+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
@legalfalcon Hi sir, my family member's PR application is stuck at the medical review process. Are you familiar with how it goes if an applicant's cancer diagnosis has been confirmed? The applicant got a suspicious Xray so IRCC requested a CT scan. Then They requested a biopsy report which we did submit (and the biopsy report confirmed the cancer).
We don't know what will be the next request from IRCC medical team. I heard there will be a procedural fairness letter (medical excessive expense) but it should be the last step, right? They will request something else before sending out that letter--it is what we understand how it is going. We really need your insight sir. Please help. Thank you so much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon , I was pointed here by one of the kind members of the forum; thank you for the amazing work you do here! I know the holiday period is a hectic one, but I would very much appreciate it if you could give me a few pointers regarding my case.

I'm currently in Canada and have been approved as a permanent resident since September 21, 2022 (Confirmed by GCMS notes received on Dec 9, 2022). Originally, a COPR was issued to be picked up at the border, but since I got to Canada before it was issued, it was then "converted" to an Online landing procedure.

I then declared my address and gave my photos while in Canada. My VO is Calgary. It's known to have had backlog problems for a while now, as per reading other forum posts. Case in point, I haven't received my eCOPR after almost 3 months.

I just finished a student exchange and must leave the country, as my tourist status is slowly coming to an end and have stuff to tie up elsewhere in the immediate future (status that you enter the country with when you're from a visa exempt country and your exchange is < 6 months).

However, I could probably hold out for a few more months. Do you think it would be wise to stay in Canada until the eCOPR is issued or inform IRCC from the outside to try for a landing procedure from the outside, once again?

pagalo

Mar 31, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I am SINP nominee, and our application for PR was approved. We will move to Saskatchewan next year. However, in the SINP application and IRCC application, we mentioned the city of destination was Regina. Thus, the city of destination in our COPRs is Regina. However, after careful research, we would like to land in Saskatoon. Does it cause a problem to our PNP obligations? I mean do we allow to land in a different city but in the same province (Saskatchewan)?

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have a query,

I am on closed work permit with an employer in montreal , now another employer from montreal is ready to apply my closed work permit LMIA ,
in case of approval , will i have two closed work permits , or my first one will be cancelled ?

Please help

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, I applied for my husbands sposual PR application (outland) in October’22. But today i received an email from IRCC saying the category selected is unclear. I revisited my application in portal and i have selected inland category in Document checklist due to which this issue has come. Also, the mail says that “cases under which class under which you are applying is not clear, we return application along with Processing fee”. Now should i share correct checklist with them or do i need to resubmit the whole application once i get the refund of processing fee.
Please advice.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
In news recently, it says many applications are tagged to officers who are inactive (meaning they left ircc) and can cause delay. In that case, what can we do?

How can I reach NDVO office through phone? Is there a contact?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

visaseeker786

Aug 31, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon
I got nomination certificate from my respective province and 600 points also got added to my express entry profile. Before getting PNP nomination I had mentioned that I have Canadian job offer letter for which 50 points got added in my express entry profile. I could see that those 50 points are not relevant anymore as maximum points in that Additional points section are 600 so I am thinking to remove “Arranged Employment “ or offer letter points from my profile. Will it effect my express entry profile? Has anyone faced such scenario. I want to remove Canadian job offer to save documents and as my organization also does not provide offer in IRCC prescribed format. Please suggest

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I got nomination certificate from my respective province and 600 points also got added to my express entry profile. Before getting PNP nomination I had mentioned that I have Canadian job offer letter for which 50 points got added in my express entry profile. I could see that those 50 points are not relevant anymore as maximum points in that Additional points section are 600 so I am thinking to remove “Arranged Employment “ or offer letter points from my profile. Will it effect my express entry profile? Has anyone faced such scenario. I want to remove Canadian job offer to save documents and as my organization also does not provide offer in IRCC prescribed format. Please suggest
You can get an additional 600 points, which can be either from PNP or arranged employment, but not both.

If you have opted for PNP nomination, your 50 points would be removed and you can remove it from your application as well.

Reactions: piyushpth

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, I applied for my husbands sposual PR application (outland) in October’22. But today i received an email from IRCC saying the category selected is unclear. I revisited my application in portal and i have selected inland category in Document checklist due to which this issue has come. Also, the mail says that “cases under which class under which you are applying is not clear, we return application along with Processing fee”. Now should i share correct checklist with them or do i need to resubmit the whole application once i get the refund of processing fee.
Please advice.
You will have to re-file. However, I am not sure what you selected and what you are referring to.

Can you share the pics of the documents?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have a query,

I am on closed work permit with an employer in montreal , now another employer from montreal is ready to apply my closed work permit LMIA ,
in case of approval , will i have two closed work permits , or my first one will be cancelled ?

Please help
At one point of time you can only have one OWP, so the previous one will be cancelled.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I am SINP nominee, and our application for PR was approved. We will move to Saskatchewan next year. However, in the SINP application and IRCC application, we mentioned the city of destination was Regina. Thus, the city of destination in our COPRs is Regina. However, after careful research, we would like to land in Saskatoon. Does it cause a problem to our PNP obligations? I mean do we allow to land in a different city but in the same province (Saskatchewan)?
It has no significance which city you land or reside in after moving to Canada as long as you are in the nominating province.

As a PNP, you have an obligation to the nominating province. See https://bit.ly/3rtiVqv

Reactions: pagalo

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
@legalfalcon

Got married on Dec 4th and approved for pr application on Dec 15th. Got portal email as my application was FSW inland but now in India and my spouse is an Indian citizen.
I got this question for further processing of my application.

Dear Client,

Some information is required for further processing of this application. You have indicated a change in your Marital Status and/or have requested to add a Dependent to your Permanent Resident application. Please choose Option Aor Option B and confirm the following information:

Option A: Spouse

• Confirm the status of your Spouse: Is your Spouse a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Foreign National?

• Provide the UCI Number for your Spouse if applicable:

• Confirm if you would like your Spouse to be added as Accompanying or Non-Accompanying.

Option B: Dependent(s)

• Confirm the status of your Dependent(s): Is your Dependent(s) a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Foreign National?

• Provide the UCI Number for your Dependent(s) if applicable:

• Confirm if you would like your Dependent(s) to be added as Accompanying or Non-Accompanying.

Please provide this information by replying to this email.

As I’m going back to Canada on Jan 17th,2023, what to choose ? Accompanying or Non Accompanying?? Option A or B ? I’m travelling alone as my spouse doesn’t have any visa but i want her to come with me asap.

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon , thanks again for taking the time to answer these questions. I will be receiving 100% of my funds as a gift deed from my parent. I have seen conflicting information on these forums as to whether creating a fixed deposit is a MUST once those funds are in my account, or can I just leave the settlement funds as liquid in my bank account? Is there any benefit to making an FD in the eyes of IRCC?