+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
zhaider said:
Thank you for the reply.

I am not planning to accompany her. I will do landing from here (Niagara Falls) while she was back home.

It an emergency for her to visit home that's why we do not want to wait for PR Card. Its taking too long, around 3 months.

So whats your advise, is it ok if she does landing while returning back and i do separate landing before her?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DevGurgaon said:
Thanks for your replies. I am planning to decline since I have read on this forum that we need to maintain POF for last 6 months. I have maintained it since September, so that is 4 months till now. I plan to submit my application in mid March and hence will decline ITA in 2-3 weeks and then wait for next draw.

If it is not much trouble can someone please provide a link of CIC website where they have mentioned about 6 month average POF balance. Thanks in advance.
You don't need to maintain POF for 6 months. CIC wants 6 months average balance of your bank account or 6 months bank statements in lieu of that. The reason they want this is for them to be convinced that you've either had the money for at least 6 months or that you've gradually accumulated the money without any sudden unexplained large influx of funds in your account which might indicate the presence of borrowed funds.

If you haven't borrowed funds for POF and your bank accounts demonstrate this fact, no need to decline the ITA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaider said:
Hey Asivad Needs you advice

We have already got the PPR(Inland FSW) (me and my wife) and passport has been sent for immigration visa.

My wife wants to visit back home (Pakistan) for landing once we get our passport back. Can she do that? Or is it necessary for her to do landing from here, get the PR Card and then go abroad?
Assuming you are the PA, you can do the 'landing' locally while your spouse can then do it when she travels back into Canada from Pakistan. If she is the PA, this isn't possible as she would have to 'land' first or along with you. Make sure you follow the guidelines given in your COPR and she carries all relevant documentation along with her while going to Pakistan.

All the best!

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad, reposting this incase you missed it. Will really appreciate your help.

So I am filling the form. I am on PGWP and applying for the extension and needed clarfication for these questions on the form.

I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. Restoration of your status as a worker
c. An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
d.Temporary Resident permit
What should I choose?

2)
Under Current country of residence question for the dates From and To what should I mention?The clue is the start date of your immigration status in your current country of residence. Now I came as an international student, so I mention the start date of my study permit or start date of my PGWP?

3)
For Details of intended work, I am mentioning my current job details.
What should mention under the "Duration of expected employment"

4) Under Education, should I also mention my Bachelors in India? I did a 1 year post graduate program here in Canada which I think would be the highest.
5) For Work History for 10 years, there are only 3 rows in the form, how do I insert another row for another job?

I really appreciate your help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hello Asivad, reposting this incase you missed it. Will really appreciate your help.

So I am filling the form. I am on PGWP and applying for the extension and needed clarfication for these questions on the form.

I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. Restoration of your status as a worker
c. An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
d.Temporary Resident permit
What should I choose?

I haven't done this for myself so I'm employing just common sense to eliminate options 'c' and 'd' and probably 'b' as well because BOWP is for applying to extend status/go on implied status rather than restore lost status. Should be 'a' but others can correct me if that logic is unsound.

2)
Under Current country of residence question for the dates From and To what should I mention?The clue is the start date of your immigration status in your current country of residence. Now I came as an international student, so I mention the start date of my study permit or start date of my PGWP?

Start date of study permit.

3)
For Details of intended work, I am mentioning my current job details.
What should mention under the "Duration of expected employment"

Probably indefinite. Or at least 2 years into the future.

4) Under Education, should I also mention my Bachelors in India? I did a 1 year post graduate program here in Canada which I think would be the highest.

Mentioning the PG should be enough.

5) For Work History for 10 years, there are only 3 rows in the form, how do I insert another row for another job?

Not sure. You can probably attach a pdf as an addendum with additional rows in the same format.

I really appreciate your help

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much Asivad. I was thinking a as well. I appreciate your comments. Thanks :)

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Asivad Anac said:
Assuming you are the PA, you can do the 'landing' locally while your spouse can then do it when she travels back into Canada from Pakistan. If she is the PA, this isn't possible as she would have to 'land' first or along with you. Make sure you follow the guidelines given in your COPR and she carries all relevant documentation along with her while going to Pakistan.

All the best!
In the mean while i called CIC and they gave exactly the same reply. I am the PA here so i think my wife can do a separate landing while returning back to Canada as long as I do the landing before her.

Thank you Asivad for the reply and it really helps.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hello Asivad and other friends here,

I have a question regarding the work history, your kind help is highly appreciated:

In my EE profile, I mentioned that I have been working for 3 years in my current company and my job title is Human Resource and Training Officer. But in fact, in the first two years I was under the title of Human Resource Officer, the company then restructured merging Human Resource and Training together so when I renewed my contract my title automatically changed to Human Resource and Training Officer with mainly the same duties (although some slight changes but not significant). The contracts were different because they used a new package of benefits (but it is not promotion just so happened that the company was going through some serious restructuring).

Now I am filling out the e-APR, shall I change these three years' employment by separating the two titles i.e. 2013-2014 Human Resource Officer, 2015 Human Resource and Training Officer? Will it lead to misrepresentation since it is different from my EE profile? And in this case, do I have to produce two employment reference letters from the SAME company for the two positions (although technically they are the same)?

Please advise. Thank you so much!!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cowkiki said:
Hello Asivad and other friends here,

I have a question regarding the work history, your kind help is highly appreciated:

In my EE profile, I mentioned that I have been working for 3 years in my current company and my job title is Human Resource and Training Officer. But in fact, in the first two years I was under the title of Human Resource Officer, the company then restructured merging Human Resource and Training together so when I renewed my contract my title automatically changed to Human Resource and Training Officer with mainly the same duties (although some slight changes but not significant). The contracts were different because they used a new package of benefits (but it is not promotion just so happened that the company was going through some serious restructuring).

Now I am filling out the e-APR, shall I change these three years' employment by separating the two titles i.e. 2013-2014 Human Resource Officer, 2015 Human Resource and Training Officer? Will it lead to misrepresentation since it is different from my EE profile? And in this case, do I have to produce two employment reference letters from the SAME company for the two positions (although technically they are the same)?

Please advise. Thank you so much!!!!
Just have a single entry with your latest job description. Explain the transition in an LOE.

doitnow

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While filling personal history i got confused.

FROM : May 2011 TO Present -------------> I'm engaged in a full time job (continuous)
FROM : June 2012 TO Dec 2014 -------------> I was doing master's in mechanical engineering in evening program in parallel with full-time job.

So should i mentioned both parallel activities in personal history ? or leave Master's activity and fill it only in "educational history" section?

Any help ??
Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doitnow said:

FROM : May 2011 TO Present -------------> I'm engaged in a full time job (continuous)
FROM : June 2012 TO Dec 2014 -------------> I was doing master's in mechanical engineering in evening program in parallel with full-time job.

So should i mentioned both parallel activities in personal history ? or leave Master's activity and fill it only in "educational history" section?

Any help ??
Thanks in advance
Mention the Masters degree in Education history section.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
doitnow said:

Any help ??
Thanks in advance
I think you should add 2 separate entries in personal history. May 11 - May 12 job and June 12 to Dec 14 education, Jan 15 - till present job.

doitnow

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK_CAD said:
I think you should add 2 separate entries in personal history. May 11 - May 12 job and June 12 to Dec 14 education, Jan 15 - till present job.
But this would make me compromising my work experience duration .. from may 2011 to date .. its almost 4.5 years .... but then It will become less then 3 years...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK_CAD said:
As these were concurrent activities which were in the same country, no harm in adding just the job in Personal history for the entire duration from May 2011 till date while retaining Masters degree in Educations section from June 2012 to Dec 2014.