+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gunners said:
hey did you get your PPR yet? Already sent you the timeline in the inbox..
Sorry man. I never got your timeline in my inbox.

Can you please send me your timeline again ?

No. I am still waiting for ppr

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Gunners said:
Once the PPR request we submit the passport physically and just upload the PP bio page and stamped pages in the MY CIC site?

The receiving that we would get from the local visa office would be only for our records right?
You only submit the passport physically to your LVO, you don't have to upload the bio pages as you have done already when you filed your application. This is only if you need a visa to enter Canada.

If you are from a visa exempt country, you only have to upload the bio pages.

Hope this answers your question.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,

We are a couple from Egypt, we got ITA under FSW stream but we don't know what should be mentioned in our medical report client detail:

Husband is the principal applicant, would you please tell us who should be EDE AND NIN EDE, Family or worker?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
DIbraheem said:
Hi legalfalcon,

We are a couple from Egypt, we got ITA under FSW stream but we don't know what should be mentioned in our medical report client detail:

Husband is the principal applicant, would you please tell us who should be EDE AND NIN EDE, Family or worker?
Husband: NON-EDE Worker
Wife: EDE- Family

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
DIbraheem said:
Hi legalfalcon,

If you are applying under FSW, your medical report should have it as a "WORKER" and NON EDE

EDE: Excessive Demand Exempt

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

However, EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public health;
•Danger to public safety.

Non-EDE

Non-EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public safety;
•Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

Fore Express entry is it NON EDE.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
legalfalcon said:
If you are applying under FSW, your medical report should have it as a "WORKER" and NON EDE

EDE: Excessive Demand Exempt

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

However, EDE clients are assessed for
•Danger to public safety.

Non-EDE

Non-EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public safety;
•Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

Fore Express entry is it NON EDE.
Thank you again Legalfalcon for your help. Excuse us for our repeated question, but we still dont know if spouse is to be Non-EDE Worker as the main applicant, or she should be EDE Family.

Emed should be updated to reflect the EE system, i think Family was used for PR while Workers and Students were for temporary streams. I think this topic needs more attention especially that so-called designated panels are sometimes unsure what type to use; hence the confusion ::)

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Legalfalcon,

I have a question regarding FBI PCC. I currently live in an island where I couldn't find any professional agency from where I can get finger printing done or get a FD 258 card.

So can I print a FD 258 on A4 sheet and do the fingerprinting myself? I have seen a couple of videos on youtube and I am confident that I can do it myself, but does FBI accept fingerprints on regular A4 sheet.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Chef Sumit said:
Dear Legalfalcon,

I have a question regarding FBI PCC. I currently live in an island where I couldn't find any professional agency from where I can get finger printing done or get a FD 258 card.

So can I print a FD 258 on A4 sheet and do the fingerprinting myself? I have seen a couple of videos on youtube and I am confident that I can do it myself, but does FBI accept fingerprints on regular A4 sheet.
You can, as long as you have the same dimensions of FD 258, however you are risking too much. If FBI rejects it, you will be in trouble as you will have to reapply which will put you back by almost 4 months. I am not sure where you live, but if you get in touch with the nearest US consulate, I am sure they will be able to guide you, or alternatively try contacting FBI directly.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you are doing well and wish you a happy new year and the best for 2017 !

I had a question about passport validity/renewal (can't remember where i read about this before). My current situation is as below....

E-APR submitted on Nov 20th, 2016 and AOR received same day.

Initial status of application was :

Application/Profile Status = Open
Review of Eligibility = Review In Progress
Review of Medical Results = Not Needed at this time
Review of Submitted Docs = <<blank>>
Scheduling an Interview = Not Needed at this time
A Background Check is needed = Not Needed at this time
Final Decision = Not Started

Today (Dec 31st, 2016), status changed as below (changes in bold) :

Review of Medical Results = Passed
Review of Submitted Docs = No additional documents are needed at this time
A Background Check is needed = Not Started

Now,
My assumption is: Things progress without any issues and I get approved for PR and get PPR request down the road in 2017, let's say somewhere between Feb'17 to May'17. Then i would have to submit my passport for the visa stamp and COPR letter at that time. However, my current passport (Indian), is expiring in Jan'18 which means it will be "< 1 year validity left/remaining" at time of PPR and COPR and short landing next year.

Should i renew my passport prior to my submitting passport on receiving PPR ? (i believe it is eligible for renewal around last week of Jan'17).

Also, is there some guidance documentation regarding passport validity either here or on CIC website i can look at on this ?

Thank you for your help once again !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you are doing well and wish you a happy new year and the best for 2017 !

I had a question about passport validity/renewal (can't remember where i read about this before). My current situation is as below....

E-APR submitted on Nov 20th, 2016 and AOR received same day.

Initial status of application was :

Review of Medical Results = Not Needed at this time
Review of Submitted Docs = <<blank>>
A Background Check is needed = Not Needed at this time

Today (Dec 31st, 2016), status changed as below (changes in bold) :

Review of Medical Results = Passed
Review of Submitted Docs = No additional documents are needed at this time
A Background Check is needed = Not Started

Now,
My assumption is: Things progress without any issues and I get approved for PR and get PPR request down the road in 2017, let's say somewhere between Feb'17 to May'17. Then i would have to submit my passport for the visa stamp and COPR letter at that time. However, my current passport (Indian), is expiring in Jan'18 which means it will be "< 1 year validity left/remaining" at time of PPR and COPR and short landing next year.

Should i renew my passport prior to my submitting passport on receiving PPR ? (i believe it is eligible for renewal around last week of Jan'17).

Also, is there some guidance documentation regarding passport validity either here or on CIC website i can look at on this ?

Thank you for your help once again !
Not an issue at all and not hing to worry. Go ahead and get your passport renewed. Once you receive your new passport, you can send a CSE with the scanned bio pages of the passport. Get it done now, as once you get the PPR, you will have to have to send a PP which is valid for 6 months of more.

iraq85

Dec 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Chef Sumit said:
Dear Legalfalcon,

I did it myself don't worry, remember to send at least 5 different sets of FD 258 as sometimes one of them may show unclear prints for some fingers and hence other sets can serve as backup.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
Not an issue at all and not hing to worry. Go ahead and get your passport renewed. Once you receive your new passport, you can send a CSE with the scanned bio pages of the passport. Get it done now, as once you get the PPR, you will have to have to send a PP which is valid for 6 months of more.
Thank you !

Just to clarify on the part marked in BOLD above.....

1. Is this URL/form the same as the CSE you are referring to ? - i searched our forum and found this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767

2. Can you confirm my understanding as to why this CSE is required ? ...... i believe the reason the CSE is required is because my EE profile/application had details/pdf of my old passport, so this is something i would need to do before responding to PPR and sending the new passport.... so that my Local visa office does not get confused as to why it is receiving a different passport than what was expected ?

3. Do we get any acknowledgement in response to the CSE (i have read on another thread that only response is your 'application is in process'??
- 3rd question is due to thinking about the following timing scenario: I want to be sure that local visa office is aware that they will be getting the new passport ? - reason i ask is that i cannot start renewal process before end of Jan'17 and possibly might only receive the new passport at similar time of PPR (to which we have only 1 month to respond). I am also guessing i should write a physical letter along with the passport to LVO, referencing the CSE submitted. Any such problems that could arise in such a situation ? / would you still advise to go ahead and renew ASAP ?

Sorry, just getting all kinds of random timing/scenario thoughts in my head as i write this :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
Thank you !

Just to clarify on the part marked in BOLD above.....

1. Is this URL/form the same as the CSE you are referring to ? - i searched our forum and found this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767

Yes, this is the form that you will need to send a CSE.

2. Can you confirm my understanding as to why this CSE is required ? ...... i believe the reason the CSE is required is because my EE profile/application had details/pdf of my old passport, so this is something i would need to do before responding to PPR and sending the new passport.... so that my Local visa office does not get confused as to why it is receiving a different passport than what was expected ?

To communicate with the CIC after you have filed the application, the only way is to send a CSE and with the CSE, the form allows you to upload documents. The CSE asked for your file details and you documents are added to your file faster instead of sending aan email, which is always risky as it might take too long.

3. Do we get any acknowledgement in response to the CSE (i have read on another thread that only response is your 'application is in process'??
- 3rd question is due to thinking about the following timing scenario: I want to be sure that local visa office is aware that they will be getting the new passport ? - reason i ask is that i cannot start renewal process before end of Jan'17 and possibly might only receive the new passport at similar time of PPR (to which we have only 1 month to respond). I am also guessing i should write a physical letter along with the passport to LVO, referencing the CSE submitted. Any such problems that could arise in such a situation ? / would you still advise to go ahead and renew ASAP ?

Yes, every CSE is acknowledged. They will let you know the the CSE have been received, they do not send a detailed response like your documents have been added, as it creates extra work for CIC. You don't have to file any physical letter, the more documents you send, you are delaying your own file. Keep the communication to a minimum and for only something that is necessary. In a scenario where your receive the PPR before your PP us renewed, you can ask for an extension and CIC has no objection in giving an extension for a dew weeks.

Sorry, just getting all kinds of random timing/scenario thoughts in my head as i write this :)
Hope this answers your concerns.