+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Do we have to provide the job letter offer with the exact start time , can it be just the job we applying for
Correct and it must be mentioned that Canadian passports is required . And what is the reason for Canadian passport. Normally if you have other valid passport they are not going to entertain your request. What is ur time line

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Correct and it must be mentioned that Canadian passports is required . And what is the reason for Canadian passport. Normally if you have other valid passport they are not going to entertain your request. What is ur time line
AOR Feb 21 , end of March BG , still in process , test passed end of May , I got CBSA - ATIP notes , bG for security started end of March required CSIS which why there is delay , criminality passed immediately after they received finger print , so if security not passed at the same time as criminality , always because they required CSIS clearance which takes at least six month , if CSIS wasnt required BG would had been. Marked completed when they received the finger print result , so right now not much left almost 4 months out of the six month , hopefully end of September , I get security clearance done and bG completed , I requested another CBSA , ATIP today , will get it in 30 days to see if any progress in security although I know if IRCC recive the security clearance from CSIS they will mark BG completed in a day and from other thread , it looks like if IRCC requested CSIS security clearance it doesn’t take less then six month , six month is the minimum , I saw couple of post for June 2022 applicants who their security clearance started January they got bG completed in July but the good thing once it is done they move with LPP and oath so fast within less than a month

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
AOR Feb 21 , end of March BG , still in process , test passed end of May , I got CBSA - ATIP notes , bG for security started end of March required CSIS which why there is delay , criminality passed immediately after they received finger print , so if security not passed at the same time as criminality , always because they required CSIS clearance which takes at least six month , if CSIS wasnt required BG would had been. Marked completed when they received the finger print result , so right now not much left almost 4 months out of the six month , hopefully end of September , I get security clearance done and bG completed , I requested another CBSA , ATIP today , will get it in 30 days to see if any progress in security although I know if IRCC recive the security clearance from CSIS they will mark BG completed in a day and from other thread , it looks like if IRCC requested CSIS security clearance it doesn’t take less then six month , six month is the minimum , I saw couple of post for June 2022 applicants who their security clearance started January they got bG completed in July but the good thing once it is done they move with LPP and oath so fast within less than a month
Got it . My questions is they don’t move with LPP if security is pending. If LPP is completed i am assuming BG is almost done or what do you think ?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Got it . My questions is they don’t move with LPP if security is pending. If LPP is completed i am assuming BG is almost done or what do you think ?
They didn’t do the prohibition yet waiting for security , you can call tomrrow ana ask if security cleared or not yet , because bG is two thing criminality which is cleared after you submit FP and security if it is not cleared with criminality that mean it required CSIS and they wait for it , so call and ask be specific is security cleared or not yet , it could be cleared tomrrow and your bG will show completed in a day or two , it takes two days to see the update in the tracker

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
They didn’t do the prohibition yet waiting for security , you can call tomrrow ana ask if security cleared or not yet , because bG is two thing criminality which is cleared after you submit FP and security if it is not cleared with criminality that mean it required CSIS and they wait for it , so call and ask be specific is security cleared or not yet , it could be cleared tomrrow and your bG will show completed in a day or two , it takes two days to see the update in the tracker
I called them Friday got info that its in progress wait for the next steps . (Thats give me positive hope because they used to tell me us the same while asking updates for my wife and she got oth after two weeks ) My wife already have passport and as per law family application should processed together. The officer said not sure how this happened but family application should process together. Let see i am hoping something next week .

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hi guys.
I just got an update today for interview on September 10th.
This came in 1 week after Background was completed.

Anyone who has gone through this, can you kindly give a summary and sense as to what is usually required and what questions I can expect?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Hi guys.
I just got an update today for interview on September 10th.
This came in 1 week after Background was completed.

Anyone who has gone through this, can you kindly give a summary and sense as to what is usually required and what questions I can expect?
Can you share your timeline and office?

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Can you share your timeline and office?

Application history

• Sep 11, 2023
    Interview required
    You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on September 11, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Jul 19, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

• Apr 29, 2022
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

• Apr 29, 2022
    Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 29, 2022 and May 19, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Apr 21, 2022
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

• Nov 5, 2021
  • Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

• Wow
Reactions: Cpwr

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Any update?
Nope, crossed 6 months mark on 08 Aug. Two possibilities:
1) upcoming week probably
2) will take more than 6 months, 7 or 8 or more.

Given how opaque and arbitrary this lottery process is, one can only muddle the mind with speculations.

Last edited:

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I am not sure this link is about the security screening most of us waiting for , you can check it , if so according to the bottom table it will take , either 120+75 that is about six and half months or 120+ 120 that is 8 months

I also got yesterday the CSIs notes it is just a letter saying my security screening in process and for privacy protection doesn’t provide the details, got it in 30 days + 10 days for mail ,processed exactly in 30 days

last cbsa notes only provided the start date of security screening and type CSIs , got it my email in 30 days even it has due date was a month from the start date which passed already , but stillin process according to CSIs notes , which I got after

and of course the IRCC note doesn’t provide any details about the security screening but has due date for the LPP was august 04 but no update happened in this date

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/couts-traitement-costs-processing-eng.html

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I am not sure this link is about the security screening most of us waiting for , you can check it , if so according to the bottom table it will take , either 120+75 that is about six and half months or 120+ 120 that is 8 months

I also got yesterday the CSIs notes it is just a letter saying my security screening in process and for privacy protection doesn’t provide the details, got it in 30 days + 10 days for mail ,processed exactly in 30 days

last cbsa notes only provided the start date of security screening and type CSIs , got it my email in 30 days even it has due date was a month from the start date which passed already , but stillin process according to CSIs notes , which I got after

and of course the IRCC note doesn’t provide any details about the security screening but has due date for the LPP was august 04 but no update happened in this date

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/personnel/couts-traitement-costs-processing-eng.html
Yes this link states about SS, also @legalfalcon mentioned on site about 110 calendar days:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/
Secondly, I also received CSIS notes stating the same as of yours.
Thirdly, due date is same as of criminality, which I don't even bother as its internal and not being followed at all, just unnecessery stuff. Ironic.

Lets see how things evolve in such uncertain turmoil.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Yes this link states about SS, also @legalfalcon mentioned on site about 110 calendar days:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/
Secondly, I also received CSIS notes stating the same as of yours.
Thirdly, due date is same as of criminality, which I don't even bother as its internal and not being followed at all, just unnecessery stuff. Ironic.

Lets see how things evolve in such uncertain turmoil.
I just wonder what trigger this ss for some of us , for me could it be after landing i went back to the country where I work , then I quit my job and lived in my home country for more than six months then moved to Canada for 3 years , so I provided police certificate from my home country , I the link I provided before it says ,Ss done because lived out of the country ( canada ) more than six month , is that true ? Do most of applicants here who going through the same extensive SS lived out of Canada since landing more than six month ?