
That is not an issue, you can ;and anywhere and provide any address in Canada where you want your PR card to be shipped.

5. Regarding on my personal effects, is there anything I need to be aware?
Just declare everything (accompanying and not accompanying), this is your only chance to get goods into Canada tax free, anything brought later will be taxed. Make sure you declare all jewellery, electronics, artifacts, and other expensive goods and provide a detailed description.

Thanks.
Hope this helps and have a happy new year!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Chef Sumit said:
Hi legalfalcon, thanks for help so far!

one more question please.

Is FBI PCC possible in 5 days? (claimed by jk consultancy India who are professionals for doing this and have been recommended on many forums.)

I just spoke to jk consultancy in Bangalore for finger printing and FBI PCC. They mentioned they have a service in which you get an email from FBI within 5 days. Charge for this is 300 USD. They also mentioned that you get a report via email and hard copy follows later. They were also very sure that this was completely legal and there is nothing wrong in this. Please advise.
I am sorry, I am not aware of this service. For me, I sent my card directly to FBI. Ask others on the forum who have used this service and see what they say. However, please remember, CIC needs a FBI PCC on the official FBI letterhead and the watermarked paper, so you need that or else the entire exercise will be waste. If JK is providing you with the results on the FBI letterhead that would be great.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
cheire said:
Hey Asivad,
I have cousin in england and she doesn't have her passport with her and she wants to take ielts or any other exam of english if there is one which she can take with her passport?

British immigration has her passport from last 4 years

Thank you
You can request the Indian Consulate to issue her a new one (or a temporary travel document), she can use that for the IELTS. Alternatively, you can contact IELTS and ask if they would accept any other documents.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Legalfalcon,

I got my PPR on 22nd Dec and I sent my PP on the same day, they received on 23rd Dec. my question is my PGWP is expiring on 7th Jan and I have to do landing before my WP expires right?? I'm positive that I will get my PP back in this week and do landing before my WP expires. Should I wait till the last day to apply for WP extension just in case I dont get my PP back??

Thank you

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
You can request the Indian Consulate to issue her a new one (or a temporary travel document), she can use that for the IELTS. Alternatively, you can contact IELTS and ask if they would accept any other documents.
Bro got my wife passport back few days ago and yes he medical and visa expire date is same

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi legalfalcon thanks once again.

I am in Sri Lanka, i m an Indian national...
I am planning to apply for Indian PCC from Indian consulate tomorrow however I am also travelling to India for 5 days in mid of Jan.

Is it still ok to apply for PCC from Indian consulate or I should apply once I come back. The thing is I travel to India once a month and I was confused as CIC website mentioned that "you must obtain PCC after you last lived in that country." Now does last lived also means last travelled?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RockCan said:
Hello Legalfalcon,

I got my PPR on 22nd Dec and I sent my PP on the same day, they received on 23rd Dec. my question is my PGWP is expiring on 7th Jan and I have to do landing before my WP expires right?? I'm positive that I will get my PP back in this week and do landing before my WP expires. Should I wait till the last day to apply for WP extension just in case I dont get my PP back??

Thank you
No need to worry, as long as you receive the PPR you are now on deemed status and need no apply for a WP extension, this is because your PR application has been approved and your PP will be back before your PGWP extension is approved anyway. Make sure that as soon as you get your PP back, finish the landing formalities.

All the best and congratulations!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Chef Sumit said:
hi legalfalcon thanks once again.

I am in Sri Lanka, i m an Indian national...
I am planning to apply for Indian PCC from Indian consulate tomorrow however I am also travelling to India for 5 days in mid of Jan.

Is it still ok to apply for PCC from Indian consulate or I should apply once I come back. The thing is I travel to India once a month and I was confused as CIC website mentioned that "you must obtain PCC after you last lived in that country." Now does last lived also means last travelled?
If you are a resident of Sri Lanka (i.e. if your stay there for work or studies and that is your domicile presently) you will have to apply for the PCC through the Indian Consulate in Sri Lanka. If I get you, you are only traveling to India for a short duration and then will return back to Sri Lanka. Last lived here means that you had an intention to stay in a country for a prolonged duration. Vacations and short visits do not count.

Hope this helps and answers your question.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
If you are a resident of Sri Lanka (i.e. if your stay there for work or studies and that is your domicile presently) you will have to apply for the PCC through the Indian Consulate in Sri Lanka. If I get you, you are only traveling to India for a short duration and then will return back to Sri Lanka. Last lived here means that you had an intention to stay in a country for a prolonged duration. Vacations and short visits do not count.

Hope this helps and answers your question.
Thanks legalfalcon..this is very helpful.. I work in Sri Lanka and go to India once a month to see my parents for 4-5 days. So in that case I will not wait and will apply for Indian PCC from Indian consulate in Sri Lanka..