Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rafzy said:
Hi Legal Falcon,

Based on the above data, I have following few queries in my mind and would be thankful if your can please answer them:

1. My application Background check status switched to "IN PROGRESS" 3 days before i got RPRF request from LVO. Is it normal for FSW-Outland applicants ?
Yes, when you receive the RPRF request, that means that your A11.2 (eligibility) has been met and after that the BGC is the only thing that is left. Usually people see BGC go in progress around this time.

2. The RPRF letter that I got from LVO states that my application has been found eligible under the category in which it was applied (which was FSW-Outland).

A) Is this some copy past letter the LVO sends to all of its applicants ?
This is a generic letter which goes out to everyone.
B) By Eligibility meeting, Does LVO mean that my application has met FSW Eligibility requirements both from CIO and LVO ?
The eligibility is usually done at CIO level and then the application comes to LVO. At the LVO level there may be further check that maybe does, but usually the application is sent to the LVO after the eligibility unless the agents at CIO find some issues and want the LVO to cross check the details.

3. I have paid RPRF on 19th Decemer and Uploaded the Receipt on the same day on MYCIC as instructed by LVO in the RPRF Letter. However, till this day my document status is "Provided" and why not "Received" ?
It will take time for you to see a change. It depends on when the agent next picks up your application. Nothing to be concerned about.

4. Regarding Admissibility Reviews, What checks do they do and how long it takes usually for an FSW-Outland applicant ?
The BGC is conducted by CSIS and usually takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. The average is 2-4 weeks. But it varies from application to application.

5. How soon can I expect a PPR email from LVO or CIC ?
Based on the information you have provided, you are almost close to getting the PPR. I would estimate anywhere from 3-6 weeks. But please be advised that each application is different and no prediction can be made. Any progress in your application is a good news. You are closer than ever and have patience.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Rafzy
Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Hi Legalfalcon
I have my AOR since 6 December, but yet I don't have the UCI. How can I get it?

Thanks
Usually the AoR does not have UCI number. It will be available in subsequent communication. For all reasons as long as you have the file number you can get all information you need. Wait for another communication and you will have your UCI in that. If you need a UCI for a specific issue, you can send a CSE and ask them to let you know your UCI.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ferasz said:
Hi Legalfalcon
I have my AOR since 6 December, but yet I don't have the UCI. How can I get it?

Thanks
You can email Canada Ottawa Immigration office (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and they will provide you with UCI number within 4 to 5 days. In your email to Ottawa office, you need to mention your Express Entry profile number, full name and passport number for all the members listed in your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Stanlee said:
You can email Canada Ottawa Immigration office (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and they will provide you with UCI number within 4 to 5 days. In your email to Ottawa office, you need to mention your Express Entry profile number, full name and passport number for all the members listed in your application.
I disagree with your suggested solution.

Check this <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp>

Use this CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca e-mail to ask CPC-O about a Permanent Resident case.
After you have sent your e-mail, you will receive an automatic message acknowledging that we have received your question. This message will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered. If you do not receive this message within 24 hours, then it may be in your junk mail box or you may have entered your email address incorrectly.
It clearly mentions that if you have filed your application from within Canada or the United states you can email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to ask about your application. The application upon filing goes to the central processing there the R10 completeness check is done before it is sent to case processing centers for eligibility checks.

In this case raising a CSE would be the best way to go.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Stanlee said:
The UCI number that CPC will send will be different than the one that you will get during any communication with CIC.

This happened in my case.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
legalfalcon said:
I disagree with your suggested solution.

Check this <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp>

It clearly mentions that if you have filed your application from within Canada or the United states you can email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to ask about your application. The application upon filing goes to the central processing there the R10 completeness check is done before it is sent to case processing centers for eligibility checks.

In this case raising a CSE would be the best way to go.
Not sure about it as I got my UCI after writing to the above email address.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rafzy said:
The UCI number that CPC will send will be different than the one that you will get during any communication with CIC.

This happened in my case.
Not sure why it is different.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
legalfalcon said:
Hope this helps!
Thank you for your detailed reply ... !

Can you also please tell me what is CSIS ?

Also if im not wrong, isn't eligibility check is conducted at CIO and later again at LVO before RPRf submission request is sent to applicant ?

Im confused here because of the FSW apps processing steps past submission mentioned on cic website at following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

Really appreciate your feedback

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
legalfalcon said:
Usually the AoR does not have UCI number. It will be available in subsequent communication. For all reasons as long as you have the file number you can get all information you need. Wait for another communication and you will have your UCI in that. If you need a UCI for a specific issue, you can send a CSE and ask them to let you know your UCI.
Thank you. I don't need it for something urgent, but there is this service online that it says check application status and that it is updated daily, I though to look into it to see if there anything different from what MyCIC profile shows. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

I have crossed the 20 days mark since my AOR, the eligibility is in progress. This looks good right? because if application is incomplete, it could have been rejected by now? I know can't generalize but just a thought...

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Stanlee said:
Not sure why it is different.
In my case, both the UCI numbers were entirely different.

Maybe its because that the UCI number i intially got was from CIO and later the UCI number was from London VO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rafzy said:
In my case, both the UCI numbers were entirely different.

Maybe its because that the UCI number i intially got was from CIO and later the UCI number was from London VO.
The UCI is a unique number and cannot be different. You will have to raise a CSE and confirm with CIC. However, this is not a big issue.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rafzy said:
Thank you for your detailed reply ... !

Can you also please tell me what is CSIS ?

Also if im not wrong, isn't eligibility check is conducted at CIO and later again at LVO before RPRf submission request is sent to applicant ?

Im confused here because of the FSW apps processing steps past submission mentioned on cic website at following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

Really appreciate your feedback
CSIS is Canadian Security Intelligence Service. Its an intelligence organization that conducts BGC for immigration applicants. Its something similar to what CIA is for the US.

The applications go to CPO (Central Processing Office) where the R10 (completeness check) is done. Then The application go to CPO (Case processing Office) where the eligibility check is done. Only after this are the applications sent to LVO. Now where the eligibility check happens would also depend on what kind of program is an applicant applying for, eg. FSW, PNP, CEC etc.

For some applicants the eligibility check is always done at the LVO level which is country specific, for others it happens at CPO. Only after the eligibility check is complete, will the RPRF be sent.

Since CIC does not publish this, the only way to find is by GCMS notes and even this information I am providing is based on trends i have seen in GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Thank you. I don't need it for something urgent, but there is this service online that it says check application status and that it is updated daily, I though to look into it to see if there anything different from what MyCIC profile shows. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

I have crossed the 20 days mark since my AOR, the eligibility is in progress. This looks good right? because if application is incomplete, it could have been rejected by now? I know can't generalize but just a thought...
This service is no longer available. It was available to candidates who applied for EE in early 2015, but since August 2015 it is not available. This was because the application processing was moved to GCMS which is not linked to this.

The only sure way to know the progress is to order GCMS notes, which I usually suggest would be done 1.5 months after the application is filed.

At this stage, your R10 must be complete, but not your A11.2 (eligibility).

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Once the PPR request we submit the passport physically and just upload the PP bio page and stamped pages in the MY CIC site?

The receiving that we would get from the local visa office would be only for our records right?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gunners said:
Once the PPR request we submit the passport physically and just upload the PP bio page and stamped pages in the MY CIC site?

The receiving that we would get from the local visa office would be only for our records right?
Hey bro... Can you please tell us your timeline ?