+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Godweeno

Jan 24, 2015
Hi @Asivad Anac,

I've posted this in a couple of other threads but unfortunately nobody seems to know the answer, I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on it please?

I received my COPR from the London VO in the UK a couple of days ago. I only had to send them photo copies of my passport as I am from the UK and so I am visa exempt. On the front page of the letter that came back was a table with my name listed in it twice. All the details on both lines of the table were identical except for the forms, one was IMM5785 and one was IMM5688. I am the sole applicant with no others accompanying me.

Along with the letter there were 2 copies of IMM5688, one for myself and one for the immigration officer at the border.

However there was not an IMM5785 and I don't know what it is. I've searched the CIC website for it and it there is no reference at all. I've also contacted CIC but they have yet to come back to me with an answer.

Do you know what IMM5785 is? And do I need it at the border when I do my landing?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godweeno said:
Hi @Asivad Anac,

I've posted this in a couple of other threads but unfortunately nobody seems to know the answer, I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on it please?

I received my COPR from the London VO in the UK a couple of days ago. I only had to send them photo copies of my passport as I am from the UK and so I am visa exempt. On the front page of the letter that came back was a table with my name listed in it twice. All the details on both lines of the table were identical except for the forms, one was IMM5785 and one was IMM5688. I am the sole applicant with no others accompanying me.

Along with the letter there were 2 copies of IMM5688, one for myself and one for the immigration officer at the border.

However there was not an IMM5785 and I don't know what it is. I've searched the CIC website for it and it there is no reference at all. I've also contacted CIC but they have yet to come back to me with an answer.

Do you know what IMM5785 is? And do I need it at the border when I do my landing?
Haven't heard of this and I imagine it doesn't matter. COPR looks fine so proceed with landing when you're ready.

All the best!

Godweeno

Jan 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Haven't heard of this and I imagine it doesn't matter. COPR looks fine so proceed with landing when you're ready.

All the best!
Thanks Asivad Anac, I really appreciate your input. I'll proceed with landing.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am of all your help and the community's help during my application process. Thank you so much! :)

Good luck with your new lives in Canada to all people with PR and good luck to all current and future candidates!!

arash0a

Nov 2, 2015
Should I concern about my age change after receiving ITA.
In my invitation says "Note: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points
total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence." but in GCMS note posted on this forum it has been stated "AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR."
I have just 2 days to my birthday!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arash0a said:
Should I concern about my age change after receiving ITA.
In my invitation says "Note: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points
total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence." but in GCMS note posted on this forum it has been stated "AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR."
I have just 2 days to my birthday!!!
Birthday after post ITA submission makes no difference to the application.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Birthday after post ITA submission makes no difference to the application.
While that's true, i think the question was directed more towards satisfying the inquisitiveness to the question of "Why at all such a note related to checking the change of applicant's age between ITA and eAPR even exists under GCMS notes?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arash0a said:
Thanks for your response. But why in the report it is been mentioned from ITA to E-APR?
Because having a birthday between receiving an ITA and submitting post ITA application (or eAPR which is generated simultaneously) is a material change that will lead to recalculation of points. However this is specifically made an exception by Public Policy. The officer still makes note of any changes in GCMS but the exemption applies to all EE applicants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Because having a birthday between receiving an ITA and submitting post ITA application (or eAPR which is generated simultaneously) is a material change that will lead to recalculation of points. However this is specifically made an exception by Public Policy. The officer still makes note of any changes in GCMS but the exemption applies to all EE applicants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp
I think that's exactly @arash0a 's concern is. His/her birthday is exactly 2 days hence, and there's no way they will be able to successfully submit their application before that.

If so, will the EE system recalculate their CRS score, thereby drop it by 5 points to eventually make them ineligible for ITA in the round of draw that they got their invitation in.

Please correct me if i missed something here!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
I think that's exactly @arash0a 's concern is. His/her birthday is exactly 2 days hence, and there's no way they will be able to successfully submit their application before that.

If so, will the EE system recalculate their CRS score, thereby drop it by 5 points to eventually make them ineligible for ITA in the round of draw that they got their invitation in.

No.

Age exemption starts from the day one gets an ITA. They can submit their application anytime within the next 60 days without worrying about their birthday.

arash0a

Nov 2, 2015
I believe there is an exemption for FSW applicants but what you say can be true for CEC applicants. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
CanadaWeCome said:

No.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

" Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR."

The Public policy stated above is the same that Asivad pointed to in one of the earlier responses.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arash0a said:
I believe there is an exemption for FSW applicants but what you say can be true for CEC applicants. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Applies to all EE applicants.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Can you please share the various steps of what happens once the post ITA form is submitted and the fees are paid ?
Is the AOR a automated message that is sent ?
Also what is the usual timeline of change in medical status, background checks, decision made ?

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi Asivad,

Can you please share the various steps of what happens once the post ITA form is submitted and the fees are paid ?
Is the AOR a automated message that is sent ?
Also what is the usual timeline of change in medical status, background checks, decision made ?

Thanks,
You get an automated acknowledgment message (eAPR) on submission. An AOR might follow later in the process after the officer has confirmed that the application meets program eligibility requirements.

No specific timeline can be established as it varies for each applicant and depends on a number of external factors. Medicals are usually set to 'Passed' within a month or so, Background checks take a few months with DM being the final stage of application.