+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

ind2can2015

Sep 2, 2015
Hello Asviad,

I have few doubts and would appreciate if you answer.

1. In my personalized checklist, I was not asked to submit my IELTS score card. So should I upload it in Additional docs tab..?

2. If I am attaching letter of explanation, should I sign the letter physically or just put my name...?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charan_yalala said:
Hello Asivad,

First of all, Thanks a lot for all the help you are doing voluntary and helping the members.
You have vast amount of knowledge and more than any consultant has.

My friend got nomination on 28 January and i think he has one month to accept the nomination.
My friend has stayed in USA for couple of years and he needs to get FBI PCC. Right now to get FBI PCC, it takes 4 months
to receive.He has applied to FBI PCC in January and he might receive in May if fingerprints are GOOD!!
Luckily he has not accepted the SINP nomination yet, He has 30 days to accept it.
We have read multiple forums on Canadavisa that you can file for CIC PR without FBI PCC and ask the VO for the extension.
But, My friend does now want to go through all that and he wants to submit his application in one shot.

As per SINP, Examples of reason you can request a Revision or Extension
1) CIC requests a revised and/or extended nomination cetificate
2) You have a new job offer from the same or different employer
3) You and/or your accompanying family members have obtained new passports
4) Your nomination certificate is expiring or has expired and you require additional time to submit your application for permanent residency.

I have two Questions
1) As per above point 4, After 20 days has been elapsed of nomination from SINP, Can he send an E-mail to SINP saying that his FBI PCC is
pending and need an extension of his nomination for another 30 days and in that case he will able file his PR Application in June 16 by which he will receive FBI PCC

Not a good enough reason to delay accepting the nomination. I imagine SINP won't respond positively to such a request.

2) I have heard that you cannot reject and ITA received based on PNP Nomination which will make you disqualify from receiving any nomination from them. Is that correct?

Wrong. You can decline any number of ITAs without any repercussions until your nomination expires. Precisely what your friend should be doing in this case - accept the nomination and decline ITAs until they are ready to submit a complete application while simultaneously keeping the expiry date of their nomination in mind.

I will appreciate your response!!

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubin said:
Hello Asivad,

Thank you very much for all the support you have given me and all of us. I am one of the rookies who've managed to crack the whole process with help from you and other seniors and I now have my passport stamped with the PR visa. ;D

I am planning to land by mid March in Toronto and was thinking things ahead and I have 2 simple questions.

1. I am planning to show the entire maintenance funds($12000 CAD) in a single travel check. Is that gonna attract the customs and add up to the length of the procedure? Am I better off splitting the amount in cash and check? Or... was that a pointless question? ::)

$12,164 - starting off with some nitpicking! Won't attract anything but keep the documentation handy just in case someone gets curios about source of these funds (no one should but doesn't hurt having the paper trail handy AND repeated questioning is the last thing you want at the end of an intercontinental journey). It's your money - IRCC/CBSA cannot tell you how to carry it around and in what form.

2. I haven't got any close relatives or friends in Toronto. So, if I was not able to find an address where I will be living for more than 2 months, how will I provide the border officials with an address to receive my PR card later? Is there a way to skip that procedure at the airport and update the address later when I find a permanent place to stay?

You'll probably be checking into a hotel or someplace nearby - provide that address when asked. You can always update this later. PR card TAT is beyond 100 days now - enough time for you to find a place of your own and update the address with the authorities. And yes, it would help to make initial accommodation reservations before you land and carrying that proof as well - you don't want to tell CBSA that you're planning to wing it after exiting the airport - would sound too cavalier coming from a fresh immigrant.
Finally, if any of you cool people know of any threads about Landing procedure, tips and precautions please link it here. I will do my research in there.

I imagine the process is fairly 'idiot proof' so there aren't too many threads discussing this one. Check other sections of the forum including 'Settlement Issues'.
Cheers!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ind2can2015 said:
Hello Asviad,

I have few doubts and would appreciate if you answer.

1. In my personalized checklist, I was not asked to submit my IELTS score card. So should I upload it in Additional docs tab..?

No need but not harm done if you do this.

2. If I am attaching letter of explanation, should I sign the letter physically or just put my name...?

No need to sign.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Asivad,
I had a question dear, are the secondary education (IGCSE) documents required? Even if I have a bachelor and a masters degree already approved by the ECA?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramii said:
Hello Asivad,
I had a question dear, are the secondary education (IGCSE) documents required? Even if I have a bachelor and a masters degree already approved by the ECA?
Not required.

shreyashd

Jul 28, 2015
Hello Asivad

had some questions regarding soft landing... From what I understand, its possible to land and do immigration formalities at the POE airport and provide some relatives / friends canadian address for PR delivery...and then maybe immigrate at a later date

1) This maybe a silly question but I have applied for myself (PA), spouse and infant kid. So, if I do the soft landing alone would the PR card delivered be only mine or will it also contain their details. In short will it be mandatory to even make them land in the 6 months period.

2) I have plans to travel to Europe for business. Ticket rates from there to Canada are relatively cheaper as compared to India. So can I fly from Europe to Canada directly for landing or will that be an issue.

3) Do i need to prenotify some authority about my landing ?

4) Do I need to spend a total of 3 years out of 5 in Canada to maintain my PR ?

Thanks a lot

shricks

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,

For short landing, can one show funds using stamped bank statements from India? Or, the currency denomination has to be in CAD$ only?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shricks said:
Hi Asivad,

For short landing, can one show funds using stamped bank statements from India? Or, the currency denomination has to be in CAD$ only?

Thanks.
Stamped bank statements from India are acceptable.

Caliban

Dec 12, 2015
Asivad, I was caught shoplifting a few years ago. On a whim stole 12-dollar perfume. I was detained, tried and convicted. Was sentenced to one day. However, this, as a minor theft, was not considered to be a criminal offence (my PCC is clean), but it is still in the records of my local police department.
Do you think I could be inadmissible because of that? Will they find out at all considering this was committed in Russia, which is my homeland?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caliban said:
Asivad, I was caught shoplifting a few years ago. On a whim stole 12-dollar perfume. I was detained, tried and convicted. Was sentenced to one day. However, this, as a minor theft, was not considered to be a criminal offence (my PCC is clean), but it is still in the records of my local police department.
Do you think I could be inadmissible because of that? Will they find out at all considering this was committed in Russia, which is my homeland?
Won't be a reason for inadmissibility. As it doesn't appear in PCC, it has no further relevance to your application except where you're required to answer statutory questions related to arrests/detentions. Answer Yes to those questions and provide the same explanation - won't have any impact on your application processing.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shreyashd said:
Hello Asivad

had some questions regarding soft landing... From what I understand, its possible to land and do immigration formalities at the POE airport and provide some relatives / friends canadian address for PR delivery...and then maybe immigrate at a later date

Not sure what you mean here. You immigrate when you 'land' in Canada for the first time. Of course you can go back to your country of usual residence immediately afterwards.

1) This maybe a silly question but I have applied for myself (PA), spouse and infant kid. So, if I do the soft landing alone would the PR card delivered be only mine or will it also contain their details. In short will it be mandatory to even make them land in the 6 months period.

They have to necessarily land before the expiry date mentioned in their COPR. Else they won't get PR status along with you.

2) I have plans to travel to Europe for business. Ticket rates from there to Canada are relatively cheaper as compared to India. So can I fly from Europe to Canada directly for landing or will that be an issue.

Not a problem.

3) Do i need to prenotify some authority about my landing ?

No.

4) Do I need to spend a total of 3 years out of 5 in Canada to maintain my PR ?

2 years or 730 days. Need not be continuous.

Thanks a lot

Caliban

Dec 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Won't be a reason for inadmissibility. As it doesn't appear in PCC, it has no further relevance to your application except where you're required to answer statutory questions related to arrests/detentions. Answer Yes to those questions and provide the same explanation - won't have any impact on your application processing.
Thank you.
But what should I do if I have already clicked No?