+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
1. Not sure how this happened from your end. Are you claiming spouse education points? Only adds up to 10 points in your application. Even if you don't claim those points, does your recalculated CRS fall below draw cutoff? If not, ignore this.

2. This is a problem. Send in a CSE right away that there was a typo in your application about POF and apologize for the oversight. Also point out that you have the required funds as evidenced by your POF documents and politely request them to consider the physical evidence of available funds and ignore the typo in the application.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you so much for your kind response!
Fortunately, without the 10 points, I am still above the minimum score of my draw. Would it make a problem if I also explain this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ram_van said:
hello senior's

I have a question:
I sent in my passport for PR visa and CoPR on 25th jan and I'm expecting it back by 10th feb. I'm in canada right now and I'm planning to visit India for 2 weeks once i get my passport back and do landing on my way back.
My passport will expire on 15th jun 2016 ,so I'm planning to apply for a new passport while I'm in India. Now my question is : will it be a problem with PR visa being on old passport ? do i have to ask for new PR visa with new passport number?
Please advise.
tnq
Surprising that CIC accepted your passport which is due to expire within 6 months! The PPR letter explicitly mentions that condition about passport expiry to avoid such a situation.

You have 2 options - 1 will cause a marginal delay while the other carries a slight risk. Both options assume that CIC will indeed stamp this passport not return it unstamped because of the expiry date issue.

Option 1. Get a new passport before travelling to India. Send the new passport details to CIC who will then invalidate the PR visa and COPR and issue fresh PR visa and COPR. Once you receive the new visa and COPR, travel to India and 'land' on return.

Option 2. Travel as scheduled after getting the PR visa and COPR. On your way back, carry both passports and explain the situation at Immigration. Hopefully the fact that passports can expire independent of the visas in them will work in your favor and you would be allowed to finish landing formalities. Even otherwise, your TRV would still be valid so you would still be allowed into Canada.

Your call.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Thank you so much for your kind response!
Fortunately, without the 10 points, I am still above the minimum score of my draw. Would it make a problem if I also explain this?
No harm done explaining that but it is irrelevant as your CRS is still higher than the draw cutoff.

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Surprising that CIC accepted your passport which is due to expire within 6 months! The PPR letter explicitly mentions that condition about passport expiry to avoid such a situation.

You have 2 options - 1 will cause a marginal delay while the other carries a slight risk. Both options assume that CIC will indeed stamp this passport not return it unstamped because of the expiry date issue.

Option 1. Get a new passport before travelling to India. Send the new passport details to CIC who will then invalidate the PR visa and COPR and issue fresh PR visa and COPR. Once you receive the new visa and COPR, travel to India and 'land' on return.

Option 2. Travel as scheduled after getting the PR visa and COPR. On your way back, carry both passports and explain the situation at Immigration. Hopefully the fact that passports can expire independent of the visas in them will work in your favor and you would be allowed to finish landing formalities. Even otherwise, your TRV would still be valid so you would still be allowed into Canada.

Your call.
Thank you for your advise.

I emailed CIC about my passport expiry and they said its ok since I'm in Canada already.

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

Your call.
If I finish landing and then visit India without PR card, how hard will it be to get travel document? any idea?and what is the processing time for travel document?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ram_van said:
If I finish landing and then visit India without PR card, how hard will it be to get travel document? any idea?and what is the processing time for travel document?
Check this out -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

If believe you'll have no hassle getting a travel document. You'll be telling them that you have finished your landing formalities but you do not have a PR card yet and you need to travel back to Canada now!

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Check this out -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

If believe you'll have no hassle getting a travel document. You'll be telling them that you have finished your landing formalities but you do not have a PR card yet and you need to travel back to Canada now!
Thank you. :)

hopesndreams

Oct 9, 2015
Hello Asivad..

I am at 383 with work exp at 1yr 11 months in 1123 noc.

However I have 3 years work exp in another noc-Retail Sales. If i get my job duties of this 3 years can I add it up in my primary noc exp and claim points?

Thanks for your help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hopesndreams said:
Hello Asivad..

I am at 383 with work exp at 1yr 11 months in 1123 noc.

However I have 3 years work exp in another noc-Retail Sales. If i get my job duties of this 3 years can I add it up in my primary noc exp and claim points?

Thanks for your help.
Yes! You get maximum CRS points for 3 years experience. You can even leave out your 1 year 11 months work experience out of the work experience section and retain it only in the personal history section

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Hi Asivad

On the very first page of my gcms, its written like this:

Created Date: 2015/01/06
Created By: *Some Alphabets*
Updated Date: 2015/11/12
Updated By: *Some Alphabets*
Primary Office: Abu Dhabi
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Does it means that my application was last checked on 2015/11/12 and my file is in Abu Dhabi VO?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
nickarter84 said:
Hi Asivad

On the very first page of my gcms, its written like this:

Created Date: 2015/01/06
Created By: *Some Alphabets*
Updated Date: 2015/11/12
Updated By: *Some Alphabets*
Primary Office: Abu Dhabi
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Does it means that my application was last checked on 2015/11/12 and my file is in Abu Dhabi VO?
No, what it means is your application was last accessed/viewed on 2015/11/12 by an officer known by those alphabets and your local office is Abu Dhabi probably you applied from there so they will receive your PP when they send you a PPR, and since you are part of EE the main central office for EE is always CPC-Ottawa.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
CanadaWeCome said:
No, what it means is your application was last accessed/viewed on 2015/11/12 by an officer known by those alphabets and your local office is Abu Dhabi probably you applied from there so they will receive your PP when they send you a PPR, and since you are part of EE the main central office for EE is always CPC-Ottawa.
ohhh, its quite slow :-\

By the way, thanks for you valuable reply.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
1. Not sure how this happened from your end. Are you claiming spouse education points? Only adds up to 10 points in your application. Even if you don't claim those points, does your recalculated CRS fall below draw cutoff? If not, ignore this.

2. This is a problem. Send in a CSE right away that there was a typo in your application about POF and apologize for the oversight. Also point out that you have the required funds as evidenced by your POF documents and politely request them to consider the physical evidence of available funds and ignore the typo in the application.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Dear Asivad,
I followed your advice and sent a CSE last night. I am so worried. Would this sending CSE resolve the problem? Have you seen cases like mine that sending the explanation via CSE resolved the problem? I appreciate your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Dear Asivad,
I followed your advice and sent a CSE last night. I am so worried. Would this sending CSE resolve the problem? Have you seen cases like mine that sending the explanation via CSE resolved the problem? I appreciate your response.
Other members have reported sending additional documents via CSE which were accepted and attached to the file. Your explanation sent vis CSE would also reach the officer assessing your application.