+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello @legalfalcon or anyone for that matter - can please help me with a query:

I am in queue of express entry at 473 points. I have a sibling who is currently in Canada who has already applied for PR and is currently in backlog of pending 'essential workers tr2pr' files.

Can I say in express entry that my sibling is a PR to claim 15 points and get picked in next express entry draw - if his application comes through till then, i will submit my ITA otherwise i can decline it in those 60 days and reenter queue and perhaps do this same thing again.

I can always wait for the COPR for the sibling and then change status for extra points but considering the uncertainty of NOC specific draws in coming months, was planning this step since 473 draw seems unlikely till then.

What do you suggest. Can the officer say that i was not eligible for those points on the draw? or can this be considered ok.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023

I am in queue of express entry at 473 points. I have a sibling who is currently in Canada who has already applied for PR and is currently in backlog of pending 'essential workers tr2pr' files.

Can I say in express entry that my sibling is a PR to claim 15 points and get picked in next express entry draw - if his application comes through till then, i will submit my ITA otherwise i can decline it in those 60 days and reenter queue and perhaps do this same thing again.

I can always wait for the COPR for the sibling and then change status for extra points but considering the uncertainty of NOC specific draws in coming months, was planning this step since 473 draw seems unlikely till then.

What do you suggest. Can the officer say that i was not eligible for those points on the draw? or can this be considered ok.
A big NO

On the day you get ITA your sibling would not have any status, you will not only get rejected, but may face a ban

Reactions: vkamath and Taran D

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

To claim points for sibling PR, you ill have to provide proof of the PR status of your sibling as of the date when you submitted your profile. While your wait for ITA, if your sibling gets a PR status, then you can claim points for it by updating your profile.

However, just by getting a COPR, you do not get a PR status. Unless an individual gets a COPR, shows up at the PoE, and is admitted into Canada as a PR, only then is the individual a PR.

For inland applicants, the COPW has to be issued and signed online. And the PR status is effective as of the date that appears on the COPR.

Reactions: shawn.s and Taran D

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon
I would be grateful for your advice on this following issue.

I received my PR in 2021 and I am considering applying spouse sponsorship for my common law partner in a few months

Before filling out the sponsorship form, I reviewed my PR application details ( I had taken screenshots of the application pages that I submitted) the other day and I noticed that I forgot to include one employment as Software Engineer which lasted 3 weeks (for which I did not claim any points) in Personal History. The missing employment was within a gap of 4 months for which I wrote "unemployed". In other words, first three months I was unemployed and I worked for three weeks in the fourth month, And I wrote "unemployed" for the entire 4 months gap. It was an honest mistake and the missing employment was 4 years ago.

However, The Tax record I submitted along with the application did show the missing employment and the entire employment period (3 weeks)

My question is, Is this considered misrepresentation? Do You think it is necessary to update my personal history by sending a webform even though my PR has been granted? I am not sure if this will work or have any adverse effect.

The reason I am asking this question is I am concerned if they will revoke my pr when I make any future applications (sponsorship or citizenship) in which there is some inconsistent information when compared to my pr application. I am going to declare the missing employment for every application in the future if required.

Thank you so much for reading this. Appreciate your advice
Hello legalfalcon,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
When you submit the PR application, you have two sections where you have to enter your employment. Employment history and personal history.

Only employment for which you claim points should be listed in the employment history. However, in personal history, you have to provide a list of all your activities.

If you inadvertently missed adding something, you can include an LoE, explaining it. Not a big deal.

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
When you submit the PR application, you have two sections where you have to enter your employment. Employment history and personal history.

Only employment for which you claim points should be listed in the employment history. However, in personal history, you have to provide a list of all your activities.

If you inadvertently missed adding something, you can include an LoE, explaining it. Not a big deal.
Thank you so much for your reply.

If I am not mistaken, When I submit the spouse sponsorship application for my common law partner, I just need to attach a letter of Explanation for the mistake made (forgot to add one employment for 3 weeks (not claiming points) in Personal History in my PR application).

Do I need to send a webform to clarify this issue (my PR has been granted already) before I submit the spouse sponsorship application? Because I was concerned if this would be considered as misrepresentation.

Thank you once again for your advice.

Roger Edmond

Oct 6, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon
sorry for the repetition if you have my post at All about Gcms.
appreciate your help in advance.
i ordered my GCMS via a firend of mine, who is a permanent resident, more than 30days ago.
but now, i just came to know, when submitting my application, identity proof of requester, such as PR card, is needed.
however, on the submission page, it writes that only the consent form is mandatory, so i did not bother to upload anything else.
i am worried whether my application is valid, and should i apply again?

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, how it is possible that the security check was finished in one day? My friend call the IRCC and was told that the security has not been started yet, but received PPR the day after. Is it true based on your previous post that all inland applicants will be sent to CSIS for at least a record check?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon Good morning.

Thanks for clearing my queries so many times, and hope you are doing great. I am filing my citizenship application shortly and have a question regarding my employment. I worked for company X from April 2020 and this company was merged and taken over by company Y last year on Aug 2022. In the offer letter given by company Y, they recognized my employment with company X and mentioned my service of continuity would be from April 2020 to present. So now, while filing my employment details in the application, what should i mention from the following options? Please advise. Thanks very much

Option A : Worked for X from April 2020 to Aug 2022,
Worked for Y from Aug 2022 to present

or

Option B: Worked for Y from April 2020 to Present
(And write a LOE explaining the merger and all)

Appreciate your help!!

jack wong

Jan 14, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon
My security check is in progress and it is an internal process (via call center). Does it suggest that my applicaion has been sent to CSIS/CSBA for comprehensive SS based on your posts before.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I don't know if this is a question.

I am from Feb 2021 AOR. I recently received my gcms notes and I see no updates. Eligibility not started however the only thing updated is that my upfront medicals passed.

Any thoughts?

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon Just received an email asking for updated proof of funds. Initial Proof of Funds doc that was submitted along with the application was done through gift deed from parernts. However, since then, i have used some funds for general expenses and am currently shy by around 2000 CAD. To comply, I will be transferring the necessary funds required to be above the minimum limit now from parents before submitting updated POF. Do i need to again do that via gift deed or is a normal transfer sufficient?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon Just received an email asking for updated proof of funds. Initial Proof of Funds doc that was submitted along with the application was done through gift deed from parernts. However, since then, i have used some funds for general expenses and am currently shy by around 2000 CAD. To comply, I will be transferring the necessary funds required to be above the minimum limit now from parents before submitting updated POF. Do i need to again do that via gift deed or is a normal transfer sufficient?

IRCC can ask for updated comments for PoF during the pendency of an application as well as upon landing. If your PoF is not met and you intend to add more funds to your account, you ca only do so via a new gift deed, since your original deposit was via a gift deed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I don't know if this is a question.

I am from Feb 2021 AOR. I recently received my gcms notes and I see no updates. Eligibility not started however the only thing updated is that my upfront medicals passed.

Any thoughts?
Delays are now a norm when it comes to IRCC. You will just have to wait for any progress.

Medicals are usually passed within the first 45 days.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My security check is in progress and it is an internal process (via call center). Does it suggest that my applicaion has been sent to CSIS/CSBA for comprehensive SS based on your posts before.
On average as per the security screening manual, it takes 110 days for an average file. Lately all timelines are off the chart.

To read about security secreening, how it is done and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN