+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I am having problem in getting my pcc from Burkina Faso (west Africa). I was there for a year on company's business and now back to my home country.

For pcc I even called the embassy but they said that it has to be done within country and can't be arranged by embassy. I have even tried calling on the phone no. that CIC has provided for police verification but nobody answers my call.

Please suggest what can i do in such a situation.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubin said:
Oh my days! I've heard so much about you in all these posts and need to say I am very excited to get your response Asivad ;D

Thank you so much and by the way, my POF is shown using only FD accounts which was started couple weeks ago. In that case I wont have anything to show 6 months avg balance. You think that's gonna be a problem?

My Idea of bringing this SB account into the picture was to make up for this "6 months Avg. bal" requirement.
The 6 months average balance requirement is only for CIC to ensure that your funds aren't borrowed - essentially it means that CIC is willing to accept that your funds aren't borrowed if they've been around in your bank for at least 6 months or you can conclusively prove that they aren't borrowed.

In this case, I don't understand how bringing your SB account into the picture helps you prove that the funds in your FD accounts aren't borrowed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvd said:
Hi Asivad,

I am having problem in getting my pcc from Burkina Faso (west Africa). I was there for a year on company's business and now back to my home country.

For pcc I even called the embassy but they said that it has to be done within country and can't be arranged by embassy. I have even tried calling on the phone no. that CIC has provided for police verification but nobody answers my call.

Please suggest what can i do in such a situation.

Thanks
Unfortunately, I cannot help beyond what is provided by CIC on this link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/burkina-faso.asp

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Hi Asivad,do i need to take print of schedule 4 form and sign it by hand and then scan it and send?
Please advise me ....thanks

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The 6 months average balance requirement is only for CIC to ensure that your funds aren't borrowed - essentially it means that CIC is willing to accept that your funds aren't borrowed if they've been around in your bank for at least 6 months or you can conclusively prove that they aren't borrowed.

In this case, I don't understand how bringing your SB account into the picture helps you prove that the funds in your FD accounts aren't borrowed.
The thing is, I just received the funds from my Mother a week ago into this new FD account. I do have 3 other documents supporting the fact that its not borrowed, such as Gift Deed, Affidavit and Net Worth. Do you think this will be all?
I was confused because, many other forums mentioned the "6 Month Avg. bal" as a necessary document whether its an FD or an SB account.

I'm sorry I wasn't making much sense before. But now that I got your point. Do I need to show the 6 Month Avg. bal from my Mother's account before she made the gift transfer? To show that she did not borrow the money from someone else?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubin said:
The thing is, I just received the funds from my Mother a week ago into this new FD account. I do have 3 other documents supporting the fact that its not borrowed, such as Gift Deed, Affidavit and Net Worth. Do you think this will be all?
I was confused because, many other forums mentioned the "6 Month Avg. bal" as a necessary document whether its an FD or an SB account.

Those documents should be sufficient.

I'm sorry I wasn't making much sense before. But now that I got your point. Do I need to show the 6 Month Avg. bal from my Mother's account before she made the gift transfer? To show that she did not borrow the money from someone else?

You don't have to provide 6 months average balance from your mother's account. CIC won't be keen on their source of funds.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I'm uploading documents in my eAPR. Since I mentioned that both me and my wife have a "nickname or alias", the system is expecting a "Legal Name Change or LOE" for Name section. In India, we frequently shorten the last name to initials, so both of us have an expanded last name in passport, while in many educational certificates and work experience documents, the last name is just one letter.

I spoke to my lawyer and he says he can get an affidavit generated for both me and my wife, two separate documents, that declares that both names refer to the one and the same person, for both of our cases. Is this sufficient? Or shall I also attach a LOE along with affidavits for both of us?

I personally prefer making this affidavit to avoid any reworks in this area later, because especially for me, my name is variously mentioned as JAMES LOUIS MULFORD, J L MULFORD, MULFORD L JAMES in different documents.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:
Hi Asivad,

I'm uploading documents in my eAPR. Since I mentioned that both me and my wife have a "nickname or alias", the system is expecting a "Legal Name Change or LOE" for Name section. In India, we frequently shorten the last name to initials, so both of us have an expanded last name in passport, while in many educational certificates and work experience documents, the last name is just one letter.

I spoke to my lawyer and he says he can get an affidavit generated for both me and my wife, two separate documents, that declares that both names refer to the one and the same person, for both of our cases. Is this sufficient? Or shall I also attach a LOE along with affidavits for both of us?

I personally prefer making this affidavit to avoid any reworks in this area later, because especially for me, my name is variously mentioned as JAMES LOUIS MULFORD, J L MULFORD, MULFORD L JAMES in different documents.
If the difference between the names is caused just by the expanded version of your initials, there is no need to submit any LOE/affidavit. CIC wouldn't have any concerns on this front while processing your PR application.

If you still want to submit an affidavit, you can certainly choose to do that. No harm done.

All the best!

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
if you receive medical passed message and/or schedule 4 request, does it mean that profile is eligible to be processed further? does it mean that all supporting documents and forms details are in order?
can u advise on this Asivad?

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac,
I have doubts on my proof of funds.

1. Could I use my spouse account to complete my proof of funds? For example, I have 12.000 in my account and other 5.000 in her account (that account belongs to her, it is not a shared account)

2. Could I use documents that proof I bought Canadian dollars?

Thank you so much.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
if you receive medical passed message and/or schedule 4 request, does it mean that profile is eligible to be processed further? does it mean that all supporting documents and forms details are in order?
can u advise on this Asivad?
Neither of these 2 events can be reliably used to confirm that the profile is deemed to be eligible.

Jawad Talib

Sep 30, 2015
Hay guys,
Need your advise on below:

CIC website says that they need PCC since the age of 18 years. I was born on 26 October, 1982, that also mean I turned 18 years on 26 October 2000 (just added 18 years to my DOB here). Now, Pakistani PCC does contain the addresses with dates (TO and From). My PCC starts from 2001 - till date, is that OK?

It is something like this:

Address 1 2001 - 2007
Address 2 2007 - 2015

Now, am I missing couple of months here?? (October 2000 - December 2000). Normally, PCC in Pakistani does not contain any dates and months.

Looking forward for an advise on it??

Jawad

harry16125

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2016
Asivad Anac said:
CIC doesn't state anywhere that PCC obtained from Indian passport authorities is unacceptable. The site only says that one can obtain PCC from police authorities. That doesn't mean that one cannot obtain PCC from passport authorities.

All the best!
Hi Asivad

Sorry to bother you again.

Pls check the following content (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V from CIC website)

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Pls advice.

Rgds/Harry

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry16125 said:
Hi Asivad

Sorry to bother you again.

Pls check the following content (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V from CIC website)

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Pls advice.

Rgds/Harry
I am from the state of Kerala, India and I have done my PCC twice(earlier one was for the UK couple years ago). I can assure you that getting it from Passport Seva Kendra is totally acceptable and it is also hassle free. Once you apply online and pay the fees, it barely takes about half a day.