+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
I attended a university for one year and then transferred to another university (both in Canada).
Do I need to put the first university in EE profile under "Study and Languages"? Or should I just mention it in "Personal history"?

In either case I'll attach LOE explaining the transfer.

Note: I put both universities in "Study and Languages" in my pre-ITA profile.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello Asivad and other seniors,

I was invited under CEC for PR and submitted by application on Dec 14th 2015. I have my work permit expiring this May 2016. So as per the new rule for BOWP, link below, I am applying for extension.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Any pointers for applying for this one? Which is the specific form number? Also the system is down and doesn't let me apply. :(

Any idea how long will it take to get the approval since my permit expires in 4 months.

Thanks. Help appreciated
Read 'BOWP issuance' here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duskyblue said:
When is the best (least bothersome) time to renew my passport?
My passport is still valid till late fall, but it might not be valid for 6 more months by the time I get to land (assuming here I eventually get my PPR... ;-) )

Should I...
1) Keep it as long as possible and take it through the whole process?
2) Renew it right now? Would I need to upload my new passport with a CSE or something?
3) Get the visa with the old passport and then renew it between visa stamp and landing? (So I have my new passport when I leave the county)? Or would it be a problem if I had a new passport without a visa stamp (but also brought the old one along)?

I'm just really uncertain what would be best and not cause problems with CIC. Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Renew it right away, saves time later. Upload the renewed passport via CSE.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saravsingh1 said:
Thanks for your response!

I have another question related to PCC-

My hometown is Panipat, and have passport on that address issues in 2014.
I am currently living and working in Gurgaon since 2013, so should I get a PCC for Panipat address and do not show gurgaon address at all? Or what would be the best way?
In India, approach the passport authorities for PCC.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahul1404 said:
Dear All,

I have received ITA and in process of collecting docs.

I have not claimed any points for spouse work experience in India.

Does Spouse work experience letters also need to be in CIC format with roles and responsibilities ?

Also my spouse does not have any salary slips, are salary slips mandatory for Spouse ?

Thanks All..
No matter what documents you provide, this will make no difference to your application. Even removing this experience completely from your profile will make no difference to your application. As spouse's foreign work experience gets you no points, it is irrelevant to your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leonht said:
I attended a university for one year and then transferred to another university (both in Canada).
Do I need to put the first university in EE profile under "Study and Languages"? Or should I just mention it in "Personal history"?

In either case I'll attach LOE explaining the transfer.

Note: I put both universities in "Study and Languages" in my pre-ITA profile.
Mention both universities in Personal history and just the 'awarding institution' in 'Study & Languages'.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DevGurgaon said:
I have Ontario Nomination and I have received ITA in the latest draw but I want to delay my application for personal reasons. Is it possible to decline the ITA and get ITA again in subsequent draw? Has anyone declined ITA and received another ITA in subsequent draw?
No harm in declining an ITA. With 600+ points, you'll get an ITA in each draw.

Braxod

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hi Asivad n all
I am going to apply for PR in couple of days. But I have to go back to my country of birth as my visa to current country of residence is going to expire in 2 months. Does my application will be affected by this situation of moving back overseas??? please help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Braxod said:
Hi Asivad n all
I am going to apply for PR in couple of days. But I have to go back to my country of birth as my visa to current country of residence is going to expire in 2 months. Does my application will be affected by this situation of moving back overseas??? please help.
It won't affect your application. You'll have to simply update your address to CIC.

Braxod

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for ur quick reply Asivad.
Also I have a issue with one of my PCC with spelling mistake of my fathers first name as PADAM instead of PADMA. Is this going to be a big issue?? becoz to make new one takes a long time and is difficult process as i am residing abroad. what u think??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Braxod said:
Thanks for ur quick reply Asivad.
Also I have a issue with one of my PCC with spelling mistake of my fathers first name as PADAM instead of PADMA. Is this going to be a big issue?? becoz to make new one takes a long time and is difficult process as i am residing abroad. what u think??
Answered this elsewhere already. Not a problem.

Braxod

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks Asivad
Sorry to bother you again. u might ve answered it several times as well but still I am little confused.
I ve recently made new passport. so all my visa stamping are on old passport which has been cancelled now. so I think I have to upload only bio pages from new passport. Am I correct???

Also, with financial doc, my bank clearly says that only financial document they provide is bank statements not any other form of letters. they even denied to write rejection letter that they couldnot write the letter as per cic requirement. What is my option now?? I can submit only bank statements with stamp and signature for last six months and they do have ac opening dates. I got my NSNP nomination with these statements only.
waiting for ur valuable suggestion. thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Braxod said:
Thanks Asivad
Sorry to bother you again. u might ve answered it several times as well but still I am little confused.
I ve recently made new passport. so all my visa stamping are on old passport which has been cancelled now. so I think I have to upload only bio pages from new passport. Am I correct???

Yes.

Also, with financial doc, my bank clearly says that only financial document they provide is bank statements not any other form of letters. they even denied to write rejection letter that they couldnot write the letter as per cic requirement. What is my option now?? I can submit only bank statements with stamp and signature for last six months and they do have ac opening dates. I got my NSNP nomination with these statements only.
waiting for ur valuable suggestion. thanks

Upload recent versions of the documents submitted to NS.

jasonmac5

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a question for you. My wife and I are presently in Canada on a student permit and OWP respectively. Both our visas are valid for 5 years. We have applied for our PR and got AOR in december. Due to some difference in opinions with one of her supervisors, my wife is considering quitting her PhD studies and maybe join a diploma course. Do you think this step will explicitly affect our PR application ? Should we notify CIC that there is going to be a change in the institution that she is going to study ??

Any information or answers would be appreciated.

Marcus

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonmac5 said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a question for you. My wife and I are presently in Canada on a student permit and OWP respectively. Both our visas are valid for 5 years. We have applied for our PR and got AOR in december. Due to some difference in opinions with one of her supervisors, my wife is considering quitting her PhD studies and maybe join a diploma course. Do you think this step will explicitly affect our PR application ? Should we notify CIC that there is going to be a change in the institution that she is going to study ??

Any information or answers would be appreciated.

Marcus
As she hasn't claimed any points for this, quitting the course will have no effect on your PR application.