+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Apologies for a newbie question on this thread.

I was requested for a fingerprint as a part of my citizenship application. My understanding is that these are for the criminality check part of the background check.

My question: Does a criminality check always imply that the security screening will also be enhanced and take a couple of months longer than usual applications. OR Can a person be referred for criminality check and still have the security screening portion completed pretty quickly?

I am not concerned about not meeting any of the above stages. Just want my application to be done sooner than later. My test was clear before I got the finger print request. My wife who applied with me has her background check cleared. We both have the similar history and are applying from the same country of origin.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
@GoodnewsToday & @jojee2k6 or others , does anyone knows who is responsible or assigned to select specific applicants for CSIS and or CBSA? Done automatically by system or handy by officer/agent ? Also witch office conduct that local one , Fingerprints office or Sydney?
Any idea ?!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
@GoodnewsToday & @jojee2k6 or others , does anyone knows who is responsible or assigned to select specific applicants for CSIS and or CBSA? Done automatically by system or handy by officer/agent ? Also witch office conduct that local one , Fingerprints office or Sydney?
Any idea ?!
Sydney does that in the CBSA note you will see in security section which is not hidden it is hidden in the IRCC notes , you will see office 809 which is Sydney assigned it and assigned to officer you will see officer code could be random choice or not but it is not by the system and requested from who , in my case CSIS , and date requested and I just got the second CBSA note , it comes with letter saying information about the specific security is hidden but it is cover what section , mine started April and first CBSA was in July has two section they work in , today after two month , the letter says only one section and that is kind of international name search
Get the CBSA note and you will understand better it doesn’t faster the process it is only for us to know when it started and the progress , although mine not showing any progress , just say in process but kind of I noted the letter has one section vs two section which the security clearance are under now and letter from CSIS notes only says it is under process no section no even start date , passed five month so kind of half way hope get cleared within the 6.5 month

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I've
Sydney does that in the CBSA note you will see in security section which is not hidden it is hidden in the IRCC notes , you will see office 809 which is Sydney assigned it and assigned to officer you will see officer code could be random choice or not but it is not by the system and requested from who , in my case CSIS , and date requested and I just got the second CBSA note , it comes with letter saying information about the specific security is hidden but it is cover what section , mine started April and first CBSA was in July has two section they work in , today after two month , the letter says only one section and that is kind of international name search
Get the CBSA note and you will understand better it doesn’t faster the process it is only for us to know when it started and the progress , although mine not showing any progress , just say in process but kind of I noted the letter has one section vs two section which the security clearance are under now and letter from CSIS notes only says it is under process no section no even start date , passed five month so kind of half way hope get cleared within the 6.5 month
I've requested for CBSA notes 3 months ago haven't received them yet!!!

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Finally Decision made status updated on ECAS. Called IRCC they confirmed that BG has been completed. LPP was updated before. Waiting for oath.

Reactions: GoodnewsToday

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Finally Decision made status updated on ECAS. Called IRCC they confirmed that BG has been completed. LPP was updated before. Waiting for oath.
i
Congratulations. Can you share under what reason got approved or urgent processing , we waikitng urge my for travel and work plan bi never applied or urgent and looks like it it is taking long Tom e

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
i
Congratulations. Can you share under what reason got approved or urgent processing , we waikitng urge my for travel and work plan bi never applied or urgent and looks like it it is taking long Tom e
I had a job offer which mentioned everything. First two requests rejected this is the 3rd one accepted.

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
I was asking the same question same time you asked ,
Any way I just sent email to my MP explaining that I have cavern waiting long time and most of the applicants who applied at the same time processed at the same office already got certificate

I will update once o get respond
Any update from the MP?

ACE_1122

Aug 31, 2023
Hi Everyone, I am new to this form, Is anyone with similar timelines?
APP Submitted: 28 SEP 2022 Primary Office Montreal: Secondary Office: CPC Sydney
AOR: 5 OCT
BG Started 15 Jan
Test Completed 16 Feb
GU 2 March
BG Completed 24 Aug
LLP Not started yet. RC-8090

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Hi Everyone, I am new to this form, Is anyone with similar timelines?
APP Submitted: 28 SEP 2022 Primary Office Montreal: Secondary Office: CPC Sydney
AOR: 5 OCT
BG Started 15 Jan
Test Completed 16 Feb
GU 2 March
BG Completed 24 Aug
LLP Not started yet. RC-8090
thanks for sharing you give us hope, my BG still in process started April, this is the fifth month, it looks like it took you 7 month to get cleared, so two more month for us,
for LPP, as I see on many thread , who stuck in bg for long like us, LPP got completed in a week or so, you will get it soon,

Last edited:

ACE_1122

Aug 31, 2023
thanks for sharing you give up hope, my BG still in process started April, this is the fifth month, it looks like it took you 7 month to get cleared, so two more month for us,
for LPP, as I see on many thread , who stuck in bg for long like us, LPP got completed in a week or so, you will get it soon,
I think for the people who were stuck in BG security and submitted fingerprints, LPP got completed for them in a week or so.
In my case, they haven't even started working on LPP :(
I was stuck in security without a fingerprint request.

ACE_1122

Aug 31, 2023
I am not ungrateful but too much frustrated.
1st friend of Mine Jan 15 - 2023 Applicant already got the passport
2nd friend May 26 - 2023 applicant got his passport last week.
from test to oath 1 month for both of them.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I think for the people who were stuck in BG security and submitted fingerprints, LPP got completed for them in a week or so.
In my case, they haven't even started working on LPP :(
I was stuck in security without a fingerprint request.
good point, as I submitted FP , I though all who stuck in SS already was requested and submitted FP,
I also thought LPP done by local office, but you mentioned RC-8090
Did you contact your local office , ask when my LPP will be done and see what they say,

Last edited: