22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
dell2 said:
Do they take out Traveling period from Work exp ?
i have Work exp of 37 months and i traveled around 2 months in those 37 months.
Do you think they might count only 2 years of Work exp.

Thanks
No - your work experience is calculated from "date of joining" to "date of leaving". If you have taken vacation in between (even if it is unpaid), it is taken as part of your annual leave during your employment. Hope this helps ;)

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
syeduzairhaider said:
Dear Asivad.

Please help me in this regards.

I received an email from CIC this morning that "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

However, after logging into my profile I haven't received any message nor my points have changed.. Kindly help in this regards. neither have i received a provincial nominee
Ghost emails are common. Doesn't mean anything except that your profile is being worked on ;) You'll probably receive another email real soon with updates to your application. Cheers and good luck!

MOBEENSAQ

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2016
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
HELLO ASIVAD,
GOT MY PPR ON 3 JUNE. AS DURING THIS PROCESS GOT YOUR HELP 2-3 TIMES. THANK U FOR UR REPLY EACH AND EVERY TIME I CONTACTED U.
COULD U FURTHER HELP/GUIDE ME ON GIVEN ISSUES?
1. There is an annexure with PPR inquiring eye colours and other info. should i fill the info as per my e-APR?
2. should i submit the same pics which i uploaded with my e-APR? they are 6 months older.
3. can anyone tell how much i have to pay while submitting my pp? charges etc.---

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
Hello Asivad,

I have a query regarding the reference letter from my previous and current employers. I have arranged a reference letter with my previous employer where I worked for 3 years and 8 months with all the requisites as per CIC standards. But the major pain area is my current employer. They are not ready to give me a letter of reference mentioning my roles and responsibilities. I will be completing 6 months with them now and being fairly new, do not want to raise any suspicions. My queries are
1. As my previous employment suffice the minimum work experience required for FSW, Can I skip my present employment details from the work history altogether?
2. Please suggest, for my current job, only mentioning period of association, working hours, salary and designation, will be taken into consideration by CIC for the reference letter. My designation is Team Lead – Logistics which is quite self-explanatory though, but still do not want to take any risks.

Thanks again for your help.

kanwarbir1

Sep 19, 2013
hello ASIVAD, I am CEC INLAND APPLICANT
AOR-25 APRIL
I NEED SOME HELP HOPE SOME SENIORS OR ANYBODY CAN HELP WHAT I CAN DO NEXT ?
I SUBMITTED MY SCHEDULE A FORM YESTERDAY . I MADE A MISTAKE IN EDUCATION SECTION FOR MY SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION DATES ARE 2008-03 TO 2010-03
HOWEVER BY MISTAKENLY I PUT 2007-03 TO 2009-03 . DOES THIS WILL EFFECT MY APPLICATION ?? HOPE I CAN GET SOME SUGGESTIONS ?

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I am 01 April AOR SINP applicant..I recently got married..I got RPRF request..I paid it for me..(primary applicant)..I am yet to get my marriage certificate..I will add my spouse to my application once I get marriage certificate by this week.....Also I wanna go along with him on PR..so for his addition I am planning to raise CSE with maariage certificate..Below are my questions
1)Based upon the CIC reply I may have to do medical and pcc for him as well..or I can do it upfront and keep it handy so in case if CIC asks I will have ready to upload..Please advise
2)Please advise if the addition of spouse will effect adversely on my application even if I am not claiming for his points
3)Approx how long it will take for the process after his addition ..because what I heard from others is his application won't be processed under Express entry ...Please guide I am scared that it would delay by year ..

Awaiting for your reply Asivad..
Thanks and Regards,
Simple

CEC_closed_wp

Jun 7, 2016
Hi Asivad,

The question that I am about to ask might have been asked multiple times.

But, still need your expert advice. Please help.

I am working for an Indian IT company for the last 6 years and working on closed work permit deputation (seconded to Canadian subsidiary) for the last 2 years in Canada. I have received ITA under CEC category, but also getting some points from Foreign Experience.
I have also been on deputation to US for approx. 2 years.

Have following questions.
1) My nemesis is that company won't provide Employer Reference letter for PR purpose. But, I do have an old Employer Reference letter issued while applying for my Work permit. Can I use that letter? Is getting a Refusal letter from HR, a must? Trying to get a letter from HR for PR purpose can prove harmful for my current stay in WP and can be asked to go back to off-shore.
Also, as part of Reference letter, can I use the old letter and one notorized affidavit by my colleague confirming both my Canadian and Non-Canadian Experience?

2) Also, under Work History should I put only 1 record (for entire experience of 6 years with the same employer) or put 2 records (1 CEC and 1 foreign category) or put multiple records (1 CEC, 1 Indian and 1 US). All my work experience of 6 years is with the same employer.

Please suggest. Thanking you in advance.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi Asivad,

Just now received a Schedule A background declaration request from CIC. I am 24 Feb AOR, SINP outland from India. VO will probably be NDVO

1. I got this request in at 11 PM india time and I guess, this is official timings in Canada . Does this mean my file haven't reached NDVO yet ?

2. By getting schedule A request , can I be sure that my R10, eligibility and all other statuses are fine ? I am which stage of which applications ? Please help ...

3. As per info filled in post ITA app is as follows:

Educational History:
2006-08 to 2010-08- Bachelor of Engineering
2004-04 to 2006-05 - Secondary diploma
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

Details filled in Personal History :
2010-11 - till date - Job 1
2010-08 to to 2010-11- job interviews
2004-04 to 2006-05 - Secondary diploma (Here they asked for Personal history for Jun and Jul 2006)
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

added the below (highlighted in red) in the personal history in new schedule A form requested by CIC which I am going to submit now

2006-05 to 2006-08- Waiting for college to start new academic year (Also attaching LOE explaining that)
2004-04 to 2006-05 - Secondary diploma (Here they asked for Personal history for Jun and Jul 2006)
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

Will keep the educational history same as mentioned above in new Schedule A form as well
Is this a gap , SSC completed in 2004-03 and Secondary diploma started in 2004-04 the very next month. Do I need to amend the completion date of SSC as 2004-04 to overlap days?

In education section, its not necessary to fill all gaps as CIC only intrested to know the education and educational institute details . And only in personal history we need to fulfil all gaps. Is my understanding correct?

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
Hi Asivad ,
I am FSW inlander and now I came in india for 2 month. Do I need to update cic about my travel to india ?
And if i get PPR right now then how can i change my visa office to india to send my PP?
I am getting married on july thats why I came in india and I want to add my spouse name in my application so we both get PR together.

Pls help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dpakhaniya said:
Hi Asivad ,
I am FSW inlander and now I came in india for 2 month. Do I need to update cic about my travel to india ?

If you are expecting PPR while in India, Yes.

And if i get PPR right now then how can i change my visa office to india to send my PP?

Send a CSE.

I am getting married on july thats why I came in india and I want to add my spouse name in my application so we both get PR together.

Inform IRCC after you get married and before you 'land' in Canada to activate your PR status. Attach proof of marriage and spouse's PCC(s) and medicals.

Pls help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam1 said:
Hi Asivad,

Just now received a Schedule A background declaration request from CIC. I am 24 Feb AOR, SINP outland from India. VO will probably be NDVO

1. I got this request in at 11 PM india time and I guess, this is official timings in Canada . Does this mean my file haven't reached NDVO yet ?

Only your GCMS notes can confirm that.

2. By getting schedule A request , can I be sure that my R10, eligibility and all other statuses are fine ? I am which stage of which applications ? Please help ...

No obvious correlation. Schedule A requests can be sent at any point in time during application processing.

3. As per info filled in post ITA app is as follows:

Educational History:
2004-04 to 2006-05 - Secondary diploma
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

Details filled in Personal History :
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

added the below (highlighted in red) in the personal history in new schedule A form requested by CIC which I am going to submit now

2006-05 to 2006-08- Waiting for college to start new academic year (Also attaching LOE explaining that)
2003-04 to 2004-03- SSC

Will keep the educational history same as mentioned above in new Schedule A form as well
Is this a gap , SSC completed in 2004-03 and Secondary diploma started in 2004-04 the very next month. Do I need to amend the completion date of SSC as 2004-04 to overlap days?

Probably not a gap if the system allows you to input information in that order.

In education section, its not necessary to fill all gaps as CIC only intrested to know the education and educational institute details . And only in personal history we need to fulfil all gaps. Is my understanding correct?

Yes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_closed_wp said:
I am working for an Indian IT company for the last 6 years and working on closed work permit deputation (seconded to Canadian subsidiary) for the last 2 years in Canada. I have received ITA under CEC category, but also getting some points from Foreign Experience.
I have also been on deputation to US for approx. 2 years.

Have following questions.
1) My nemesis is that company won't provide Employer Reference letter for PR purpose. But, I do have an old Employer Reference letter issued while applying for my Work permit. Can I use that letter? Is getting a Refusal letter from HR, a must? Trying to get a letter from HR for PR purpose can prove harmful for my current stay in WP and can be asked to go back to off-shore.

You can use that letter. Attach an LoE to explain your rationale behind doing that. Attach proof of continuing employment as well.

Also, as part of Reference letter, can I use the old letter and one notorized affidavit by my colleague confirming both my Canadian and Non-Canadian Experience?

Not a problem.

2) Also, under Work History should I put only 1 record (for entire experience of 6 years with the same employer) or put 2 records (1 CEC and 1 foreign category) or put multiple records (1 CEC, 1 Indian and 1 US). All my work experience of 6 years is with the same employer.

2 records would suffice - 1 for Canada and 1 for India (US deputation gets covered in there instead of needing a separate line item).

Please suggest. Thanking you in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simplesim said:
Hi Asivad,

I am 01 April AOR SINP applicant..I recently got married..I got RPRF request..I paid it for me..(primary applicant)..I am yet to get my marriage certificate..I will add my spouse to my application once I get marriage certificate by this week.....Also I wanna go along with him on PR..so for his addition I am planning to raise CSE with maariage certificate..Below are my questions
1)Based upon the CIC reply I may have to do medical and pcc for him as well..or I can do it upfront and keep it handy so in case if CIC asks I will have ready to upload..Please advise

You can do it upfront.

2)Please advise if the addition of spouse will effect adversely on my application even if I am not claiming for his points

No. It will slightly delay things (4 to 12 weeks) as IRCC would take some time to add your spouse to this application.

3)Approx how long it will take for the process after his addition ..because what I heard from others is his application won't be processed under Express entry ...Please guide I am scared that it would delay by year ..

You've heard wrong.

Awaiting for your reply Asivad..
Thanks and Regards,
Simple

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanwarbir1 said:
hello ASIVAD, I am CEC INLAND APPLICANT
AOR-25 APRIL
I NEED SOME HELP HOPE SOME SENIORS OR ANYBODY CAN HELP WHAT I CAN DO NEXT ?
I SUBMITTED MY SCHEDULE A FORM YESTERDAY . I MADE A MISTAKE IN EDUCATION SECTION FOR MY SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION DATES ARE 2008-03 TO 2010-03
HOWEVER BY MISTAKENLY I PUT 2007-03 TO 2009-03 . DOES THIS WILL EFFECT MY APPLICATION ?? HOPE I CAN GET SOME SUGGESTIONS ?
Send a CSE informing them of this error. Too minor an error to cause any damage though.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moderator1983 said:
Hello Asivad,

I have a query regarding the reference letter from my previous and current employers. I have arranged a reference letter with my previous employer where I worked for 3 years and 8 months with all the requisites as per CIC standards. But the major pain area is my current employer. They are not ready to give me a letter of reference mentioning my roles and responsibilities. I will be completing 6 months with them now and being fairly new, do not want to raise any suspicions. My queries are
1. As my previous employment suffice the minimum work experience required for FSW, Can I skip my present employment details from the work history altogether?

Yes.

2. Please suggest, for my current job, only mentioning period of association, working hours, salary and designation, will be taken into consideration by CIC for the reference letter. My designation is Team Lead – Logistics which is quite self-explanatory though, but still do not want to take any risks.

That experience is irrelevant to your PR application so it can be safely removed from Work history. Even if you provide an inadequate reference letter, it still wouldn't get you any points (AND you aren't claiming those anyways) so include it just under Personal history later in the process.

Thanks again for your help.