Thank you Asivad Anac

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
I got my NS AOR on Jan-11 and additional document request on Jan-12th. In the additional documents request, they have asked for my spouses renewed passport ( I had provided renewal acknowledgement). However, the place of birth in the new passport and old passport are different. The new passport's POB was changed to match her place of birth as per the birth certificate. I tried to get a notarized affidavit explaining the same; from the notary office here but they have only 1 centre in Dubai with a long queue, taking upto 3 hours or more. My wife cant take a leave for this as she is having issues at office.

Will a letter of explanation suffice for this matter, instead of the notarized affidavit? Or is the affidavit mandatory?

Please assist urgently as deadline for docs submission is Jan 20th, 2016.

-Tx, evoboy

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Hi Asivad,..before i saw in forum about bio data and passport with pictures need to send for CORP..but with my passport request, there is no bio data papers??so i will just send photo, passport and the ppr letter???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorkhethito said:
Hi Asivad,..before i saw in forum about bio data and passport with pictures need to send for CORP..but with my passport request, there is no bio data papers??so i will just send photo, passport and the ppr letter???
Yes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evoboy2016 said:
I got my NS AOR on Jan-11 and additional document request on Jan-12th. In the additional documents request, they have asked for my spouses renewed passport ( I had provided renewal acknowledgement). However, the place of birth in the new passport and old passport are different. The new passport's POB was changed to match her place of birth as per the birth certificate. I tried to get a notarized affidavit explaining the same; from the notary office here but they have only 1 centre in Dubai with a long queue, taking upto 3 hours or more. My wife cant take a leave for this as she is having issues at office.

Will a letter of explanation suffice for this matter, instead of the notarized affidavit? Or is the affidavit mandatory?

Please assist urgently as deadline for docs submission is Jan 20th, 2016.

-Tx, evoboy
Minor detail as the place of birth mismatch is just some other city in the same country. No explanation required.

Winry

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi Asivad,

I just want to thank you!! I've been reading this forum for a long time and your posts are really helpfull. You helped me a lot spetially on the PoF part, where we had to transfer money from my husband's account to mine. This saturday we were finally able to submitt our application. Let's hope for the best :D

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hello everyone,

1)My dad's name is miss-spelt in my graduation marks card. Do i need to write an LOE for this?
It is correct tin my birth certificate and in passport.

2)My husbands name is misspelt in his degree marks card and have got an affidavit mentioning this mistake and the correct spelling. WES accepted
this for ECA. will it cause any problem now?

thank you
KKumar

CanEEPR

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks a lot for all your Help !!

Just one more doubt, if I answer 'No' to the question : Do you have valid job offer ? Would it remove my points for Canadian work exp. I am getting points for 2 years of Canadian Work exp or these are independent ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Hello everyone,

1)My dad's name is miss-spelt in my graduation marks card. Do i need to write an LOE for this?
It is correct tin my birth certificate and in passport.

Doesn't matter. No LOE required.

2)My husbands name is misspelt in his degree marks card and have got an affidavit mentioning this mistake and the correct spelling. WES accepted
this for ECA. will it cause any problem now?

No. Again, no LOE required.

thank you
KKumar

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanEEPR said:
Thanks a lot for all your Help !!

Just one more doubt, if I answer 'No' to the question : Do you have valid job offer ? Would it remove my points for Canadian work exp. I am getting points for 2 years of Canadian Work exp or these are independent ?
That'll make no difference to your points.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Is consolidated marks card provided by the university enough for educational proofs ? We are not able to reduce the size of the document with 8 semesters of bachelors , 4 semesters of masters , degree certificates and ECA.

The consolidated marks card has all the 8 semesters in one document and will be easier to compress.

Thank you
KKumar

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Is consolidated marks card provided by the university enough for educational proofs ? We are not able to reduce the size of the document with 8 semesters of bachelors , 4 semesters of masters , degree certificates and ECA.

The consolidated marks card has all the 8 semesters in one document and will be easier to compress.

Thank you
KKumar
For post ITA document upload, just the ECA and degree certificate(s) would do. No marks card or transcripts required.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
Thanks for the reply. Seems like I have to renew the passport ASAP. At what point do we need to inform CIC about the new passport? After PPR?
If you have your passport renewed before your PPR, then you submit a Case specific enquiry along with the new passport details. You can do it anytime but the earlier, the better.

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....