+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
You can use any credit card, be it your own, or anyone' else's. It does not matter.
Thank you so much for your response. I was able to submit my application thanks to your help! I have one worry however, please could you clarify each of the 3 following briefly, it would really help me sleep easier:

In the e-APR : 'how much money will you bring to Canada' I entered 14000 CAD. I got 100% of the amount as a gift deed and showed about 15300$ in my bank letter. Now my worry is:

1. Will the case officer ONLY need to satisfy themselves that I have the minimum 13,310$ for 1 person? (I am the sole applicant)
2. I only have one bank account in which the money is sitting. Should I make sure my balance NEVER dips below 14000 OR 13,310 TILL (if) I land in Canada?
3. I need to use some of that 15300 for my day to day expenses. I know you have mentioned in the past that the currency rate on the date of the AOR is what counts, is that still true? If I have 14000 dollars equivalent in INR (as of the day of AOR) sitting in my account till landing, even if the currency fluctuates a lot, will I have any issues?

Just worried a lot as I don't want to raise any webforms or update my POF unless really necessary. Thank you so so much again.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Thanks a lot
So is it fine With the LOE, i show my transcripts that shows my country of residence address?
Or a certificate that says it a distant learning to support my letter?
Hello, I'm currently in the same situation. I mentioned country of education as England but it was a distant learning program like yours. Now they want PCC from UK. Can you please share your experience how did you do it?

I'm thinking to submit LoE that it was a distant learning program never visited UK to study this diploma so PCC isn't required, also I have original certificate scan copy from Pearson which shows the local institute name as well, would that be enough?

Any help is appreciated!

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello, I'm currently in the same situation. I mentioned country of education as England but it was a distant learning program like yours. Now they want PCC from UK. Can you please share your experience how did you do it?

I'm thinking to submit LoE that it was a distant learning program never visited UK to study this diploma so PCC isn't required, also I have original certificate scan copy from Pearson which shows the local institute name as well, would that be enough?

Any help is appreciated!
Hi, I mentioned education as England (by correspondence)
after that they didnt ask for the PCC.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hi, I mentioned education as England (by correspondence)
after that they didnt ask for the PCC.
Well, I cannot edit it, as its a work permit application form which I filled and now they want PCC from England for that particular credential.

Do you think explaining it in LoE and sharing the original certificate scan copy which states the name of the local institute would be sufficient?

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, may I have a question regarding the schedule A request for the CEC applicant? Does IRCC always ask this for a reason? Do they randomly select applicants to provide this form again? I got a request and have double-checked to ensure I did not get anything wrong on my eAPR. Many of my friends got this request and basically put the same information they had before. Do you have any insights into why IRCC ask for this form again? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, may I have a question regarding the schedule A request for the CEC applicant? Does IRCC always ask this for a reason? Do they randomly select applicants to provide this form again? I got a request and have double-checked to ensure I did not get anything wrong on my eAPR. Many of my friends got this request and basically put the same information they had before. Do you have any insights into why IRCC ask for this form again? Thanks
IRCC can ask for Sec A when there is something missing, IRCC wants to re-confirm the entered details, or get the most updated information, on your history.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your response. I was able to submit my application thanks to your help! I have one worry however, please could you clarify each of the 3 following briefly, it would really help me sleep easier:

In the e-APR : 'how much money will you bring to Canada' I entered 14000 CAD. I got 100% of the amount as a gift deed and showed about 15300$ in my bank letter. Now my worry is:

1. Will the case officer ONLY need to satisfy themselves that I have the minimum 13,310$ for 1 person? (I am the sole applicant)
2. I only have one bank account in which the money is sitting. Should I make sure my balance NEVER dips below 14000 OR 13,310 TILL (if) I land in Canada?
3. I need to use some of that 15300 for my day to day expenses. I know you have mentioned in the past that the currency rate on the date of the AOR is what counts, is that still true? If I have 14000 dollars equivalent in INR (as of the day of AOR) sitting in my account till landing, even if the currency fluctuates a lot, will I have any issues?

Just worried a lot as I don't want to raise any webforms or update my POF unless really necessary. Thank you so so much again.

1. YEs. You only have to meet the minimum PoF.

2. You should have the fund available at all times. IRCC can ask for an updated PoF and you may also be required to show the PoF when you land in Canada. See https://bit.ly/3hrPxyR

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I am currently outside Canada and my relative haven't received the PR card yet.
on my CIC account it showed approved and mailed and its already been 6 weeks now.

Do I need to inform IRCC about this?If yes, by sending webform or any other way?
Can i send solemn declaration form while being outside Canada?

Last edited:

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, I get connected to an IRCC agent and was told that my security is in progress, all others are passed. Is it an indication of SS? (I received an sch A request days ago). I heard that security should never be "in progress" and the regular check is fast. I have a pretty clean history. lived in Canada for study and work for more than 8 years

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I get connected to an IRCC agent and was told that my security is in progress, all others are passed. Is it an indication of SS? (I received an sch A request days ago). I heard that security should never be "in progress" and the regular check is fast. I have a pretty clean history. lived in Canada for study and work for more than 8 years
All applications go through security screening. Only some applications go into enhanced security screening. SS will show in progress for applications, though the turnaround is quick. It is difficult to gauge just from the conversation whether your application is in enhanced SS or not.

You can request your CBSA notes, as they usually do not redact security-related details. It would enable you to know when the SS started and how long it has been in progress. If the SS has been in progress for more than 3-5 months, your application may be in enhanced SS.

You can also read the SS manual available at https://bit.ly/3LYFJWZ

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
All applications go through security screening. Only some applications go into enhanced security screening. SS will show in progress for applications, though the turnaround is quick. It is difficult to gauge just from the conversation whether your application is in enhanced SS or not.

You can request your CBSA notes, as they usually do not redact security-related details. It would enable you to know when the SS started and how long it has been in progress. If the SS has been in progress for more than 3-5 months, your application may be in enhanced SS.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon
May I ask what would be the turnaround time if it is just a standard check by CSIS?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon
May I ask what would be the turnaround time if it is just a standard check by CSIS?
If you read the manual, 110 days is quoted for an average SS. However, if your application gets enhanced, there are no timelines. It will depend on how much info needs to be vetted, how long it will take for the agencies, the number of applications pending, etc.

In most cases, the turnaround time is 3-7 months, unless your case is an exceptional one, then it can take 1-2 years, but very rare. See Almuhtadi v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration).

In the above case, the application was filed in 2016, and until 2021, it was still pending.

You can read more such cases here.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon
I would be grateful for your advice on this following issue.

I received my PR in 2021 and I am considering applying spouse sponsorship for my common law partner in a few months

Before filling out the sponsorship form, I reviewed my PR application details ( I had taken screenshots of the application pages that I submitted) the other day and I noticed that I forgot to include one employment as Software Engineer which lasted 3 weeks (for which I did not claim any points) in Personal History. The missing employment was within a gap of 4 months for which I wrote "unemployed". In other words, first three months I was unemployed and I worked for three weeks in the fourth month, And I wrote "unemployed" for the entire 4 months gap. It was an honest mistake and the missing employment was 4 years ago.

However, The Tax record I submitted along with the application did show the missing employment and the entire employment period (3 weeks)

My question is, Is this considered misrepresentation? Do You think it is necessary to update my personal history by sending a webform even though my PR has been granted? I am not sure if this will work or have any adverse effect.

The reason I am asking this question is I am concerned if they will revoke my pr when I make any future applications (sponsorship or citizenship) in which there is some inconsistent information when compared to my pr application. I am going to declare the missing employment for every application in the future if required.

Thank you so much for reading this. Appreciate your advice

Last edited:

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I am currently outside Canada and my relative haven't received the PR card yet.
on my CIC account it showed approved and mailed and its already been 6 weeks now.

Do I need to inform IRCC about this?If yes, by sending webform or any other way?
Can i send solemn declaration form while being outside Canada?
@legalfalcon , appreciate your input

ALEX.BIRSEN

Nov 10, 2022
Hello @legalfalcon need your inputs :)

I have three years work permit and my spouse has a SOWP based on my job valid for the same duration.

I lost my job this week and now I am looking for a new job. Can my spouse still work during this time?

In brief, can my spouse who is on SOWP still work, if I am unemployed?