May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Asivad and others ,

Below is the duties of 2174 - Computer programmer as per NOC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Main duties

Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties:•Write, modify, integrate and test software code
•Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
•Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
•Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
•Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
•Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
•May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
•May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

My Work ref letter is like this ,
-----------------------------------

This is to certify that xxxxx (EMP # 12345) is employed with XYZ Limited on a full time basis since DD-MON-YYYY as Computer Programmer.

In this role of Computer Programmer, XXXXX perform the following duties

• Gather, Analyze and document the user requirements.
• Develop high and low level design specifications.
• Create or modify and test the software code/application.
• Monitor the application for any technical problem and provide solution.
• Co-ordinate and lead other programmers/developers in the team.
• Prepare weekly status reports and maintain the application.

Job Nature: Full Time, 40 hrs. Per week.

Is this letter looks good , Even though I served in the company for 10 yrs , my role is the same programmer ,
Do we need to writes pages and pages as work ref letter . Or this half page is enough ? Please help guys .
This should suffice. Include your supervisor's name and designation. Also include your annual salary.

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Many thanks buddy. How is your application doing ? Did you got an ITA OR nomination . I wish and pray you get it thru sooner and I am sure the wishes of everyone in this group are with you with so much help you have extended to everyone's post.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hrc7777 said:
Asivad - My dad transferred money to my account but he's doing it coz I had been sending him regularly over past two years. I'm showing his gift declaration, my statements etc but here is my query.

Do I need to show transfers sent by me deposited in my father's bank account? i.e. show entries in my father's passbook because of money sent by me? or just outgoing entries in my statement will be enough? Do I need to show my dad's bank statement too?
No. That will complicate the story. Keep it simple - show it as a gift and submit the required documents.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piyush123123 said:
Hi Asivad,

I have query for you, please help me as I am very much confused. Issues are -

I have an environmental engineering degree (b.tech) of 4 years and after that I was worked for Govt. of Delhi as "Engineer Trainee" and then got another job in Govt of India as "Scientist B". and then presently I am working for UK based MNC as "Intermediate Engineer \ Scientist'. These organizations have these kind of nomenclature for positions. During job in Govt of India as Scientist 'B' I enrolled in an recognized university for MS (by Research) program in environmental engineering. Its like an Ph.D program all like research and thesis but for masters degree and completed in 2.5 years. I have 2 questions out of this now -

1) I did masters during job so my experience and masters both will count for comprehensive score or not? I have already checked for University recognition in WES website as free evaluation and find its recognized.

Not completely sure but I imagine that at least 1 of those would have to be part-time because CIC might not accept 2 simultaneous full-time activities (by definition, you can have only 1 full-time activity).

2) I got the experience letter on the position I worked as 'Scientist B' and 'Intermediate engineer \ Scientist' but these title positions are not mentioned on the titles of CIC but the work I did in these positions are mentioned in the duties of civil engineering. So will I face any problem for showing experience to them. Environmental engineer title is mentioned under civil engineer occupation list. But in my experience letter its mentioned that I worked during this period I worked in there organization at Scientist position. Please tell me will I face any problem in claiming the score for experience. i have total experience of more then 6 years.

Ignore the job titles. Search for the most appropriate NOC by matching the NOC main duties with your job responsibilities and stick with that.

Looking forward for your earliest revert,

Thanks
Piyush

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hello Asivad,

Can you please advise me on my issue posted before? As i said I got the feedback from Ontario Immigration; however, CIC wont reply so can you advise me on their possible view?

Regards

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I completed my original ECA in Feb 2015. So I was provided an ECA number in the format 1234567IMM.

However I have just added another credential to my previous education history and WES has provided me a different report than the previous one . However the report published on my WES account shows that it is a " not official " report. The reference number is provided on the report which is different to the previous one and the reference number appears as 1234567 and not 1234567IMM.

So if I want to update my CIC account , which reference number should i choose since the latest evaluation makes me eligible for higher points.

Thanks,
Kunal

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal81 said:
Hi Asivad,

I completed my original ECA in Feb 2015. So I was provided an ECA number in the format 1234567IMM.

However I have just added another credential to my previous education history and WES has provided me a different report than the previous one . However the report published on my WES account shows that it is a " not official " report. The reference number is provided on the report which is different to the previous one and the reference number appears as 1234567 and not 1234567IMM.

So if I want to update my CIC account , which reference number should i choose since the latest evaluation makes me eligible for higher points.

Thanks,
Kunal
I'm not sure I completely understood this - have you got a final report from WES? If not, you should possibly wait to receive the report and then update your EE profile.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
I can explain this issue , since I have gone through it ..
First time , when u applied for WES , they evaluated u r degree and gave the report specific to CIC . Thatsy the ref number is xxxxIMM.
When you asked for an upgrade with other credential , they did upgrade your report but the report is a standard /general purpose (for college , higher educ, etc... ) that's y the new report is xxxxxx (without IMM) .

So, you need to order a duplicate report now which is specific to CIC -- So that they will give you a new report which will be xxxxIMM

I personally went through this and got a new report with xxxxIMM

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
This should suffice. Include your supervisor's name and designation. Also include your annual salary.
Thanks Asivad , yes my HR details are added to the report .
But it is not a practice in my company to mention the annual salary in the letter . They never right that number in any kind of letter . They said I can use my salary hike letters for that .

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Query for our resident expert Asivad Anac .

I got OOPNP nomination so reviewing my profile for correctness and had 2 queries which have been probably discussed before but wanted to make sure I am on the right track.

1. I have worked in 4 organizations (2 different NOCs) and have a reference letter for one organization where I worked for 8 years. Should I enter details of my first 2 jobs (different than primary NOC) in my profile ?
As I understood I would need to provide reference letters for these 2 jobs based on the checklist which would definitely be a challenge for me. Can I skip mention of these in work profile and add them under personal history in the form ?
I hope addition under personal history and possible LOE will not be considered a hiding information as I am not claiming points for these 2 jobs anyways.

2. My wife has experience outside of Canada and hence there are no points for her experience. Can I again skip the details in profile and add them in personal details only ?

Appreciate your help in this regard...

Thanks

Cansmk

Jul 19, 2015
Hi Asivad

I have applied for Ontario PNP and have received the AOR. But now I am facing a challenge with regards to jobs which I did for 6 months each at the start of my Career..

I am not able to get the Reference letter in the CIC format

1. XYZ COMPANY ( Photostat of service letter which mentions Name, Designation, dates of service and conduct on a letter head with Sign from HR is available, appointment letter, Paystubs available )

2.. KLM company ( Only photostat of service letter which mentions Name, Designation, dates of service and conduct on a letter head with Sign from Administrative officer is available).. No Payslips or other documents available

My dilemma is that I have gone ahead and submitted what ever I had to Ontario and they are processing my nomination..

I can easily remove these two minor experience of 6 months from my profile , without affecting my score to aviod a rejection from CIC

question 1) .....But When should I be removing these from my Profile .. Can I do it post my nomination and before ITA.. Will it be a misrepresentation

question 2) Since it is a very less experience of 6 months each , will CIC be lenient in processing PR application without the Reference letter in CIC mandated format?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash137 said:
Query for our resident expert Asivad Anac .

I got OOPNP nomination so reviewing my profile for correctness and had 2 queries which have been probably discussed before but wanted to make sure I am on the right track.

1. I have worked in 4 organizations (2 different NOCs) and have a reference letter for one organization where I worked for 8 years. Should I enter details of my first 2 jobs (different than primary NOC) in my profile ?
As I understood I would need to provide reference letters for these 2 jobs based on the checklist which would definitely be a challenge for me. Can I skip mention of these in work profile and add them under personal history in the form ?
I hope addition under personal history and possible LOE will not be considered a hiding information as I am not claiming points for these 2 jobs anyways.

Yes. Not hiding at all because you aren't claiming these points.

2. My wife has experience outside of Canada and hence there are no points for her experience. Can I again skip the details in profile and add them in personal details only ?

Yes again.

Appreciate your help in this regard...

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansmk said:
Hi Asivad

I have applied for Ontario PNP and have received the AOR. But now I am facing a challenge with regards to jobs which I did for 6 months each at the start of my Career..

I am not able to get the Reference letter in the CIC format

1. XYZ COMPANY ( Photostat of service letter which mentions Name, Designation, dates of service and conduct on a letter head with Sign from HR is available, appointment letter, Paystubs available )

2.. KLM company ( Only photostat of service letter which mentions Name, Designation, dates of service and conduct on a letter head with Sign from Administrative officer is available).. No Payslips or other documents available

My dilemma is that I have gone ahead and submitted what ever I had to Ontario and they are processing my nomination..

I can easily remove these two minor experience of 6 months from my profile , without affecting my score to aviod a rejection from CIC

question 1) .....But When should I be removing these from my Profile .. Can I do it post my nomination and before ITA.. Will it be a misrepresentation

Won't be a misrepresentation but remove them only if it doesn't affect your score. If it doesn't affect your score, you can remove that experience right away.

question 2) Since it is a very less experience of 6 months each , will CIC be lenient in processing PR application without the Reference letter in CIC mandated format?

CIC will give you no points for that work experience, that's all. No leniency there. You should hope to get those additional 600 points so that the rest of your profile points don't matter and you qualify for the ITA and PR.

Thanks in advance for your answers

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad Anac for your inputs ...

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Hello Asivad,

While I was reading through the Reference Letter requirement, I have a question:

1) Do we need to provide annual salary+benefits details for all job positions held in the same company ?

2) In my current company I have moved 3 positions . Can I just provide the salary details of my most current job position ? I will ofcourse include responsibilities for all job positions, but thinking if providing the current annual compensation for only current job position is good enough or not ?