+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
Dear Asivad Anac

Hope you can answer my query. Both me and my husband have active EE profiles. My score is 436 and his score is 421. I received PT notification from Ontario on sep2nd and now filling up the forms.
In the application form, there is a question :have you or your spouse been included or already submitted an application to permnanent residence to citizenship and immigration canada(CIC)

what do I answer for this question?
Do I say yes and give my husband;s active EE profile number?

will I get rejected because of that?
Initially our plan was to keep both profiles active until we receive nomination but now this question is throwing us in a fix.
please advise.

Thanks
dpr

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic_123 said:
Asivad Anac

I have a question. I am a principle applicant. I am getting married and would like to add my spouse in the application.

- When it would be advisable to add spouse, while the application is still processing or I can add spouse after receiving COPR also?

- Once I receive PR would there be any possibility to add spouse in application?

- My BG check already shows in progress, so would adding my 'change in status' lengthen the processing time for me also? Would it limit my final decision in any way?

- If I receive PR then which way I can sponsor spouse?

Thank a lot in advance
You will have to inform CIC truthfully when you get married, whenever that happens. You can inform them about change in family composition on your application at any point in time BEFORE you land in Canada to activate your PR status.

If you get married AFTER your PR status is confirmed, you will have to sponsor your spouse under Family class - that is a longer process than EE.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manish3412 said:
Hi Ashivad,

I am confused with updating the educational qualification while filling the application.
There are 2 places for mentioning the Level of education .
one under name of school/institution and other when we put the details of WES credentials for canadial equivalancy.

My question is what should we select in the first place for level of education - is it the level of degree that is been given by our institution.

For example: I have M.com degree- in this case should I select masters degree in the first field for Level of education and then when I enter the WES credential
select 2 or more degree/diploma....

Please guide me :(
I'm not entirely sure I remember this part but choose Masters for the former and 'Two or more..' for the latter, as you have described in the example.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpr said:
Dear Asivad Anac

Hope you can answer my query. Both me and my husband have active EE profiles. My score is 436 and his score is 421. I received PT notification from Ontario on sep2nd and now filling up the forms.
In the application form, there is a question :have you or your spouse been included or already submitted an application to permnanent residence to citizenship and immigration canada(CIC)

what do I answer for this question?
Do I say yes and give my husband;s active EE profile number?

will I get rejected because of that?
Initially our plan was to keep both profiles active until we receive nomination but now this question is throwing us in a fix.
please advise.

Thanks
dpr
Your spouse should necessarily be a part of your application and you should be a part of their application. The only option allowed is to tag them as 'Not accompanying' in which case only you will eventually get the PR status (if your application is successful) while your spouse wouldn't get the PR status along with you.

For this question, whether your spouse is already part of this application which landed you a PT or not, you can safely answer No because they haven't applied to CIC - they have just created an online profile. You should be more worried if your spouse wasn't part of your application - in essence you would've lied to CIC about your marital status. Hope that isn't the case.

manish3412

Sep 15, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I'm not entirely sure I remember this part but choose Masters for the former and 'Two or more..' for the latter, as you have described in the example.
thank you very much Asivad

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask about Medical examination, they are asking me about visa category. I have told them that it's skilled worker. Is this right visa category or i have to mention some thing else?

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
jahanzaibkh said:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask about Medical examination, they are asking me about visa category. I have told them that it's skilled worker. Is this right visa category or i have to mention some thing else?
Tell them Permanent Resident Visa and that its for Express Entry !

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
preeti.msingh109 said:
Tell them Permanent Resident Visa and that its for Express Entry !
Thank you

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac and other seniors,
I got a request for Schedule A from CIC today, they only asked me to fill out the Section 6, which has two questions about refusal visa:
1. Have you been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or application to the PNP or vistor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?

My situation is: I was rejected Canadian business visa in 2008. for the question 2, do I need to answer YES? is "been refused admission to Canada" has the same meaning of been refused visa application? I never been refused by other country nor been ordered to leave any country.

Any reply will be appreciated. :)

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad champ,

Is it Ok to attach a short letter (different from actual LOE) to go along with an uploaded document? This is just to guide the VO and explain what kind of documents are presented or why? For example in a Proof of relationship, i think it's confusing if i just upload documents without a bit of explaining.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hello Asivad Anac and other seniors,
I got a request for Schedule A from CIC today, they only asked me to fill out the Section 6, which has two questions about refusal visa:
1. Have you been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or application to the PNP or vistor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?

My situation is: I was rejected Canadian business visa in 2008. for the question 2, do I need to answer YES? is "been refused admission to Canada" has the same meaning of been refused visa application? I never been refused by other country nor been ordered to leave any country.

Any reply will be appreciated. :)
I imagine you can answer Yes to both these questions on the basis of your 2008 experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Hi Asivad champ,

Is it Ok to attach a short letter (different from actual LOE) to go along with an uploaded document? This is just to guide the VO and explain what kind of documents are presented or why? For example in a Proof of relationship, i think it's confusing if i just upload documents without a bit of explaining.
I imagine that is fine. I like to think of those as sectional LOEs in addition to the meta-LOE in the LOE section itself.

jhaedin

May 22, 2015
Hi Asivad :)

I was invited under CEC, and my question is Do I need to upload my 6 months history/transactions from my bank?
Or I will just upload the Certificate/ Official letter that issued from the bank?
Thank you in Advance.

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
Hi Asivad Anac,

Post submission of application can one create another EE profile just to be safe.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhaedin said:
Hi Asivad :)

I was invited under CEC, and my question is Do I need to upload my 6 months history/transactions from my bank?
Or I will just upload the Certificate/ Official letter that issued from the bank?
Thank you in Advance.
Neither. If you were invited under CEC, you are exempt from POF requirements.