+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It was Criminality that took long for me. I should have 2 fingerprint reports with them. I did an initial first one but the RCMP officer omitted my file number on the FP report and it took IRCC a long time to update as I thought they could not link the FP to my application because of missing application number but this was later updated on March 14th (showed up on the tracker on March 16th). Meanwhile, because i was so anxious, I had gone ahead to do another FP with an approved Agency on March 15th before I saw the update of the 1st FP on March 16th on the Tracker. A part of me thinks it was probably the 2nd FP report that happened on the tracker on March 24th (the ghost update) but again i feel that was too early as it took them more than 2 months to update the 1st FP on the tracker.
Thankfully it's done now!

Do let us know when you receive an update. Hopefully it’s coming soon!

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Called IRCC: my LPP is still "Not Started". Anyone got any idea as to possible reasons? My background was completed more than 2 months ago (Applied Sep 21, Test June 22). Everyone I've seen has their had their LPP "in progress" after delayed security check completed, usually with DM within a month or so.

I've applied for urgent processing but no idea when that will be looked at either. Response from Scarborough to my UP request was "your file is in queue for review by an officer". I don't know if that means the urgent processing request, or my file itself in queue for some kind of second level review by a senior officer.

If it was being actively processed and they wanted interview/documents or even RQ, at least it would be progress but my file just seems to be stuck in a "queue" and nobody is even looking at it.

@scylla @rajkamalmohanram
Experts please can you offer your thoughts?

Last edited:

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Its been 5 1/2 weeks since BG was completed but no updates on LPP yet. Anyone have ideas on why this could take longer? Barely any travel during the elig period.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Its been 5 1/2 weeks since BG was completed but no updates on LPP yet. Anyone have ideas on why this could take longer? Barely any travel during the elig period.
I'm coming up to 8 weeks. Have you obtained gcms notes after your background cleared? Does it say your LPP is in progress? Mine are not started (the status in tracker is unreliable). You can also call them to find out.

In my case, I've been self-employed and have had some periods of unemployment and relatively low income due to covid 19 crushing my work. I also took my test outside Canada. They like stable employment at a workplace, and high tax returns to help verify residency so I suspect I'm in queue for a second level review/interview.

Applied for urgent processing before the strike but nothing so far.

Reactions: PAB

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Interesting.. I haven't applied for GCMS but I am going to, today. I am not self-employed but that's good info. Thank you.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Interesting.. I haven't applied for GCMS but I am going to, today. I am not self-employed but that's good info. Thank you.
Notes do take at least one month from cbsa and potentially several months from IRCC. You can also call to ask- the call centre agents have access to the notes. Ask if your LPP are in progress and for the latest officers notes on your file.

Reactions: PAB

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
I feel these notes and calling doesn’t do anything. IRCC takes it own sweet time with some backlogged applications and they generally get to these backlog applications once in 4-5 months. I have seen movement in most application around 4-5 month mark

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I feel these notes and calling doesn’t do anything. IRCC takes it own sweet time with some backlogged applications and they generally get to these backlog applications once in 4-5 months. I have seen movement in most application around 4-5 month mark
You're right, the backlog is being processed slowly. But some (like me) are being processed Even slower than backlogged applications. So it can help to know what's happening by looking at notes.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
You're right, the backlog is being processed slowly. But some (like me) are being processed Even slower than backlogged applications. So it can help to know what's happening by looking at notes.
If security is in process while criminality is passed and test is completed, one can safely assume that SS is triggered or just procedural delay? Or only the notes can reveal that whether its SS or not?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
If security is in process while criminality is passed and test is completed, one can safely assume that SS is triggered or just procedural delay? Or only the notes can reveal that whether its SS or not?
Not sure I understand the question. Some people's security screening gets referred to CSIS (can confirm from CBSA security activity notes- although it may be blanked out). Can take 7-9 months in such cases, whilst everything else is on hold. If you're unfortunate to be in this situation, you have to wait it out. Once background clears, and your file is simple/routine, things should move quickly.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Not sure I understand the question. Some people's security screening gets referred to CSIS (can confirm from CBSA security activity notes- although it may be blanked out). Can take 7-9 months in such cases, whilst everything else is on hold. If you're unfortunate to be in this situation, you have to wait it out. Once background clears, and your file is simple/routine, things should move quickly.
Thanks, we applied by paper in Oct, 2023 and my spouse have BGC in March 14c, after FP Req received. While my criminality is passed but security in process, hence BG is in process. We already have test completed on Feb 28. I applied for CBSA GCMS but didnt arrived, hence I'm stressed out whether its in SS or not.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks, we applied by paper in Oct, 2023 and my spouse have BGC in March 14c, after FP Req received. While my criminality is passed but security in process, hence BG is in process. We already have test completed on Feb 28. I applied for CBSA GCMS but didnt arrived, hence I'm stressed out whether its in SS or not.
Do you mean Oct 2022?

When was your criminality passed and how do you know that security screening in is in progress? From the date your security screening started it could take some time if it's been referred to CSIS. But since you applied only recently, you're well within the processing time, even with a security delay.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Do you mean Oct 2022?

When was your criminality passed and how do you know that security screening in is in progress? From the date your security screening started it could take some time if it's been referred to CSIS. But since you applied only recently, you're well within the processing time, even with a security delay.
Yes Oct 2022. Spouse received FP Req on Feb 22, FP received Mar 13, and her BGC on Mar 14. So I guess my criminality also passed with her on Mar 13-14, but Security in process since Feb 22?? No idea. Also I don't know whether it went in Security Screening or generally security is pending, as noticed on this thread, test pass and security in process mostly cases are of SS, thats what makes me wonder whether mine is in SS or just security is in process due to procedural delay. Hence the worry here and notes not arrived so I don't know. Hence was asking how come I be certain whether its SS or not.